ever get paired up with someone that was just freakin good?

The best player I think I've played with is a friend who shot around a 71

However, I have played with former Pittsburgh Steeler wide receiver John Stallworth. Hey, he may not have shot in the 60s but he's got a superbowl ring!

I played with a couple juniors in a match play in our leauge and we got whooped 3-0. These kids had massive draws, but they hit fairways and greens like nothing, they were always playing safe and when I played so agressive they made me look like a fool.
yeah in northern va i was paired up with a father/daughter combo... the dad wasnt playing... he was just driving the cart... the daughter was like 11... throwing darts... i felt like turning in my man card right then and there
I've never got paired up with someone 'really' good, but I have got paired up in a group with 3 pretty sorry people. No offense or anything to anyone, but it was SOOO slow. My coach had to go drive a cart out on the course and find us because we were at least 45 minutes behind. Half of the people on my team thought we got lost on the course or got bitten by a snake or something!

man i thought i was slowing my coworker(the player) down(i shot a 98) but when we got to the club house after 18... i looked at my watch and we played in less that 3hrs

I just teed it up in Palm Springs with some of the better guys in my club and realized how far I am from being a scratch golfer......in almost every facet of my game. Depressing.

Guys don't let JB fool you. He is very capable of throwing low numbers out there. One of the last rounds we played we were playing for dinner. I think I had him by 4 at the turn. Long story short I had to get up and down from 25 yards out to save a half. He kicked my tail the back 9. When he gets hot on the greens he is very dangerous.

Andy is very kind. He is forgetting to mention that I get strokes when we play.

Guys don't let JB fool you. He is very capable of throwing low numbers out there. One of the last rounds we played we were playing for dinner. I think I had him by 4 at the turn. Long story short I had to get up and down from 25 yards out to save a half. He kicked my tail the back 9. When he gets hot on the greens he is very dangerous.

no doubt andy! he understates his game. i never played with him.....yet.......but i could tell by watching him hit balls on the range that he's very capable.

ever get paired up with someone that was just freakin good?

Yes, a good many times. I've played with a woman who has qualified for and played in the US Women's Amateur (she is plus handicap from the men's tees on my home course). When playing one of the mountain courses 2 years ago I got paired with a woman pro from Florida who has played in several LPGA tournaments.

There is a teenager who plays regularly on my home course who is a plus handicap... and he is a 300 yard plus bomber with control. He is a joy to watch play.

Over the years I've gotten to play with any number of local pros from many courses around Colorado. When you often just walk on as as single, you get to play with a great mix pf people. :golf2:

Probably the best I have played a full round with would be Julius Boros. Played in a playoff with Hale Irwin, Gay Brewer. Got paired with Dan Sikes and Pete Brown. Also paired with Jim Dent. All of this happened about 40 years ago.

Back