Callaway X-24 Hot Irons Pics

what about ball flight? and how were the shafts for you?

Ball flight was high, but still had a penetrating look to them. Not as high as the Diablo Edges. Similar to my R9s. The shafts are uniflex and I have never had an issue with them.

The shafts are uniflex and I have never had an issue with them.

I have never understood how, in an age where shafts are meaning so much more to the average consumer, that calloway can get away with uniflex shafts. If people are so concerned about getting the right flex on a driver shouldn't that translate into people wanting to get the right flex for their irons too? I would ber very leary going to a uniflex shaft from a stiff.

I have never understood how, in an age where shafts are meaning so much more to the average consumer, that calloway can get away with uniflex shafts. If people are so concerned about getting the right flex on a driver shouldn't that translate into people wanting to get the right flex for their irons too? I would ber very leary going to a uniflex shaft from a stiff.

I was as well. But the VectorX does not lie for me. With my swing what it is, I have had no problems with any of the numbers or ball flight. I think part of it is because most golfers seem to be playing a shaft that is too stiff anyway.

i didn't notice that much of a difference from the uniflex and a stiff.
maybe if i played regular shafts i'd of noticed a difference.
that's just my observation
try em before you make a decision on their worth

i've been playing the uniflexes in my 22's and know that i need something stiffer. that being said they are good shafts. they feel great and i won't complain too much about them. the only thing for me is that i get them high and i believe that a stiffer shaft will help lower my ball flight a bit.

Mr. Calloway I think a stiff heavier shaft will definitely fit a young strong buck like yourself lower that ball flight. I hope you get to try some new iron shafts soon. I would love to try one of those fancy new shafts ( Miyazaki I think?) you guys all rave about in my R9. I love the Graphite Design in my R9, however,,,,, it would be fun to see what else is out there. Technology is a good thing huh????

gray you get the X-24's yet??????????

I was as well. But the VectorX does not lie for me. With my swing what it is, I have had no problems with any of the numbers or ball flight. I think part of it is because most golfers seem to be playing a shaft that is too stiff anyway.

real good point! I have watched two guys switch to nippon 950 regs this season.. one a former playing pro in his late 50's and the other a former two time all-american at a Div 1 school... both are very pleased with the results and get it around very well.. usually around par.. I'd gone to regs in DGsl's last year in my Burners and hit them well.. thought the nippons would be slightly softer (which they are).. but both these guys are a club longer than me with their irons.. we all play mx-300's

I'll say it again, these sure are pretty irons.

I do for Friday, but that is a whole different kind of deadline.

i hope biggsy gets a chance to hit these a bit, i would also like to hear his feedback. i don't know why i care so much when i think about, i'm probably not ever getting these, the orange just doesn't fit my taste at all. it's important to me to have a golf club that i like the look of.

i hope biggsy gets a chance to hit these a bit, i would also like to hear his feedback. i don't know why i care so much when i think about, i'm probably not ever getting these, the orange just doesn't fit my taste at all. it's important to me to have a golf club that i like the look of.

Nothing a little paint can't fix. :D

wow I love that finish.

What are your thoughts on them wearing Dent? I think you had said previously you did not like wear. Not sure though.

What are your thoughts on them wearing Dent? I think you had said previously you did not like wear. Not sure though.

To be honest, I do get really aggrivated by wearing clubs. Raggety looking clubs is not really my thing.

I have a feeling these do look like the type of finish that will wear. Not sure what it is coated with, but it looks pretty shiney. Almost looks like something that will wear off. If they can make it like typical silvere-d iron finish that doesn't wear, props to them.

To be honest, I do get really aggrivated by wearing clubs. Raggety looking clubs is not really my thing.

I have a feeling these do look like the type of finish that will wear. Not sure what it is coated with, but it looks pretty shiney. Almost looks like something that will wear off. If they can make it like typical silvere-d iron finish that doesn't wear, props to them.

Click this link and go half way down the page. Picture of wear after use and my initial thoughts.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?11909-Callaway-X-24-Hot-Irons-Pics/page3

gray you get the X-24's yet??????????

Nope.... I had to get my wife set up with her new sticks. She loves her new Ping G15's and I'm glad she does. I have two sets of Cobra irons and one set of Nickent irons so I am pretty well set.....
Hey maybe Rickie Fowler should get some to go with his orange outfit!

They are great looking irons. Love the Orange. They look like they are for the Oriental Market. Very colorful.

ok OEM, i know you've been demo'ing these like nobody's business, what are your thoughts? when are they going in the bag? and when can we see some pics.....lol

ok OEM, i know you've been demo'ing these like nobody's business, what are your thoughts? when are they going in the bag? and when can we see some pics.....lol

Well from what I read JB seems to think theyre pretty darn nice and I do as well. Im seeing some distance gains, high ball flight but still penetrating too. I did the fitting and I was nailing the 6 iron on the sweet spot and did it feel sweet! Got a nice 170 out of it. Im going to stop by this weekend and it may happen then. Im also looking at the Adams Superhydrid which would match the X-24's nicely. And of course pics would come soon after!!

Back