bama

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
Could I assume these would be about equal in distance??

What would you play??

Why??

thx
Bama

It's what you hit better and fits your distance gap the best...

I have a 2 iron that is one of my strongest clubs in my bag

I get nervous saying what is equivelant.

I hit a 5 wood 225 carry an a 3h 210 carry. To many people they are the same distance but to me they aren't. Wrecks havok on my 14 club bag cause I can't drop the 5 wood, And I have a big gap if I drop the 3h or 4h. Not to mention I am afraid of taking out the 3w cause that a very useful 240-250 club.

Try some out, or hold off till the outing and make decisions then. That's my plan!

Could I assume these would be about equal in distance??

What would you play??

Why??

thx
Bama

why would you assume that? it depends, do you mean from the same manufacturer? Also, it depends on your swing. some people nail their hybrids and not their woods, and vice versa.

I love my 4 wood (3 wood at 4 wood loft). I have a sweeping swing that works well with it. I've never tried a hybrid lofted lower than 20* so I don't know how well it works. My 3 and 4 hybrids are great to me but the 4 wood is the perfect bridge for my driver to hybrid gap.

Last edited:
I stand on the right side of the ball. Pun absolutely intended.

Looking from behind, standing on the right side of the ball is definately the correct side....

I guess maybe I should have rephrased my question and asked if people played

a) 3W, 5W
b) 4W
c) other (2H, 2I, 1I) etc...

Great question Bama.

A cousin of mine who isn't as into golf asked me about a 3 wood and 3 hybrid and I was kind of stunned at how I seemed to not be able to give him a good answer.

I use a 3 wood and 3 hybrid. Along the same lines as your question, I'm wondering what kind of gap I'm leaving there. But I have no room to add clubs.

Hope you get your setup figured out. We should go play sometime!

why would you assume that? it depends, do you mean from the same manufacturer? Also, it depends on your swing. some people nail their hybrids and not their woods, and vice versa.

And some cant hit either.

you know my preference here bama, and yes, you do play from the right side of the ball.

I don't carry a fairway wood and use a 1 Hybrid 16 degree cobra for my 3 - wood.

My Hybrid set up:

1 Hybrid = 16 degree (Cobra)
3 Hybrid = 20 degree (Cobra)
4 Hybrid = 24 degree (Ping)

The old hit em at a store or golf pro shop and pick the one that suits your swing would be my answer. Good luck old buddy and look forward to seeing you again in West Palm Beach.

I tried a 2h last year, didn't like it as much as I thought I would. This yeah I purchased a 2009 Launcher FW 3 wood with 17 degrees of loft. I love this club. I don't see a distance loss from my 15 3 wood. I can hit it off the tee, fairway, and rough with confidence. I vote for the 4 wood, but it's whatever suits your game best.

I tried a 2h last year, didn't like it as much as I thought I would. This yeah I purchased a 2009 Launcher FW 3 wood with 17 degrees of loft. I love this club. I don't see a distance loss from my 15 3 wood. I can hit it off the tee, fairway, and rough with confidence. I vote for the 4 wood, but it's whatever suits your game best.

I also recently picked up the 09 Launcher 3W-HT 17 degree - abosolutely LOVE IT. Off the tee and off the deck.

Back