Anyone have bad reviews about the srixon z star or taylormade penta ball? need help

o ok, no problem guess i will just wait my 10 days then lol even though its already on ebay...

thanks for all the help.. i am about to buy a sleeve of pentas and z stars.

o ok, no problem guess i will just wait my 10 days then lol even though its already on ebay...

thanks for all the help.. i am about to buy a sleeve of pentas and z stars.

Good luck with them. I haven't tried the Pentas myself, but I'm a huge fan of the Z stars :)

Good luck with them. I haven't tried the Pentas myself, but I'm a huge fan of the Z stars :)

thanks, cant decide on the yellow or plain white ball lol

and since i have 10 posts now where do i go to put what clubs i have?

thanks, cant decide on the yellow or plain white ball lol

and since i have 10 posts now where do i go to put what clubs i have?

Under settings, there'll be an option to edit signature :)

Like everybody said, they're both great.

If you really like spin around the greens, I might give a slight edge to the Z star. In my experience, it has a bit more bite.

Also, see how much they are. I've seen Penta's and z-star X's for $35 on gppgolf.com, which is way better than 47 retail.

Here's a link to a golf ball spin chart on half wedges:
http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/hot-list/2010-06/hotlist2010_golfballs_spinchart

i heard the exact opposite that the pentas spin a ton more than any other ball..
ya i found a dozen for 35 bucks on ebay but just gunna buy 6 right now for 18 bucks..

I wish the Penta came in yellow. I like the yellow, but the Penta seems to spin better for me, and is also a little hotter off the driver. I find a ProV1x a little hotter off the driver than the Z-Star, too. I don't have numbers to prove it, it's a feel thing for me.

Your mileage may vary. I have eight new ProV1x balls out of the sleeves in my bag. Then I'm going to the dozen Pentas I bought last week. Then I'll decide. The Penta really seems to spin nice on little chips and pitches.

Kevin

ya i guess il just have to try and see which one i can control and like better..

20 yards?? thats crazy!

That's what my sheet told me. I don't have a very fast swing so I should be playing a softer ball. The e6 is that while the Nike Vapors I have been playing are not. That in itself is a good reason to get fit. To find a ball that is best suited for your game so you can get the best performance out of your swing.

Oh its not that the Penta's spin more...its that they spin "correctly" for the shot.

The pro I play with loves them because they're low on driver spin (better distance, "straighter" shots), great on iron spin, etc.

Don't get me wrong, they're amazing. But...I did a blind test for myself with chips including Nike One, Penta, TP Red (all <$35 a box). Nike One checked the fastest followed by TP Red followed by Penta.

Again, that's for me...and I like chips that bounce-bounce-STOP over chips that slow and release. If I could hit the Penta the first two shots and swap for the Nike off the green, now THEN I'd be happy ;)

Pick the ball that fixes the biggest weaknesses in your game.

Wait a minute!! Your signature says you have a TM ghost!! How did you get that?!?

ya i like bounce stop on the green.. or just dead stop.. but of course those are the ones u dream of that u hit at the flag and just stop..

lol i guess i shud have put will have ghost within 10 days.. its on order right now suppose to ship on the 17th or 18th..

ya i like bounce stop on the green.. or just dead stop.. but of course those are the ones u dream of that u hit at the flag and just stop..

lol i guess i shud have put will have ghost within 10 days.. its on order right now suppose to ship on the 17th or 18th..

I see. That ghost putter is definitely a hot commodity around here! There a few of us who would like to get our hands on one!

ya i cant wait to get it.. and only paying 160 bucks for it, is not bad at all..

ya i cant wait to get it.. and only paying 160 bucks for it, is not bad at all..

Wow, that's cheap! I thought they retailed for over 300.

no not at all. they are all over the place for 159.99... google taylormade ghost putter, there 159.99 at golfsmith, global golf, and few more places..

Interesting. I may have to check that out. But we're off topic here. Personally I can't offer any advice between the z star or the penta. I haven't hit either so I have no preference. Both seem like awesome balls. I would say that it boils down to personal preference. Get fit and go from there is my advice.

bridges, i've been playing the zstar and the penta pretty exclusively for the past 3-4 months. to me, the both excel in most areas and to me, one shines more than the other in other areas. i absolutely love the penta out of the fairway and around the green. it's good off the tee, don't get me wrong, but i find that it's a little too spinny for me, don't know why that is. the zstar is solid off the tee for me, and it's very capable everywhere else. i guess if i had to choose just one, i'd stick with the penta, there's just something that's "right" about that ball. it performs great and i've had ZERO durability issues with it.

exactly what i was thinking.. penta might be to much spin for me off the tee where as i think the z star would be perfect plus its easier to spot and im thinking to penta will be perfect for me shots 2-whatever.. i know its against the rules but im thinking about playing the z star off the tee and penta for everything else..

exactly what i was thinking.. penta might be to much spin for me off the tee where as i think the z star would be perfect plus its easier to spot and im thinking to penta will be perfect for me shots 2-whatever.. i know its against the rules but im thinking about playing the z star off the tee and penta for everything else..

well, whatever works for you.

based on your sig, you might want to play the penta......haha

lol i just developed that comfort zone with taylormade clubs and wont ever use anything else, idk i just have more confidence in them haha

i know its against the rules but im thinking about playing the z star off the tee and penta for everything else..

Joking right? If you are going to do that, why don't you just skip the tee shot all together and just drop a penta 300 yards down the fairway, giving you a great approach shot in? Half the fun is being challanged. By changing balls after each shot, you are limiting the challenge (and breaking the rules). I guess it doesn't really matter though... unless you are playing for money or keeping a handicap.

yes im joking i forgot to add the lol at the end.. i doubt i could even remember to change balls. i think the only time i have switched balls was when i hit a tree or cart path and scuffed up the ball pretty good so just switched it for a good one to putt with..

Back