UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

Rashad is always relaxed. I love Rampages charisma and his one liners are legendary. But he just seems like an a-hole. I like Rashad cause he seems like a good guy. someone you could see in a bar and have a beer with. I love to see Rampage fight but after TUF I thought he was a dick.

Re: UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

Haha yeah he wasnt a good coach. I think the opposite as far as the two guys personalities. Id rather chill with Page. Hope its a good fight. Rampage looks focused and is in greta physical shape. Hope he is in fighting shape too. Its going to depend on who breaks gameplan first. I think whoever does will lose. Im going with Rampage because he will take some shots to land the counter. But Evans could pull it out. Either way I see Shogun keeping his title haha.

Re: UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

Boring fight. Def Rashads night. Im pissed. Gonna hit the bags and pour a couple out for Rampage.

yeah disappointing card overall. Looked like Rampage was away from the octagon for too long. when he had Rashad hurt in the 3rd he just let him recover. lost his killer instinct. It will be interesting to see if he continues to fight or chooses to make the easier and much bigger paychecks in hollywood...

What about the fat dude who caught the crazy ripped guy with the right and knocked him out? I liked how he finished him off with a b*tch slap. I didnt catch either of their names but they were heavyweights.

Mike Russow knocking out Todd Duffee with the flash KO...yeah that was bizarre

worst ppv i've seen in a while. diego didn't even fight, noguiera shouldn't have won that decision, and rampage vs. rashad was awful. for two dudes to talk as much crap as they had, and then just wrestle and dirty box in the clinch? yeah, really disappointing card.

now, franklin vs. liddell is very intriguing to me.

It was a weak card overall. But I think we are becoming jaded. We expect every fight on every ppv to be monumental. But I find the undercard to be better than the main card alot of times. Maybe its because the lower guys have more to prove? They just tend to have more exciting fights. It just is starting to seem some of the main eventers are beginning to mail in their performances. Just want to cash that big payday. Well at least Lesnar/Carwin should be some major fireworks...

I didn't even realize until today that UFC 115 is this weekend. Liddel vs Franklin, Cro-Cop vs Barry, Thiago vs. Kampmann, Rothwell vs Yvel...hopefully will be better than last months.

I heard Fedor is planning on fighting Overeem after the Werdum fight...then is going to retire!

Yeah! To run for government position. But Im not sure. He didnt look sharp in his last fight so maybe he has other things going. Im looking forward to this ppv. Especially Liddel vs Franklin. Im rooting for FRanklin but would hate to jinx the guy. Rothwell always brings the fight so should be good. Cro-Cop was just saying how he has been fighting with a damaged knee and thats why he didnt throw kicks. I wonder if its true. If he comes out like he used too, wow. I'd love to see it. I like Kampmann.
I didn't even realize until today that UFC 115 is this weekend. Liddel vs Franklin, Cro-Cop vs Barry, Thiago vs. Kampmann, Rothwell vs Yvel...hopefully will be better than last months.

I heard Fedor is planning on fighting Overeem after the Werdum fight...then is going to retire!

LOL...Fedor didn't look sharp in his last fight? You mean when he almost tore Rogers head off?

Hahaha.. Just my opinion. Sure Rodgers blasted Arlovski but I'm not sure I'd rank him up with the best in the heavyweights. I guess my thing is sometimes Fedor doesnt look like he is gonna knock someones head off, then he does. I've definitely seen him fight better than his last fight. Im not sayin he sucks but his performance wasnt one of his better ones. We will see when faces Werdum. Old training partners. If he gets past him and has to face Overeem that will be big.
LOL...Fedor didn't look sharp in his last fight? You mean when he almost tore Rogers head off?

ok but if you watch many of Fedors fights he never comes out swinging. His style is to stay patient and wait for his opponent to make a mistake then BAM. Thats the thing that amazes me most about him. His discipline. The only time I have ever seen him rocked was against Fujita and he just recovered and made him tap. Fedor vs Ubereem would truly be EPIC

I get ya. know he likes to feel his opps out. Just my opinion he didnt look as sharp as he usually does. His discipline is really unmatched. Even against the pitbull he was being outboxed then floored the dude when he tried that stupid knee. Im not a fan of overeem. But that guy is good. I think Fedor will win but I wouldnt be susprised if he lost. With a striker like overeem you cant feel him out too long or else youll find yourself asleep. I hope he gets past werdum so we can see it.
China Cat>Rider said:
ok but if you watch many of Fedors fights he never comes out swinging. His style is to stay patient and wait for his opponent to make a mistake then BAM. Thats the thing that amazes me most about him. His discipline. The only time I have ever seen him rocked was against Fujita and he just recovered and made him tap. Fedor vs Ubereem would truly be EPIC

I was/am a huge Liddel fan, but he has been so disappointing lately. I hope that he wins, but Franklin can be really tough at times. Hopefully it is not a disappointing set of fights. I have been disappointed the past few.

Should be a good fight. Chuck has to win. I want to see hoe their styles match up.
omnifun said:
I was/am a huge Liddel fan, but he has been so disappointing lately. I hope that he wins, but Franklin can be really tough at times. Hopefully it is not a disappointing set of fights. I have been disappointed the past few.

I get ya. know he likes to feel his opps out. Just my opinion he didnt look as sharp as he usually does. His discipline is really unmatched. Even against the pitbull he was being outboxed then floored the dude when he tried that stupid knee. Im not a fan of overeem. But that guy is good. I think Fedor will win but I wouldnt be susprised if he lost. With a striker like overeem you cant feel him out too long or else youll find yourself asleep. I hope he gets past werdum so we can see it.
I honestly feel that Overeem is overrated. Look at his overall record. He lost to Nog twice, Shogun twice, Liddell, Werdum, Arona. Then he moves to heavyweight and magically becomes HUGE ( I still think he is juicing). Since he moved up to heavy he hasn't fought anyone impressive except for Cro-Cop which was a NC since Overeem kneed Cro-Cop in the balls repeatedly. I have Fedor winning by submission.

Should be a good fight. Chuck has to win. I want to see hoe their styles match up.

If Chuck loses I would expect him to retire...

The juicing is debatable. 25 lbs over 2 years is doable. Especially on his frame. He is dangerous with his strikes and has improved a ton since his losses.

Now do I think he juiced? Yeah. No coincedence he stayed away from the states for two years. I think more mma fighters juice than we know. Fedor wins the fight though. Im not on the reem train but I think he has a shot. Especially if he catches Fedor early. If the fight goes past the first round he loses. By that time Fedor knows everything he wanta to know.

China Cat>Rider said:
I honestly feel that Overeem is overrated. Look at his overall record. He lost to Nog twice, Shogun twice, Liddell, Werdum, Arona. Then he moves to heavyweight and magically becomes HUGE ( I still think he is juicing). Since he moved up to heavy he hasn't fought anyone impressive except for Cro-Cop which was a NC since Overeem kneed Cro-Cop in the balls repeatedly. I have Fedor winning by submission.

I posted in quotes lol. The Chuckman Retires if he loses. They both have such odd punching angles. Is a ppv happening outing weekend?

I don't know...they havn't announced the date for september yet...but it is likely to be on the 25th in Indy

Fedor needs to stop stalling and get in the UFC. Aside from Overeem, there is no talent in the HW division of strikeforce. I want to see Lesnar beat Fedor. Chuck will beat Franklin. His chin has been weak as of late, but he is in the best shape he has been in for a while. He will get his hands going. Chuck vs Tito will eventually happen again. I think Dana said winner of Chuck/Rich gets Forrest (who cares).

Fedor needs to stop stalling and get in the UFC. Aside from Overeem, there is no talent in the HW division of strikeforce. I want to see Lesnar beat Fedor. Chuck will beat Franklin. His chin has been weak as of late, but he is in the best shape he has been in for a while. He will get his hands going. Chuck vs Tito will eventually happen again. I think Dana said winner of Chuck/Rich gets Forrest (who cares).

lol...Fedor is not stalling. He will never work for ufc.

Great event last night! Easily one of the best of the year.

We turned it on at work and missed the first few fights but saw Crocop come back strong and then Liddel just get rocked. Both were great fights. Liddel needs to retire, he was great but WAS is the key word.

I only caught the last 2 fights. But they were pretty good! Chuck was moving better but just couldn't break old habits. Thought Rich was hurt bad and went for the kill. Rich is a smart fighter and hits harder than I give him credit for. Very entertaining fight. So was the cro cop fight. I want to watch the rest of the fights, gonna stream them later I hope!
Great event last night! Easily one of the best of the year.

Back