Taylormade XFT Wedge

Just bought a 54*, 12 bounce at Golf Etc. for $129.00.
Had a gift certificate that was going to expire so took the leap. Was originally going to go with the CG15 or a Vokey but after swinging all three the TM just felt better.
Looks like rain here today so won't get to go hit it until tomorrow......

...gppgolf.com is offering them for $89.99 each. An additional face plate is $39.99. At least that's the price today (5/25/10).

It's up to 109 on that site now. 90 bucks is a hell of a deal.. I wonder why they are offering it so low compared to basically everyone else...

I've been playing this wedge for the past 3 months, very durable but more importantly it's versatile. Great out of the rough, sand, and fairway, I can open it up, pinch it, or hit it straight up with equal quality no matter the shot. I highly recommend the XFT.

Man I wanna get these soo bad, I went from 54 and a 60* in the TM Z TP in 2008, to a 52*, 56* (09 Vokeys) 60* (Eidolon) in 2009

because of some wedge problems I think I want to go with a 50* and a 54* in the XFT

Its a great wedge Dent! I loved it duing the shootout!

Great wedges. I play a 56 and 60 and love the look and feel of these. Previous wedges were RAC TPZ and I thought those were as good as they get, until I tried these. The XFTs feel even softer and I like the sole grinds better. They feel more versatile than the other wedges to me, and the fact I can replace the faces is a bonus.

I think I spotted one of these in OEMs sig.

It was only a matter of time

Another lonely club has found a home in OEM's bag :) Congrats buddy!

On the strength of the review, I bought the 50 degree wedge to use as a gap wedge. I've never had a wedge made for spin, just always used the included wedge in older sets.

It feels a little heavy and long compared to the r9 Approach wedge, although shots seem to stop faster. A different feel to it. Not sure if I really love it yet. hopefully it will get better as I use it more.

On the strength of the review, I bought the 50 degree wedge to use as a gap wedge. I've never had a wedge made for spin, just always used the included wedge in older sets.

It feels a little heavy and long compared to the r9 Approach wedge, although shots seem to stop faster. A different feel to it. Not sure if I really love it yet. hopefully it will get better as I use it more.

Yea, going from a gap wedge in a set to a tour styled wedge is always a bit of a curve. I think once you get used to hitting the tour styled wedge, you will find it much more useful that those you find in an iron set.

Yea, going from a gap wedge in a set to a tour styled wedge is always a bit of a curve. I think once you get used to hitting the tour styled wedge, you will find it much more useful that those you find in an iron set.

I totally agree.

Loving my TM wedge more and more every day. If I am at 100 yds or less it's my go to club!

I think I spotted one of these in OEMs sig.

Yes you did! Had to add the wedge shootout winner to my bag! Played today but I think I only hit it once, Ive found myself hitting the 60* Jaws the most with how fast and hard the greens are right now. But I still love the XFT!

I finally pulled the trigger and updated my wedges to match my iron specs. These things are awesome and it helps that the pro gave me a good deal. I tested them out on the putting/chipping green as soon as I picked them up. Out of my first 10 chips I sunk 2 and put the rest within a 1 putt. Now I hope they treat me that well on the course tomorrow.

Those that are using it, do you notice any difference between teh face and a 1 piece face?

Those that are using it, do you notice any difference between teh face and a 1 piece face?

Not one bit for me.

I also love the sound this club makes when I hit the ball squarely. I have a bit of a tendency to hit fat sometimes and you can definitely tell the difference in the contact you have made just by the sound of the club.

I think they feel softer than the Vokey I was using. I don't know if that is due to the material on the back of the faceplate or that these are built to my specs (Vokey was standard, off-the-rack) and I'm hitting the sweet spot better. Whatever it is, I like it.

i want them so bad, but dont need to spend the money as i have 3 wedges that are in fairly good shape still.. choices, choices...:banghead:

I think they feel softer than the Vokey I was using. I don't know if that is due to the material on the back of the faceplate or that these are built to my specs (Vokey was standard, off-the-rack) and I'm hitting the sweet spot better. Whatever it is, I like it.

I was using an old Dunlop sand wedge before so I can only compare it to that.
The difference is like night and day. Softer feel with much more control than I ever thought I would have.

anyone actually not like it? only heard good things about it.. (which is good)

thinking about pulling the trigger now.. found a 52 with 9 bounce for 80 bucks with a extra insert. brand new.. hard to pass that up..

Last edited:
Back