Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Does anyone have an issue with bugs/insects while they're playing? We have our golf lessons from 7-8pm and they turn the halogen/football stadium lights on and that just attracts so many gnats and mosquitoes and other bugs. Without using bug spray, what can you use to help prevent bug bites?

Here in the high desert we dont have that problem, just snakes and spiders. When I lived in the midwest, the second best option was to wear long sleeve shirts and jeans. Also, try to be more cold blooded!

on certain courses with alot of stagnant water but for the most part no

I ALWAYS have that problem :angry: I spray Off every time I go out, whether it's just the range or course... I never see anyone else bothered by bugs though. Maybe it's an Asian thing... haha, but probably not.

OMG...I have major issues with insects. For some reason every bug in a mile radius seems to be attracted to me. I cover myself in Off and they still don't leave me alone. My buddies always give me a hard time because I constantly complain about the bugs when playing. Whether its on the course, at the range or chipping in the yard insects drive me INSANE. I was on the practice green tonight and I actually had to leave because the gnats were swarming around my head so much...I really, really, REALLY hate bugs...

Dont get me started GC!! Im at war right now with the horse flies. Theyre so bad I have to wear this addidas pimp like hat and then have a hand towel hang out the back. If I dont do that they attack from the back and will bite my neck up. And the pimp hat is required because they cant bite through it like a regular hat. I hate bugs!

Gnats and horse flies flat out suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the same issue in our backyard. We back up to a lake which is not good in Florida. I am like everyone else here I HATE bugs, and nature for that matter. Bug spray is the only thing I can think of to help with the bugs but I believe if they want to bite you they will, the little bastards.

I had a sun block last year that came with insect repelent in it and the stuff flat out worked. I mostly used it for the lake, but don't remember what kind it was. If it's at golf lessons on the range, get those cintrinela candles and put on the ground down wind, lol.

Bugs are always attracted to me. I keep a cheap cigar burning. It helps. I just bought a little rubber bracelet from Walgreens its treated with pesticide. I hope it works.

We have the same issue in our backyard. We back up to a lake which is not good in Florida. I am like everyone else here I HATE bugs, and nature for that matter. Bug spray is the only thing I can think of to help with the bugs but I believe if they want to bite you they will, the little bastards.
haha...you hate nature?

haha...you hate nature?

Yup, I hate it. I hate bugs, insects, all types of critters, anything that buzzes, weeds, and leaves. It's all a major pain in the arse and I hate having to take care of it. In the summer the weeds are out of control and in the winter the leaves blow everywhere. Plus with the change in season brings new more disgusting bugs that buzz and bite and drive me crazy.

hahahahaha...so I guess a THP camping trip is out of the question

Avon Skin So Soft oil. I used that all the time when I was in Missississississippi. Stuff is awesome. I use the original version, but they have a "bug guard" version now as well.

Yeah, me too. While everyone else is in a tent, I will be in the camper on my air mattress with the ac :smile:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Golf Chick said:
Yeah, me too. While everyone else is in a tent, I will be in the camper on my air mattress with the ac :smile:

Yuk- if i am within 5 miles of a car I am unhappy

Huge horse flies are on my course. The only thing you can do is take your towel and kill the thing. They just want leave you along.

Where I play, gnats are a real bother. Especially since they get right in your face. Gnats are real smart also. They always seem to know when you are putting for a birdie and manage to either get in your ear or up your nose ;). We put one of those dryer sheets under our hat and that keeps them away. Some guys actually rub their skin with the dryer sheets to keep "biting" bugs off. Not sure if it would work with horse flies?
Also the Avon Skin-So-Soft is very good.

hmmm never heard of the dryer sheet trick thanks!

Gnats are worse than ever this year. Every once in a while, you get lucky and stir up a swarm of them before your shot.

GG - Now I know why you and Erica got along so well. She hates nature as well.

Avon skin so soft, that's the name of it. Thanks! Will need a dryer sheet as well. A fresh one or a used one? Or does it make a difference?

Avon skin so soft, that's the name of it. Thanks! Will need a dryer sheet as well. A fresh one or a used one? Or does it make a difference?

Skin so soft is what you bf was mentioning should be rubbed on the inside bill of a baseball cap if you want to keep bugs out of your face. I have not tried it but I am told it works

===== QUOTE Golf Chick ====

Posted from my BlackBerry using http://www.BerryBlab.com

===== /QUOTE ====

Skin so soft is what you bf was mentioning should be rubbed on the inside bill of a baseball cap if you want to keep bugs out of your face. I have not tried it but I am told it works

See how well I listen to him :D

Back