What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played really well today (for me) and shot an 82 (39,43). I had 15 putts (1-3 putt) on the front but 20 (3-3 putts) on the back. I three putted the last two par 5's for bogies which really stinks after playing so good all day. Oh well...I still felt like I played some great golf today. I have learned the distances with my new irons now which is making me hit better approach shots to the green. I can't tell you how much I love those Ping G15 irons!!!

You are welcome sweety :golf2:! I can tell these custom built irons are right up your alley.... I just hate to take the butt whupping you are now giving me :eek:(........

Last edited:
frikken 98...
i hit a buttload of fw's
i putted lights out
my approach shots are absolutely killing me and i have no clue what the heck im doing...
i couldnt get anywhere near a green except 1 par3 and 2 par5's
i need to figure this out cuz its really ticking me off

I read a tip today about getting rid of tension and too many technical thoughts while playing. I decided today that I would relax and quit pressing so hard. I took easy swings with the main thought being to hit down and through. I hit my irons so much better. I had a 51 on the front nine yesterday and a 39 on it today. There's something about being relaxed! Tomorrow is a new day.

frikken 98...
i hit a buttload of fw's
i putted lights out
my approach shots are absolutely killing me and i have no clue what the heck im doing...

I read a tip today about getting rid of tension and too many technical thoughts while playing. I decided today that I would relax and quit pressing so hard. I took easy swings with the main thought being to hit down and through. I hit my irons so much better. I had a 51 on the front nine yesterday and a 39 on it today. There's something about being relaxed! Tomorrow is a new day.

that makes alot of sense... especially today playing with a friend who is a bomber... everytime i see guys destroy balls i tend to start swinging out of my shoes even if im 2 teebox's up

frikken 98...
i hit a buttload of fw's
i putted lights out

Just get you a tour striker eight iron and I believe they are coming out with a wedge soon, add a driver and putter and play the entire course with those pups. That might be my entire bag for West Palm Beach ......

I know how that is! When my instructor was testing my swing speed for my club fitting, I tried to swing harder which produced a shorter shot. When I slowed it down I crushed it! I think I finally have it in my thick skull that I can hit it much better if I don't try to kill it. Another thing that has helped me with accuracy is taking a shorter back swing (my coach made me) with a really good follow through.

that makes alot of sense... especially today playing with a friend who is a bomber... everytime i see guys destroy balls i tend to start swinging out of my shoes even if im 2 teebox's up

Yesterday, played our home course and shot a 69. 14 GIR, 30 puts, 4 birdies, 2 bogeys.

TODAY, played Las Sendas which has a 145 slope rating(par 71 6900+ yrds) and is very much target golf. Started out OK with a front 9 40 and missed two birdie puts inside 8 ft. Then things went bad. Shot 8 over on the back with 2 doubles due to trying to get cute on two seperate bunker shots to tight pins and leaving it in the bunker on both. Also missed 3 makeable par putts inside 6 ft. It was the first really hot round I've played this year(it hit 110* in Mesa) so I was a bit sacked on the back 9 but still bummed I didn't keep it together better.

Off to NorCal tomorrow to visit family and get 3 rounds in over the next 5 days. Can't wait!

Don't you hate this? I played 9 holes after work and shot a 46! Why can't I put together 18 like that?

Anyway the biggest thing about that round was my driving. Something was going on. The first hole is a short par 4 and I usually play a driver, 37* niblick for it. I par this one a lot. But this time I my niblick shot was way way past the green. What is the drive or an amazing niblck shot?

Next few holes were normal then I got to the first par 5- 460 yards. My drive was way way beyond where I normally am. It was a dogleg so hard to be exact, but it looked like I hit nearly 260 yards. Now there is water protecting the green on that one so I used a 42 Niblck to get it up in front of the water then a 60* wedge to put it on the green. One good put and I had a birdy on a par 5! Pretty unusual for me. On the second par 5, which is a straight 480, I drove the ball 270 yards!~ My second shot with the 4 wood I have been trying put me on the fringe of the green. I couldn't believe it. I messed up the bump shot onto the green and then 3 putted for a bogey- but still that appeared to be the longest drive I have ever hit.

When I got home I used google earth to double check and sure enough, both those drives were at least 260 yards and straight down the pipe. My usual drive has been stuck at around 220 for years. Now I have to try and remember exactly what I was doing differently to get that kind of jump in perfomance!

Shot an 88 yesterday and was happy about it, lol. My game has done some crazy things since just before the mw tournament. I was consistantly playng in the low to mid 80's, with the occasional high 70's round and suddenly couldn't put anything together. But this has been a different type of year anyway. I decided to put my game to a different test and play lots of courses rather than the same few everytime. My home course has a very low slope rating and I got an eye openner playing everything from a 125 to 137 slope courses. You certainly don't get to take those drives on a 130+ course for granted like back home where you can still make par from another fairway, lol.

It was nice to get back home and play, if nothing else just for the confedence. I hit 8 fairways and 8 greens, which wasn't too bad for me right now. I had four birdie putts inside 10 feet on the front 9 and missed all of them. That's the part that's really killing my game. Chipping and putting has always been my strength and it's really letting me down. I burnt the edges all day long and two putted almost every hole. Only two 1 putts on the day and those were from close chips. The funny part is that I hit some of the sweetest shots ever and then turn around and blow an easy gir for no reason. Crazy game!

Shot 88 at a tournament from the TIPS! Came in 12th and I'm really happy about it.

nice job clay!

Your game sounds just like mine. Potential for a good score if only I could putt! I am determined to improve in this area. I played with a girl yesterday who had only 28 putts during her round (she usually averages about 32). We tied in score but I had 35 putts. I was hitting the ball better but she was smoking me on the putting surface. Drive for show, putt for dough! Of course, my golf coach reminded me that chipping close will make you putt less too. Come on Due - we can do better!!! Let's practice our chipping and putting!

Shot an 88 yesterday and was happy about it, lol. My game has done some crazy things since just before the mw tournament. I was consistantly playng in the low to mid 80's, with the occasional high 70's round and suddenly couldn't put anything together. But this has been a different type of year anyway. I decided to put my game to a different test and play lots of courses rather than the same few everytime. My home course has a very low slope rating and I got an eye openner playing everything from a 125 to 137 slope courses. You certainly don't get to take those drives on a 130+ course for granted like back home where you can still make par from another fairway, lol.

It was nice to get back home and play, if nothing else just for the confedence. I hit 8 fairways and 8 greens, which wasn't too bad for me right now. I had four birdie putts inside 10 feet on the front 9 and missed all of them. That's the part that's really killing my game. Chipping and putting has always been my strength and it's really letting me down. I burnt the edges all day long and two putted almost every hole. Only two 1 putts on the day and those were from close chips. The funny part is that I hit some of the sweetest shots ever and then turn around and blow an easy gir for no reason. Crazy game!

Your game sounds just like mine. Potential for a good score if only I could putt! I am determined to improve in this area. I played with a girl yesterday who had only 28 putts during her round (she usually averages about 32). We tied in score but I had 35 putts. I was hitting the ball better but she was smoking me on the putting surface. Drive for show, putt for dough! Of course, my golf coach reminded me that chipping close will make you putt less too. Come on Due - we can do better!!! Let's practice our chipping and putting!

Your on Kellybo. I ended last year and started this year chipping lights out, but it was all feel. I really never practiced that part of the game much. Now that "The feel" is gone it's time to practice, haha. I've been watching and it looks like your game is really coming on. Has me thinking a new set of lessons could be the ticket.

Your on Kellybo. I ended last year and started this year chipping lights out, but it was all feel. I really never practiced that part of the game much. Now that "The feel" is gone it's time to practice, haha. I've been watching and it looks like your game is really coming on. Has me thinking a new set of lessons could be the ticket.

duey, you have to remind yourself that you've just come out of the midwest winter slumber as well. your feel will come back soon enough, it just takes getting out there. i know you've been frustrated as of late but hang in there buddy, i'm rooting for ya!

Glad to hear you are happier with your game Duey.. keep it up!!!

duey, you have to remind yourself that you've just come out of the midwest winter slumber as well. your feel will come back soon enough, it just takes getting out there. i know you've been frustrated as of late but hang in there buddy, i'm rooting for ya!

Glad to hear you are happier with your game Duey.. keep it up!!!

Thanks guy's, it's getting a bit frustrating, mostly because I've been on some very nice tracts and not playing them well. A bit of practice rather than going straight to the course should have me back in line. I have an outing coming up the 22nd on a very private course with some buddies, so my game had better hook up, lol. From what I hear this place takes no prisoners. They are supplying a caddy, so I may have to let him play and I'll do his job, lmao.

Thanks guy's, it's getting a bit frustrating, mostly because I've been on some very nice tracts and not playing them well. A bit of practice rather than going straight to the course should have me back in line. I have an outing coming up the 22nd on a very private course with some buddies, so my game had better hook up, lol. From what I hear this place takes no prisoners. They are supplying a caddy, so I may have to let him play and I'll do his job, lmao.

Sounds like my round this comming weekend. A former private course that just has gone public. It is a course where if you hit it off the fairway you are OB so I gotta be good or kiss a bunch of golf balls and my luck with good scoring lately out the window. I seem to like to play these challanging courses, guess it helps me focus and play smarter. Also should prepare me for Florida and those crazy courses.

Good luck out there WR. Funny how a person can sometimes focus on those tough courses better and shoot good golf.

I just want to survive Duey :laughing: You mentioned slope before... this course's rating is 145!!

I just want to survive Duey :laughing: You mentioned slope before... this course's rating is 145!!

I know what you mean. This course: http://www.flinthillsnational.com/ show's it has a 142 slope from the tips I guess. I can only hope we play from the red's, haha. I won a trip for four golfers here during a tournament last year. One of our party has played it before and thinks its about as nice a course as he's ever seen. we'll have fun, drink some beer and heckle each other, lol.

Just get you a tour striker eight iron and I believe they are coming out with a wedge soon, add a driver and putter and play the entire course with those pups. That might be my entire bag for West Palm Beach ......
can i get it in a 6i? driver 6i and putter... hahaha
I know how that is! When my instructor was testing my swing speed for my club fitting, I tried to swing harder which produced a shorter shot. When I slowed it down I crushed it! I think I finally have it in my thick skull that I can hit it much better if I don't try to kill it. Another thing that has helped me with accuracy is taking a shorter back swing (my coach made me) with a really good follow through.

yeah over swinging is one of my flaws... hahaha... but the once every so often i connect... wooo boy... lol

i played 27 today... dunno why... but hey... i love the game even tho im not playing the way i know i should right now...

front 9 = 50
back 9 = 46
back 9 again = 44
once again the teebox didnt leave me in too bad of spots today
my approach shots pffffft... im dialing in the distance(most of the time) but the direction is everywhere but the greens
chipping was hot and cold... even had one go in
putting wasnt as good as usual(had a 3 putt)
lost 2 balls and had to drop another due to an unplayable
at least the 9's got better and better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back