Post your favorite songs...

Nuck81

Reaction score
Handicap
I searched quite a few pages and didn't see a thread like this, but of there is lock it away please.

POST your favorite songs, be it from youtube or what have you. Please no pirating or illegal Downloads. Also post some unique music or songs that you don't think others know of or get much exposure too. Being a music teacher I LOVE hearing new and interesting styles of music and virtuosity. Lots of amazing genius level musicians out there that no one knows about....

SO one of my favorite songs:

Release by Pearl Jam

It especially means a lot after losing my dad suddenly in an accident two years ago....

I'm liking California Gurls right now by Katy Perry! My all time fav song is Two of Hearts by Stacy Q :smile:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

one of my fav's is a song called "wagon wheel", and i love the version by Old Crow Medicine Show!

La Grange by ZzTop is one of my favorites.

[YOUTUBE]cnMFOeEPUks[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Two with similar themes- these bands got me through high school.. I have seen them both on tour.

[video=youtube;M_bvT-DGcWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_bvT-DGcWw&feature=related[/video]

Two with similar themes- these bands got me through high school.. I have seen them both on tour.

I dig me some Pink Floyd man!!! In addition to being a music teacher, on of my side gigs is a Performing Arts Judge for Tri States Winterguard Circuit. We travel a lot to gigs and me and my buddy spent a whole weekend listening to the Pulse album saying "All you need is a little Pink Floyd" Good times...

i've always enjoyed this one too:

My favorite at the moment because it always puts me in a good mood:
Train - Hey, Soul Sister

[video=youtube;kVpv8-5XWOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVpv8-5XWOI[/video]

My wife and I always sing this one at the top of our lungs on a road trip:
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

This song gets covered so much and it's such a great song:
Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah

Mama just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life has just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooh
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters

I dig me some Pink Floyd man!!! In addition to being a music teacher, on of my side gigs is a Performing Arts Judge for Tri States Winterguard Circuit. We travel a lot to gigs and me and my buddy spent a whole weekend listening to the Pulse album saying "All you need is a little Pink Floyd" Good times...

Gilmore is one of the very best gutiar players ever. Seeing them live was a real experiance. And Supertramp were no slouches either. I would say that those two, Steely Dan, Dire Straights the Eagles and Jackson Browne were peerless in terms of talent in the 70's and 80's. They could just flat out write and play.

i've always enjoyed this one too:

This is really cool, I've always loved subtle chill out grooves...

If you like Jazz or Easy Listening here is one of my Favorites

Run For Cover- The Great Marcus Miller

[video=youtube;ejgceU1IE-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejgceU1IE-A[/video]

The original "Hotel California" by The Eagles is my all-time favorite song.

This is one of my favorites right now:

Gilmore is one of the very best gutiar players ever. Seeing them live was a real experiance. And Supertramp were no slouches either. I would say that those two, Steely Dan, Dire Straights the Eagles and Jackson Browne were peerless in terms of talent in the 70's and 80's. They could just flat out write and play.

Very few bands master their art anymore. There are very few mainstream bands the last few years, that I would consider true "Masters" of the craft. Maybe Zac Brown Band.

The most amazing thing is most of the guys did all their recordings in one take, that takes true talent and musicianship...

My Favorite Queen Song

very familiar Nuck! check these guys out:

i'll call, with some herbie hancock!

Gah, you win. But only cause Spanish Fantasy is not on youtube!!!

ha! this is fun stuff! i could go on for days. i haven't even begun to tap into one of my favorite genre's: raggae

ha! this is fun stuff! i could go on for days. i haven't even begun to tap into one of my favorite genre's: raggae

I agree!!

Raggae is one thing I'm not familiar with other than Bob Marley

I agree!!

Raggae is one thing I'm not familiar with other than Bob Marley

oooo, well please check out some yellowman or some peter tosh. i love BM but there's so much more to it than just him.

also, check out matisyahu, he's a hasidic jew that is unbelievable. it's a new age spin on raggae and ska, here you go:

i prefer king without a crown

it's a great song as well. i was fortunate to be able to see matisyahu here in asheville and it was a fantastic show!!!! a lot of fun live.

Back