What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like that new putter is treating you well, RW !

I absolutely LOVE my SeeMore putter!!! I still have the occasional three putt but that is the indian and not the arrow. My putting has really improved with this stick. I am not leaving my long putts way short anymore and my line has really improved now that I know my putter head is square.

I played North Shore Golf Course today. 6500 yds with some long Par 5's and Par 3's. It was my first time playing the course. I had a buddy who has played it multiple times giving me some great advice. I'm absolutely excited because I shot my best score ever, a 77; Front 9 - 40, Back 9 - 37. Previous best was 79 in 2009. Hit 9 fairways and 10 greens. I was on fire on the back nine. I had multiple birdie chances converted one after I stuck my approach within 3 feet from 120 yds. I had another birdie opportunity that missed by inches on the following par 3. It was a lot of fun.

Thanks to JB and TC for talking about course management playing smart shots and not trying to go for it all the time. Also, thanks to Andy for telling me to take PW with shots 100-110 and 52 for 100 and in with a nice smooth swing. It totally works taking more club and swinging easier.

Went out early and played the local hackers course that is very close to me but often REALLY slow. Well today was real slow but I still ended up with a 89. Thats two in a row now, Im starting to scare myself. I really didnt think I was playing that well as I was struggling off the tee today. I looked back at my scorecard and only hit one fairway all day. But putting was pretty good with 35 , one three putt on each 9. I wanted to improve on the par 3's and par 5's and I did ok. Par 5's were my big number holes previously and this time I got par, bogey and double. The par 3's were a mix of bogeys and pars. So that makes two in a row under 90!

Congrats Kevin! That's really exciting that you're finding a few under 90!

I spent a LOT of time at the range over the last week, and today was my first time back on the course after changing a LOT of my swing. I struggled to get the right form until probably the 7th hole, and it cost me on the front nine, finishing at 43.

Once I got it figured out though, it was awesome. Four pars and a birdie to start the back nine, only to be stopped by a massive cloud of anger/lightning/wind/worried mother haha... I would have loved to finish, but I'll take what I can get right now... If I can get back under a 10, I'll be so pumped.

Congrats Kevin! That's really exciting that you're finding a few under 90!

I spent a LOT of time at the range over the last week, and today was my first time back on the course after changing a LOT of my swing. I struggled to get the right form until probably the 7th hole, and it cost me on the front nine, finishing at 43.

Once I got it figured out though, it was awesome. Four pars and a birdie to start the back nine, only to be stopped by a massive cloud of anger/lightning/wind/worried mother haha... I would have loved to finish, but I'll take what I can get right now... If I can get back under a 10, I'll be so pumped.

thanks canadan! Sounds like your getting that swing back, hell Id be pretty happy with a 43 lol. good luck getting under 10!

thanks canadan! Sounds like your getting that swing back, hell Id be pretty happy with a 43 lol. good luck getting under 10!

Yeah, it's coming around.. I'm not doing myself any favours playing blades, but the more time I put in on the range, the better it feels.

I just need to give up trying to play like a pro and just enjoy the fact that I'm golfing instead of doing.. well... anything else.

Awesome round OEM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got in the front 9 at my local course, left with another 46. Around hole 4 I started feeling queezy, and now I'm home on the couch with a 101.8 fever and a few squirrels tusseling in my tummy. The last few holes took some willpower, but I feel good that I finished.

Congrats on the great rounds boys, things are starting to click... It must be summer!

Thanks guys and gals! And hope you get to feelin better sacul!

I shot a 41 on the front 9 at Bois de Sioux up here in ND. That is a new personal best score for me(42 was my old best). I was very excited as this came off of a week+ where I couldnt shoot below 50. My contact was back, and I was able to hit all the shots I needed too. A few shots I woulda liked to take back, but overall I am very happy with my round.

I shot a 41 on the front 9 at Bois de Sioux up here in ND. That is a new personal best score for me(42 was my old best). I was very excited as this came off of a week+ where I couldnt shoot below 50. My contact was back, and I was able to hit all the shots I needed too. A few shots I woulda liked to take back, but overall I am very happy with my round.

Great round Dustk, sounds like your playing well. I shot a 91 today with a 10 on number 10, lol. Hit two in a row OB and the third straight up landing under a bush, haha. Overall a good round, just had two bad holes that ate my lunch.

This weekend my country club had the annual President's Cup where the Current Club Champion and the Club President select teams. We have two teams, the Red and Black. I was drafted to the black team at the dinner held for us Friday night. On Saturday we played two man teams with 9 holes of best ball and 9 holes of alternate "hate your teammate" shot that is a standard match play format. We had a three hole lead going into the back until my teammate decided to start hitting all of our approach shots out of bounds. So we ended up losing down two after blowing the last 4 holes. Sunday was best ball player vs player and my teammate was beaten 5 & 4 but I shot my alltime best round of a 77 and won 4&3 and clinched the team points with a par on 17 for a 2&1 victory as a team. It turns out our 4 points was the deciding match to helping the black team win the cup. What a great way to break 80 for the first time this season!

Good Job! Way to hang in there and play tough when the going got rough......

90 today; horrible putting and chipping; started with a 43 and then a 47. Played ok; Driving the ball well and irons were good; chipping and putting sucked

43. I am NOT pleased with that at all! My driving just left me everywhere today and I was constantly punching out, one one hole I kept hitting roots and had 3 punch outs on the same hole. Although I will give myself some credit because my ball striking was much better today.

5/9 Greens
1/7 Fairways
1 Double, 1 Triple, 5 Pars, 2 Bogeys

Cool thing though, a friend of mine holed out from 145 today. It was really cool to see.

Today I stopped by a course I drive by everyday to and from work. Its a course I played a few years ago but they completely dug up and rebuilt the course. Ive been wanting to play it for a long time as it looks very nice now. The $59 charge to play is a little steep IMO for a public Delaware course but oh well. They had a chipping green, large putting green and a nice driving range too. They put me out with a 9:16 tee time so no warm up for me. Let me just say that this course is a HUGE change but a welcome one from my normal courses. Way way less woods and more open, almost Florida style but way less water. I was really hitting the ball well today but putting killed me. So strange as Ive been lights out lately. BUT, these greens were the fastest greens Ive ever played. I think grown men go home and cry after those greens. Nine three putts!! NINE!! Thats terrible. Ended up shooting a 91. All in all not too bad, first time on this course, slick greens and all those three putts. And only hit about 7 fairways today too.

Today I stopped by a course I drive by everyday to and from work. Its a course I played a few years ago but they completely dug up and rebuilt the course. Ive been wanting to play it for a long time as it looks very nice now. The $59 charge to play is a little steep IMO for a public Delaware course but oh well. They had a chipping green, large putting green and a nice driving range too. They put me out with a 9:16 tee time so no warm up for me. Let me just say that this course is a HUGE change but a welcome one from my normal courses. Way way less woods and more open, almost Florida style but way less water. I was really hitting the ball well today but putting killed me. So strange as Ive been lights out lately. BUT, these greens were the fastest greens Ive ever played. I think grown men go home and cry after those greens. Nine three putts!! NINE!! Thats terrible. Ended up shooting a 91. All in all not too bad, first time on this course, slick greens and all those three putts. And only hit about 7 fairways today too.

Good round OEM considering first time on the course, etc. Sounds like you need to find a ghost putter stat!

As nice as Riverwood?

Good round OEM considering first time on the course, etc. Sounds like you need to find a ghost putter stat!

Who knows, maybe today it wouldnt have mattered but the OEM in me says that I need to get the Ghost putter before I can determine that. lol. I guess in a couple weeks they should start showing up at retailers. Unless someone that already has one and isnt using it wants to send me thiers. That would be JB laughing his *** off right about now. Not gonna happen huh JB lol

Who knows, maybe today it wouldnt have mattered but the OEM in me says that I need to get the Ghost putter before I can determine that. lol. I guess in a couple weeks they should start showing up at retailers. Unless someone that already has one and isnt using it wants to send me thiers. That would be JB laughing his *** off right about now. Not gonna happen huh JB lol

Cmon now, we have a handstamped version by Kia Ma himself. hehe

Cmon now, we have a handstamped version by Kia Ma himself. hehe

Keep rubbing it in! lol

How surprised would you be if I show up with a handstamped OEM version? LOL

Shot 74 today(3 over). Had 1 birdie, 1 double, 2 bogies and 14 pars. Solid round, nothing special but real consistant. Drive was good, just couldn't do much with my good drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back