Adams Idea Super Black Hybrid Review

Wow, were you trying to test the forgiveness of that thing? One of those looks like it barely made contact with the club.

As mentioned, when you have 20 people hit the club from all different handicap levels, you are bound to get some errant shots. You are welcome to try out tons of stuff at our next outing.

In Florida? I am 16 and I live in north Alabama. You can buy the plane ticket lol

I don't think I've seen a 15 degree hybrid before. The question is, are the distance gains due to stronger lofts and longer shafts? For instance, my TEE XCG-3 hybrid 3H is 18 degrees with a 40 inch shaft. Is the claim that the 19 degree 41 inch shaft Adams Super Black hybrid will go further? How did you determine distance gains? Did the testers' original hybrids have the same lofts? anyway, if they're saying the 17 degree 41.75 inch shaft Super Black will go further, that's not a real distance gain in my book. It just means I'm hitting a 3 hybrid and Adams is hitting a 2.5 or 2 hybrid.

the only mitigating factor is if the claim is that the 17 degree 41.75 shaft hybrid is easier to hit than my 18 degree 3 hybrid. Then the claims make a little more (but not much more) sense.

I don't think I've seen a 15 degree hybrid before. The question is, are the distance gains due to stronger lofts and longer shafts? For instance, my TEE XCG-3 hybrid 3H is 18 degrees with a 40 inch shaft. Is the claim that the 19 degree 41 inch shaft Adams Super Black hybrid will go further? How did you determine distance gains? Did the testers' original hybrids have the same lofts? anyway, if they're saying the 17 degree 41.75 inch shaft Super Black will go further, that's not a real distance gain in my book. It just means I'm hitting a 3 hybrid and Adams is hitting a 2.5 or 2 hybrid.

the only mitigating factor is if the claim is that the 17 degree 41.75 shaft hybrid is easier to hit than my 18 degree 3 hybrid. Then the claims make a little more (but not much more) sense.

That's a lot of numbers

Great review JB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome review! i would love to give one of these a test run. i have to be honest, i'm loving the direction that adams is going with their styling of their clubs. i think that what's new from adams in 2010 may be some of the best looking stuff on the market, and it certainly doesn't hurt that it performs as well! this is one gorgeous looking hybrid. any chance you might be able to have one to demo at the fall outing?

awesome review! i would love to give one of these a test run. i have to be honest, i'm loving the direction that adams is going with their styling of their clubs. i think that what's new from adams in 2010 may be some of the best looking stuff on the market, and it certainly doesn't hurt that it performs as well! this is one gorgeous looking hybrid. any chance you might be able to have one in lefty to demo at the fall outing?

Of course there will be one to demo. You just didnt ask the right question. FIFY.

Of course there will be one to demo. You just didnt ask the right question. FIFY.

ah, thanks OEM! i love how you catch things like that.

When comparing hybrid distances we always make sure that the lofts matchup or are within 1 degree. As for shaft length, that is up to a company. However if dispersion suffers do to shaft length than other problems exist.

It is no different than a company saying they have the lost driver...Or a company like TEE advertsing 20 more yards guaranteed. Absurdity clearly and we prove that in our driver shoot out.

All of our distances compared are with in 1 degree.

another great review!

I had a chance to hit this club several times. Here are my thoughts.

1. Prettiest hybrid on the market right now with a very clean top side with nothing distracting to the eye. Several new hybrids have a lot going on with the top of club and that's not something I am real crazy about.

2. Finish on the face holds up nicely.

3. Solid hybrid that was easy to hit from rough, fairway and tee box conditions.

4. My only issue with this club was the shaft, but I have that issue a lot. I gave this hybrid a very fair test drive and really liked it, I just could not go after it or I could not control the shot.

Adams knows hybrids and it shows with this club. Great little club that everyone should try if you are in the market for a new hybrid.

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone had a chance to try out the 15* hybrid - would like to know how it compares to a similarly lofted FW in terms of distance.

Thanks

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone had a chance to try out the 15* hybrid - would like to know how it compares to a similarly lofted FW in terms of distance.

Thanks

Unfortunately they only sent this one to us.

Another fine review, JB!! Generally, did the Super Black have a higher or lower trajectory than the DST? Thanks.

Another fine review, JB!! Generally, did the Super Black have a higher or lower trajectory than the DST? Thanks.

Trajectory was very similar. Mid to high launch. For me anyway.

Thanks JB!! I'm in the market for a 3-hybrid with a high trajectory. I tend to hit balls low with every club in my bag, so stopping them on the green is key for me.

I hit the new super 3H and my A7 3H on a launch monitor to compare at the store. I was getting ~10 extra yards on the new super hybrid. Not sure how much of that was the longer shaft but for me the dispersion on the new super hybrid was also better. Bought a 17 degree and am thinking about the 21. Haven't been able to find a 21 degree yet

For those that who have hit the Super, do you swing it as an iron or a wood...descending blow or ascending blow?

Thanks.

For those that who have hit the Super, do you swing it as an iron or a wood...descending blow or ascending blow?

Thanks.

As with all hybrids, I swing them the same as an iron.

Thanks for the feedback. So the big question, does it replace the Launcher DST?

I tried the Super Hybrid out (19*) and must say I was really impressed. The review on THP was right one target. I loved the shape, set up and sound of this club. I was striking it pretty well. It was not difficult to get used to at all for me. The sound it made at impact made you beleive this ball was taking off and going somewhere. I brought my PING G15 Hybrid 20* to try out as comparision. What I found was odd to me in that I was hitting the G15 about 10 yards longer than the Adams on the simulator. Not sure why, perhaps it was famiarity with the PING, but I want sooo badly to hit the Adams better. I will probably go back two more times to see if I get the same results. The Adams was very easy to hit and if I get two or three sessions with great stats, I will get one. I would probably get the 21*. But it was a great club and if you get a chance to wing it swing it.

Back