A Challenger Approaches....

RxGus

Argyle Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
Welcome to the MAIN EVENT!

Today marks a great day in the history of RxGolf! The arrival of a new challenger to the coveted 'champion of the bag', the 'soul of the game', the 'master of all clubs'. The Kia Ma- Monte Carlo appears to claim its rightful place in the Ogio Grom. But wait! The Odyssey Sabertooth already holds the sacred title of RxGus' go-to putter.

Let's get ready to ROOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!

*Ding Ding Ding*

In this corner we have the full sized mallet, prized for its High MOI and butter soft insert. Masterfully retooled last year to provide exceedingly soft contact and superior distance control over its predecessor. It's fierce teeth striking fear into the heart of every putt under 10ft. Voted #1 in the THP readers awards for 2009.... THE one. The only. White Ice Sabertooth!
IMG_0241.jpg

And in the Black corner- I am pleased to present, for the first time in the RxHousehold, the black knight of the green.... Its glassy black face is the very thing that inspired cavemen to paint on walls. It's legendary feel imbues the confidence to power through 25 ft putts. THE special milled, special made, and rightful heir to the Ogio throne... KIA MA!!!
IMG_0249.jpg

This is shaping up to be one epic brawl folks. Hold on to your hats because.... Wait! What is this?! Another Challenger approaches!!!

It is none-other than the once defeated champion m3! I would recognize that red dot anywhere! Once the king of the Grom he faded into obscurity because of a hard push right- be he comes out of retirement to challenge again. His brothern have won the hearts and minds of many in these parts and he will not be content with being second best any longer.
m3_large.jpg

We have never had a three way cage match in the RxGus arena. No rules exist. This will be a no holds bar exposé of putting prowess. A daft and determining demonstration of deft defying distance control! May the best flatstick earn their spot in the coveted sig!

BUTTTTT... before the bell a quick word from our sponsors

THP- The no.1 source for golf news & equipment

Taylormade- Where innovation wins

Closed captioning supported in part by:
Seth0- The man, the myth, the (launch monitor) legend!

***DING DING DING***
AND THEIR OFF....

hahaha! that was fantastic! good luck with your epic battle.

can I get some of what your smoking? lol...

I have some paint left over from my White Lightning. The White Ice is screaming for it. I think I am possesed/ obsessed by that Taylormade Ghost.

Great stuff Gus.

HAHAHA! That was a good read and a great laugh! Good luck with the match, may the best stick win!

I am posting to subscribe to the thread. No matter how nice a putter I might buy or win, it would not make it into my bag without a carpet puttoff either! I look forward to the updates. Have fun RxGus!

rotflmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck Gus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol great stuff rx! enjoy the battle of the putters and may the best flat stick win!

very cool RX! Keep us posted with round by round scores.

Nicely done! I'll play some Eye of the Tiger for you.

haha, great thread! Can't wait to see who comes out on top. You have 3 great putters there.

that was hilarious. Good stuff

Great thread Gus! Nice of you to acknowledge THP, TaylorMade and Seth (who is a class act, no doubt :thumb:).

May the best putter win.

Brilliant presentation!

I actually heard the bell ring reading this... :D

Quest for the SIG, Episode 1. The Roll-Off (originally aired June 8th 2010)

Welcome Folks to tonight’s main event. It is the first major test in this “Roll-yal Rumble” © known as ….

THE QUEST FOR THE SIG

There is an anxious energy in the crowd tonight. Who will advance to the all important 1v1 challenge next episode at Yahara Hills GC? But first, we have some breaking news from the competition. The dark-horse candidate, Seemore m3, has been placed on the 30 day disabled list for a pulled hammy (“He pulled a hamstring… pulled it right off!” anyone? anyone?) The judges have preserved his eligibility for this contest but he won’t be available in the RX arena until he can be retrieved from rehab in Ohio (read: storage). That leaves us with just two competitors in tonight’s primary event, the hallway roll-off. Let’s take a look at the format!

Event #1: Hallway Roll-Off
Stakes: A place in the One v One contest at Yahara Hills CG
Format: 5 flights of 5 putts, alternating competitors
Conditions: Native hardwood floor; resurfaced with a thin carpet layer in the mid 70s
Target: Bleached spot on the molding
Challenges: Uneven floorboards; Neighbors who do not appreciate consistent thuds against the molding of communal walls

Sabertooth has won the toss and elected to defer until the second half

“I would like to direct your attention to the south entrance. For the first time in the RxArena… The challenger. Operating under the tag line ‘Once you roll black, you’ll never go back” He’s soft! He’s Milled! He is the… KIA MA MONTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEE CAARRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLO “

KM nervously steps up to the line. The crowd falls silent (expect for the muffled drones of ESPN sports center from the downstairs apartment). This will be his first public stroke and could set the tone for the entire competition. He takes a slow deliberate back swing and moves forward…. There is a clear, crisp, “tick”. The sound echoes through the arena… and the ball is off! It is tracking straight at the target. It’s looking good. It could be!!! It could be!!! OH! Deflected at the last second by a warped floor board! A dull thud fills a hushed arena as the ball strikes the molding. The crowd’s attention turns to the judges… How will they rule it? It looks like they will... accept it!
“GOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL LO LO LO LO LO LO LO LO LO LO OOOLLLLLL”

As KM finishes up his set lets go to Rachel in the crowd. “Erin, what is the initial reaction from the gallery?” ”Thanks Tom, in general the feedback I am getting from the crowd is positive. The most common comments are that the sound was richer than expected and really filled this apartment with a nice crisp tone. However, I think more was expected in the feel department than the initial presentation. It seems as though the crowd is willing to chalk that one up to the top-flights being used in this contest. Back to you Tom!”

Final tally for the KM 4-0-1 on five putts.

ST steps up to the line. He is a regular on this track and hoping to use his local knowledge to keep his spot in the bag for the Yahara Hills outing! He steps to the line… a slow back swing and contact. “Thunk”. His once praised sound seems muted in comparison to the KM before him. The ball is rolling pure though and surprisingly there is little difference in the feel of his insert. Conventional wisdom had him conceding feel to the milled face but that doesn’t appear to be the case. An interesting turn for the defending champion! He finishes his flight for a final total of 4-1-0.

As the round progress two things have become very evident. The competition is close, and the neighbors are easily annoyed.

The final score tonight.
KM 20-2-3
ST 20-4-1

The winner, based on tie breaker criteria… is KIA MA!!!! Tune in tomorrow for the results of the Yahara Hills challenge. Rachel, care to recap the competition?

‘Thanks Tom- Tonight was a solid battle between two even competitors. Both showed supreme accuracy overall but the ST was hurt by some awkward take-aways and bigger misses than the competition. The KM preformed admirably in his first appearance and ultimately earned the right for the first true challenge of this competition. He will compete against THE BOSS tomorrow at Yahara Hills… his owners reputation hanging in the balance.’

This is Rachel Nicoles, signing off for ESPN.

lol great stuff rx!

that is definitely entertaining gussy. I am going to go though the same process when the ghost gets delivered.

Thanks guys! I am having a lot of fun with this (if you couldn't tell)

Looks like it should be a great bout!!!

What a great bout Gus! That was fun to read.

Maybe I missed it - did the M3 get disqualified somehow? PEDs again?

Gus this is just hoot to read! I was laughing to whole way through. Hope that KM just drains them for you today!

Back