Painted my putter

clam fist

Reaction score
I painted my mallet putter white this morning. It looks good so far and I can't wait for the automotive paint to dry. I mixed in some extra hardener and used an aibrush to apply light coats of paint until it was covered.

Has anyone else tried this? Does anyone have any other diy putter modifications that they think worked out good?

Pics...Pics...We want Pics!!

I have it hanging up with a couple of wire coat hangers to dry. I didn't even think about taking a pic. I'll get one up as soon as it's dry. Well, make that after I test it on my backyard green. Watched paint dries slow.

I painted it to look like the Ghost putter by Taylormade. I checked the new posts and in honor of Justin Rose's win Taylormade is giving one to a lucky THP member. If you like that putter get over there for a chance to win it. How cooool is that!

I painted it to look like the Ghost putter by Taylormade. I checked the new posts and in honor of Justin Rose's win Taylormade is giving one to a lucky THP member. If you like that putter get over there for a chance to win it. How cooool is that!

welcome to THP clam fist! the contests here are frequent and awesome!

welcome to THP clam fist! the contests here are frequent and awesome!

Thanks for the welcome. This is my new favorite sight. I have had a great time reading the reviews and posts. I have learned a great deal too. I have been telling my buddies about THP.

Yes, we would like to see pic.s clamfist!

I enhanced one of my cheap putters with blue sharpie and whiteout, and it is a masterpiece, if I may say so myself.

I once spray-painted a stainless putter in matt-black, after getting caught by some tremendous sun-glare during a round. It looked great, and during my trial round it served its purpose and I liked the look over the ball just fine, but it came off far too easily. I haven't gotten around to putting a lasting finish on it.

Thanks for the welcome. This is my new favorite sight. I have had a great time reading the reviews and posts. I have learned a great deal too. I have been telling my buddies about THP.

like i said in another thread, there's no reason why we can't hook up one day for a round of golf. maybe we could meet in johnson city?

edit: or at sequoyah national in cherokee?

like i said in another thread, there's no reason why we can't hook up one day for a round of golf. maybe we could meet in johnson city?

You guys can't get together without me!

very glad to have you aboard clamfist! your porch meat comments have rasied quite a stir! hopefully your buddies will join to!

I haven't been to Johnson City since I left ETSU. Sounds fun. I have some family health issues I have been dealing with and this site is how I have been getting my golf fix. Besides putting on my outdoor green I have only been on the course a few times this year. If all goes well I should be free in late August. When it gets closer to then will have to start thinking about the time and exact place.

On another note, the painted putter pics will likely be up tommorrow as it is my day off.

I can't wait to see your artwork :)

Here are the pics.
putter3.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
more White Lightning Pics

more White Lightning Pics

putter3.jpg

putter4.jpg

putter1.jpg

moonshine helps your night putting

Wow. That was easy once I used photobucket. The old White Lightning putter needed to be white from the start. Know the name and color fit.

you did an excellent job there clam! i think it looks great.

see everyone? Metal Shop was a valuable course in high school! well done Clam!

I'll be completely honest that I was a little bit unsure how this was going to turn out... mostly because I am well aware how it would have turned out if I did it to one of my putters. But I have to say I am quite impressed. How did you manage such a nice/straight alignment aid?

Great job! Please update us once in a while to tell us how the new finish holds up.

Also, what was the 'before' finish on the club?

And, if you are up to it: Can you post a brief step by step 'how to' guide?

looks like a nice job
anyway i like the outcome

Back