SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
I had to send my irons back to TM again :at-wits-end: I am starting to get very angry with TM. These irons feel great, but they keep on breaking on me. The first time it was the inserts popping out and now it is the heads separating from the shaft. I think I am going to be in the market for a new set of irons pretty soon.

Mini-rant over.

Edit: They make awesome products. Both Kia Ma putters I have owned have been top notch. I also love LOVE my R9 460 and all my other TM equipment. They have been very generous to me and this site and I still support them as a company, but sending back a set of irons twice is really starting to stand on a nerve.

Yikes, sorry to hear that. Just got my R9 irons recently.. Are these issues common?

Yowsers... that sucks. I hope they get something figured out for you since you've said many times how much you like them.

Yikes, sorry to hear that. Just got my R9 irons recently.. Are these issues common?

I don't think they are common at all. I am just unlucky. They are fantastic irons except for me haha.

The badges were common with very early releases, but I have not heard anything about the head issues.

So sorry seth. Hopefully it works out well. They are great irons.

Im sure its been asked already, but....

Spoiler
Did wrapping them around a launch monitor affect playability?

That's a bummer...I hope when you get your clubs back they'll be good as new :)

Are they repairing it for you or replacing it?

Stop swinging them on the concrete Seth!!!!! just kidding, I hope it works out for you.

Yowsers... that sucks. I hope they get something figured out for you since you've said many times how much you like them.

They are awesome except for what is wrong with MY set. I can't argue with the feel and the forgiveness, but the breaking does get annoying.

Sorry to hear about this SethO, I hope they get it taken care of for you.

That is unfortunate that you've had so many problems. I love my R9's and have yet to have a single problem with them. I think you just got the one bad set out of the masses that are out there. :sad:

So sorry seth. Hopefully it works out well. They are great irons.

Im sure its been asked already, but....

Spoiler
Did wrapping them around a launch monitor affect playability?

haha. Well, it didn't help haha. (There is a story behind me and launch monitors for all the new people reading this).

That is unfortunate that you've had so many problems. I love my R9's and have yet to have a single problem with them. I think you just got the one bad set out of the masses that are out there. :sad:

This is the second set that I have been through. I think I am just super unlucky. The chances of getting two bum sets are very slim.

TM has taken care of me before and they have great customer service. They do stand behind their products and I am confidant they will take care of this current situation. Whether or not I game them after this will be all about the mental side of it for me. I am a head case haha.

TM has taken care of me before and they have great customer service. They do stand behind their products and I am confidant they will take care of this current situation. Whether or not I game them after this will be all about the mental side of it for me. I am a head case haha.

You know that you're supposed to hit the ball with the shiny metal side, and not the black plastic side, right?

Hope it works out for ya!

You know that you're supposed to hit the ball with the shiny metal side, and not the black plastic side, right?

Hope it works out for ya!

Oh man! That is why they looked at me funny when I got a left handed set.

Update: TM is going to send me a new set of my choice. Suggestions? Perhaps the burner TP?

Wow, a whole complete set? That's awesome :clapp:

Oh man! That is why they looked at me funny when I got a left handed set.

Update: TM is going to send me a new set of my choice. Suggestions? Perhaps the burner TP?

Get the R9s again Seth. We have played together and they fit your game nicely. Why change what you have been working with. Why go to something that has a different shape, feel, and offset amount.

Get the R9s again Seth. We have played together and they fit your game nicely. Why change what you have been working with. Why go to something that has a different shape, feel, and offset amount.

That is a good point. I just might have to get over this and trust that the 3rd set will be wonderful.

That's a bummer Seth. You should send them a pic of the X24's and say 'these are my next irons if you don't do right by me again'

That's a bummer Seth. You should send them a pic of the X24's and say 'these are my next irons if you don't do right by me again'

haha. I have thought about that actually, but the offset on the X24 irons is huge.

3s a charm :wink: So hopefully your new set will be flawless :)

Wow Seth that really sucks, but what about TM getting you a completely new set! That is awesome. Good on TM! I hope those new R9s last this time for ya!

haha. I have thought about that actually, but the offset on the X24 irons is huge.

The offset would not affect you at all.

TM is going to send me a new set of my choice. Suggestions? Perhaps the burner TP?

Maybe you could have them send you 9 different xFT wedges and call it even?

Back