NHL '09-'10 Season

anybody in 7! I want to see as much hockey as possible!

But thats what you dont get, in the NHL, thats considered clean. In many leagues thats considered clean. Any other tactic and byfuglien would stand there all day and get goal after goal after goal. The man is a silo. You dont move those beasts gently

What I don't get? Your on an awfully high horse there champ.. You can tell me it happens until your face is blue, but I'm going to counter with the fact that it is directly against the rules, as there is an absolute definition in the rulebook that states you can not cross check another player. The first statement I made regarding this issue, was that Buff got a penalty for slashing a stick, whereas Pronger didn't get a penalty for cross checking him countless times, and Gagne didn't get a penalty for grabbing and throwing a stick. I was talking about how ridiculous the series is being called, and that I believe the cross check was just another penalty that should have been called before the stick slash. And for the record, if it was in fact 'clean' in the NHL, it would be in the rulebook.

I'll be happy to continue this, but do me a favour, and leave out the condescending crap. I'm not doing it to you, so there is really no need to give it to me.

ok...I will be the first to admit...some philly fans can be total and complete a-holes...but that is the exception and not the rule. really...

What I don't get? Your on an awfully high horse there champ.. You can tell me it happens until your face is blue, but I'm going to counter with the fact that it is directly against the rules, as there is an absolute definition in the rulebook that states you can not cross check another player. The first statement I made regarding this issue, was that Buff got a penalty for slashing a stick, whereas Pronger didn't get a penalty for cross checking him countless times, and Gagne didn't get a penalty for grabbing and throwing a stick. I was talking about how ridiculous the series is being called, and that I believe the cross check was just another penalty that should have been called before the stick slash. And for the record, if it was in fact 'clean' in the NHL, it would be in the rulebook.

I'll be happy to continue this, but do me a favour, and leave out the condescending crap. I'm not doing it to you, so there is really no need to give it to me.

Thats not what my initial sentence was meant to come across as. I see your point, and after rereading it, I apologize it came out that way. The officiating in this series has been a little patchy throughout the series. But if it was THAT huge of a problem, and THAT many people think its as wrong as you do, wouldnt the NHL have told the refs to start calling it? It has happened before, and it will happen again.

no doubt every city has horrible fans and great fans. sadly we only hear about the a-holes!

ok...I will be the first to admit...some philly fans can be total and complete a-holes...but that is the exception and not the rule. really...

Thats not what my initial sentence was meant to come across as. I see your point, and after rereading it, I apologize it came out that way. The officiating in this series has been a little patchy throughout the series. But if it was THAT huge of a problem, and THAT many people think its as wrong as you do, wouldnt the NHL have told the refs to start calling it? It has happened before, and it will happen again.

haha it's cool man, I just didn't want it to go down that road!

I do think patchy reffing has been a bit of a disease in the NHL these past couple years, and I get that with the additional obstruction calls being made in the "new" NHL it makes it twice as hard for refs. Is it ridiculous to allow linesmen to make calls? I feel like that will slow the game down, but I have two problems with the NHL in its' current structure. 1- I don't think they have done a very good job calling all the penalties that need to be called, and mostly only the obvious ones (like a stick breaking). 2- those penalties are affecting the outcomes of games... Buff's 'slash' cost them a lead in a very important game, after a couple pretty obvious missed calls the other way.

Oh well. I suppose it's an endless rant about quality of reffing, and no matter what they do, someone is going to be annoyed by it.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-718305860-12.jpg

Has anyone seen this yet?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Chicago-Tribune-would-like-you-to-meet-Chrissy-?urn=nhl,246557

haha yeah I just saw that the other day. Awesome!

I'm surprised it doesn't have a photo of his wife wearing the pants in there as well. I hear she's a real piece of work.

That does nothing but fire the team up. Why would you want to do that? This will make chicago look stupid if philly wins

That does nothing but fire the team up. Why would you want to do that? This will make chicago look stupid WHEN philly wins

Fixed it for you

great game so far

lol Philly gets the tying goal with only 4 min left and its off Hossa skate! the man is cursed!

I'd really like to see Philly win this.. I still think Chicago wins it, I just think the crowd here may be a bit hostile to a Cup winner tonight..

man Philly has been on their ass these last 6-7 min. almost like Chitown went into the dreaded prevent defense

oh man that was Hossa's chance for redemption!

Whoohoo! Go Chicago! 3s a charm for Hossa! :twist:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Right on Chicago.

Too bad the fans at the rink had to be a-holes and boo Betty and the cup, as well as Toews getting the CS. Not cool at all.

They're still booing even with the cup out!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Thank God! :egyptian:
Stay classy Philly...

Back