Just how expensive is golf??

Bridges

Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious to what everyone else spent on the golf stuff in there every day bag? (not extra clubs laying around) and not how much it retails at golfsmith or something like that but the actual cost you paid for it..

here is mine (13 clubs).. (final price of every club & accessories)

Taylormade r9 460 driver- $180
TM 2009 rescue tp hybrid 3- $100
TM 2009 rescue tp hybrid 4- $80
TM R9 irons (5-PW)(sold the 4)- $470
TM rac 52 wedge- $50
TM rac 56 wedge- $50
TM rac 60 wedge- $50
TM rossa Ghost- $160
Sun mountain bag with 14 hole top- $75
Average dozen ball cost- $40
1 Glove- $10
Shoes- $60
Towel- $15
Tees- $5
Divot tool & ball marker- $10

Grand total- $1355

Hitting that perfect iron shot on the green 3 ft from the pin.... priceless

Best $1355 i ever spent!!

Hmmm....just a rough estimate....$2450.00...wait...balls, shoes and such...another $300.00...so $2700.00 this is just very rough numbers

2700? what in the world do you have? a solid gold driver with solid gold shaft and a all diamond putter??? lol

2700? what in the world do you have? a solid gold driver with solid gold shaft and a all diamond putter??? lol

Have you ever thought that some purchase their equipment retail and get fitted for them? In that case, clubs are more expensive than buying used and second hand.

All the gear in my bag I've bought new since around March when I started the game. I started with all Dad's gear but have since bought my own. I'm a bargain hunter so I've probably paid less than most.

Nike Sasquatch Carry Tour- Didn't cost me anything, I used trade in credit from Amazon.com
Nickent 3DX square 12*- $99 Rockbottom Golf
Callaway 21* Hybrid- $70 RockBottom Golf
Orlimar 24* Hybrid- $30 Golfio
GigaGolf GX2 2 and 4 hybrid- Both together $40
GigaGolf Powermax GX22 irons 6-sw $127 Adjusted length and lie to my height and arm length
Nickent Pipe2 Putter- $60 Rockbottom Golf

Total $426

Add two, 1 hour lessons at $20 each. $60 for Shoes. I've bought a Dozen balls at $15.

I just added up the cost of my bag had I paid retail prices.

Driver $399 + $250 for Miyazaki shaft
FW Wood $199
Hybrid $199
Irons $600
Wedges $330
Putter $200-$325 Depending on model
Niblick $149

Its an expensive sport for sure. Especially when you fine tune your equipment for your game.

I just added up the cost of my bag had I paid retail prices.

Driver $399 + $250 for Miyazaki shaft
FW Wood $199
Hybrid $199
Irons $600
Wedges $330
Putter $200-$325 Depending on model

Things add up. All my clubs are fit for me. it is an expensive sport for sure.
Niblick $149

lol thats my favorite part, close my eyes and pick one it might be a unreleased beauty or just a $325 Nead Damascus lol

Have you ever thought that some purchase their equipment retail and get fitted for them? In that case, clubs are more expensive than buying used and second hand.

my bad. it was just a question.

i bought my r9 irons brand new, my 4 hybrid brand new, driver brand new, wedges and 3 hybrid slightly used and ghost putter new. just found good deals on them all and looked around enough and made sure they were all authentic and not some crap clubs but got everything pretty cheap..

my bad. it was just a question.

i bought my r9 irons brand new, my 4 hybrid brand new, driver brand new, wedges and 3 hybrid slightly used and ghost putter new. just found good deals on them all and looked around enough and made sure they were all authentic and not some crap clubs but got everything pretty cheap..

Buying a set of irons brand new that retail for $899 for $470 usually means ebay or auction. So I am guessing they were not fit for you and you went with a deal.

The costs are something I prefer not to think about. I really dont want to know how much I have spent.

Bridges
A lot of people do not really like to discuss what they spend on their gear. Because frankly its nobodys business. Sure, if a bargain is had, people like to scream it from the rooftops, but most keep their finances private. As for the Damascus putter, it actually costs $650.

hmmm..

G15- 150.00
BJ 4 wood - 120.00
XLS 7 wood 100.00
3 Nick' Hybrds 140.00
XLi Irons 350.00
Niblicks 300.00
CG15 110.00
Putter 80.00
Bag A gift!

So.. 1270.00?

yes i got them off ebay, from a golf store in cali. didnt want to pay 900 for new irons..

i didnt need them to be fit though, i mean i probably could have paid the extra 400 bucks to do it but just not worth it to me and i play standard length clubs dont need any adjustments. now if i was say a 1-7 handicapper and played tourneys then i might get fitted but there really isnt a point in it when i can hit them pretty good.

Last edited:
Bridges
A lot of people do not really like to discuss what they spend on their gear. Because frankly its nobodys business. Sure, if a bargain is had, people like to scream it from the rooftops, but most keep their finances private. As for the Damascus putter, it actually costs $650.

i was just asking, thats fine im not making people say what they paid for there clubs they dont have to post, i was just wondering what everyone has spent on clubs. didnt think it was that big of a deal. just a friendly topic to compare to others to see how much everyone pays for the love of the game no matter if its 400 bucks for everything or 3000.

sorry honestly didnt think it was a big deal.

i didnt need them to be fit though, i mean i probably could have paid the extra 400 bucks to do it but just not worth it to me and i play standard length clubs dont need any adjustments. now if i was say a 1-7 handicapper and played tourneys then i might get fitted but there really isnt a point in it when i can hit them pretty good.
You would be surprised how much a fitting can improve your game, an length is only one of the aspects of a fitting.

DRIVER: TM R7 425 TP -----------------------------$380.00 + $ 80.00 FOR V2 shaft
3-WOOD: Nike SQ3+ ---------------------------------$180.00 + $ 80.00 FOR V2 shaft
4-WOOD: Nike SQ4 ----------------------------------$180.00 + $ 80.00 FOR V2 shaft
HYBRID: Nike CPR --------------------$110.00 + $12.00 (yes, twelve) Rifle MT-80 Graphite shaft
IRONS (3-PW): Snake Eyes 600B -------------------$160.00 (heads), $ 85.00 (shafts)
WEDGES: 51 & 55 deg. Snake Eyes 655TM -----$ 60.00 (heads), $ 25.00 (shafts)
PUTTER: Odyssey Dual Force II #2 -----------------$90.00

DD2 grips + GP “Ping” style putter grip --------------$70.00

All told, it comes out to a shade under $1,600.00

Not bad at all!

-JP

ya i wud really like to but just dont have the money to pay 900 bucks on irons.. lol

Adjusting the lie angle and a shaft fitting are more important than just about any head out there. But whatever works for you.

nice jp!

and jb i wasnt trying to be a dick or anything like that so dont take the comments that way. but you are also able to try out and play a ton of different clubs for very long periods of time, i dont have the opportunity to do that, i get to hit some that friends have or go to golfsmith and hit as many as i want just for that period of time and then go by that and i just love the r9 irons i can hit them good just they way they are and dont want to really mess with that. im no pro nor plan on being a pro i just like to have fun and enjoy the game, and if that means in 5 years i want to get fitted then i can (im only 20) but i just like everything about the r9 as is.. but just didnt want you to think i was being a dick, and kinda got a little offended that you thought just because they werent fitted and i bought them for cheaper that they were crap. just the way i took it..

And my point was, as others will say as well, that fitting can make most heads feel better since they are matched for ones swing. A simple lie angle adjustment can mean misses now hit the sweet spot. Its great that they are working for you. However having not ever been fit for irons, there is really no way to tell how a fitted set would feel.

next set i get i plan on getting them fitted for me, but for now just didnt have the money to pay for fitted irons..

Driver: $75
Fairway Woods: Total 170
Irons: 540
Wedges: Vokey was a gift; Cleveland I only paid 70
Putter 70
Bag was Gift
Total 925

No matter how much you spend on your gear, the best value is THP. Only costs you your time.

a
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: 399.00
Wood: 199.99
Hybrid: 159.99
Irons: 699.99
Wedges: 35 x 3
Bag: 159.99

I got 20% off all purchases and will not be investing in driver, woods, or irons for a LONG time!

No matter how much you spend on your gear, the best value is THP. Only costs you your time.

a
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely! I look at this place as my online home and have base interest of certain products off of the knowledge everyone contributes

Back