yep right up there with porch meat!

we need a designated thp sherlock holmes
Sherlock Holmes = Sunday_Hacker... SH!

ok will the real slim shady please stand up please stand up!

ok will the real slim shady please stand up please stand up!

If it is who I think it is, they've been away from home and haven't been around the forum for a little while.

cue some twilight zone music... hahaha

or the Jeopardy theme!

jeopardy.jpg

Hah! Here I thought Esox was being vague because he was going to discuss my actual game. I was in Chicago celebrating a college reunion and then meeting up with my sisters. In between, the Esoxes were kind enough to drive down to play golf with me.

Esox is downplaying just what a great guy he is. It wasn't just any suburban Chicago course. As close as we could figure, it was the course my Dad played when I was a kid. And the restaurant was my family's favorite. The entire day made me feel really close to my Dad.

Esox is as generous in person as you think. He just sounds more Wisconsin-y out loud. Junior Lancer has serious game, and Mrs. Esox is a doll. I'm not sure how I'd feel in her shoes; she's great.

Lovely, lovely day. Some time, we'll have to finish that round.

awesome! I thought it might be you since you were not around. that is so cool the two of you got to play golf together. two lefties having a good time that is so neat I am very happy for both of you! you are two of my favorite forum members! great story!

That was you? LOL. It was great. We'll do it again sometime.

Kevin

Glad you had a good time Esox! There is nothing better than playing a round with a THP'r. We should organize a Illinois/Wisonsin get-together one of these days. There are a decent number of us in the area.

green bay representing! i want to play northern bay, which is a replica course in wisconsin dells!

sounded like a great time claire!

mystery solved... now on to the porch beef caper

Looks like we were right Smallie.

Oh, it was. Conveniently, no one brought a camera.

I had one in the car, but left it because I couldn't get comfortable in the fancy Jacques Penne shirt I bought specifically for the day. Too clingy and it wouldn't stay tucked in.

Kevin

I had one in the car, but left it because I couldn't get comfortable in the fancy Jacques Penne shirt I bought specifically for the day. Too clingy and it wouldn't stay tucked in.

Kevin

SO FANCY!!!! i like to shop there after i eat some fried chicken from beau-hangles!

Glad you had a good time Esox! There is nothing better than playing a round with a THP'r. We should organize a Illinois/Wisonsin get-together one of these days. There are a decent number of us in the area.

I would have to 2nd this!! Lots of great courses in SE WI to play.

Its great to hear that some more THP's got together and had a great time!

Glad you guys had a great time! You may be reluctant to tell (and I would understand), but what course did you play?

Glad you guys had a great time! You may be reluctant to tell (and I would understand), but what course did you play?

Wilmette Golf Club. Nice little course. Kind of spongy greens, but they rolled okay. Not real tight, but tree lined fairways. Nice newer clubhouse as the last one reportedly burned down. Decent range if you don't mind mats. I had read in some reviews that it can be really slow on the weekend, but we played the first nine in just over two hours. I liked it. I played the back tees from 6,400 yards. They say it plays like 7,000, but it doesn't. At least the 14 holes we got in before the rain played like 6,400.

They were really nice an accommodating. Non-residents can only set tee times six days in advance, but when I called and explained Claire was coming from back East, and her Dad used to/may have played the course when she was a kid, they let me set a time early. I thought that was really cool of them. The pro's name was Dennis Callahan, and he was a super nice nice guy. For an Irish guy. LOL. It's worth a play, I think.

http://www.wilmettepark.org/golf/

Kevin

Plus it's super-close to Hackney's, for that apres-round onion brick.

Glad you internet friends finally got a chance to meet and become face-to-face friends. Sounds like you four had a great time. Too bad rain cut your outing short.

Back