Callaway X-24 Hot Irons Pics

These did not make it to the range today, but definitely will in the morning.

I think I'll wait for the X-26's.They're problely not that far behind.

Word is this is the last of Callaways X line.

All of them have been great cavity backs. The x-22's a terrific clubs...

awesome pics GG! i've been wanting to see these beauties so badly! can't wait to hear about them after tomorrow.

btw, beautiful clubs. I just got new ones and am drooling over these:banghead:

good luck sleeping tonight....I can see your dreams now.

That is how I felt after entering the Ghost contest...I sat in bed thinking about how awesome it would be.

These clubs look phenomenal, these photos really make the orange pop and a bit more "acceptable" to my eye. If I hadn't purchased the mizzy's earlier this season I would defintiely take these for these for a test run.

i'm pumped about THP's test drive of these beauties today!!!!

Anxiously awaiting the results n thoughts of this range session!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm pumped about THP's test drive of these beauties today!!!!

I can see Calloway now! He's chomping so hard at the bit for these new beauties he looks like he's got a mouth full of red man chewing tobacco :D

THP 1st Testing of X-24 Hot Irons

We took these out to the range this morning and luckily enough had 3 other golfers there to try them out. All 4 of us hit balls with the irons as well as our current irons. The other irons being used by golfers were X-22, CG7, MachSpeed, Burner

Looks - Everybody liked the looks of them a lot. Compared them to the finish of the CG7 BPs and it is similar. Nice dark look that screams beauty.

Feel - Subjective for sure. To me, they felt nice. Not smooth or extremely soft like others we have reviewed. But not clunky or hard like others as well. A nice feel that most would be fine iwth.

Distance - Slightly longer than all but the Burners. On par for distance with the Burners. Saw a 3 yard or so increase with them over my MachSpeeds.

Forgiveness - Very solid. Not going to save you on all mis-hits like the Diablo Edge, but comparable or better to most GI irons out there right now. Kind of a cross between the R9s we tested and the Diablo Edge. Very forgiving and very much liked.

Performance - Myself and the others hit high, low, left, and right and nobody had any problems moving the ball around. It was a little surprising actually.

Overall - These were well liked by everybody. Me in particular. I liked the X-22s a lot, but did not play them for an extended period of time (just review of about a month). Solid in all categories.

Misc - The finish does wear off rather quickly like other dark finished clubs. I actually like that quite a bit, but others may not. Here is a picture after the range session of a few golfers.

Obviously more coming as we have a chance to put them in play and get others to try them out. I know biggsy cannot wait to game these as early as this weekend.

894199171_TfDHv-L.jpg

How is the offset on these? Is it progressive? Or is it pretty much same for all of the irons? I love the dark look of these irons!

How is the offset on these? Is it progressive? Or is it pretty much same for all of the irons? I love the dark look of these irons!

That is a good question. The answer is I dont think so. Its the evolution of the X series. Similar design to that of the X-22s with a larger head and offset. It is a GI iron. To me this has more to do with having a conforming iron than anything else. Also keep in mind that the TM Burners became the #1 selling iron in the US last year and Callaway had to combat that. So this is what they came out with. A very Burner like iron. To me it is incredibly smart.

Word is this is the last of Callaways X line.

All of them have been great cavity backs. The x-22's a terrific clubs...
the x-18's were a nice set of irons also.As good or better then the x-20's imo.the x-20's were a disappointment after the x-18's for me and that's were I got off the ride.

fantastic mini review there JB. i knew that these were geared towards long, but to know that they can be somewhat workable is SWEET! i'm not so sure that they would replace the 22's for me right now, but a lot of that is a comfort factor for me. can't wait to read more.

Thanks for the review, I liked how you softly put that these are not a favorite. Sounds to me like the 22's are more your style big bro. I cant wait to hear more and also hear some fellow THPers thoughts. Thanks again JB

Thanks for the review, I liked how you softly put that these are not a favorite. Sounds to me like the 22's are more your style big bro. I cant wait to hear more and also hear some fellow THPers thoughts. Thanks again JB

Im not sure I follow "not a favorite"?

I guess after I initially read the review it sounded like you like them but that you may not game them. I may have just took it wrong. Sounds like you may prefer the 22's.

I guess after I initially read the review it sounded like you like them but that you may not game them. I may have just took it wrong. Sounds like you may prefer the 22's.

Not at all. They are here for review, so I am not sure I will have the opportunity to game them after that. We shall see.

Got ya. Well I sure did appreciate the review, I have been waiting to see pictures of these.

I'm interested to see what these look like in person. Not so sure I like the "HOT" branding on the cavity, but then again one of the big things that prompted me to get my R9's was the simple look they have.

I love how the clubs always get range tested with random golfers, that's great.

I'm interested to see what these look like in person. Not so sure I like the "HOT" branding on the cavity, but then again one of the big things that prompted me to get my R9's was the simple look they have.

I love how the clubs always get range tested with random golfers, that's great.

If you are ever in the area, you are welcome to participate. Or any one of our outings and demo days. Like the one coming up this fall that will be LOADED with 2 full days of demo days.

great review thanks as always JB

JB - did you notice the clubs being long because they just are or because of the slightly stronger lofts on the x-24's when compared to your machspeeds. I compared specs with the Machspeeds and here is what I found...

Machspeed lofts 4/23 5/26 6/29 7/33 8/37 9/41 PW/45
X 24 lofts 4/22 5/25 6/28 7/31 8/35 9/40 PW/45

I cant answer that. I wish I could. Loft plays a major role, no question. As do other things. But once I am out on the course, mental game takes over and I forget about lofts.

what about ball flight? and how were the shafts for you?

Back