Jacked (A cautionary tale)

Hackavelli

Reaction score
Handicap
Heart pounding, pulse quickening, sweat inducing rage that colors your mind with sadistic savagery and let's your darker self force its way to the surface; if only in thought.

That feeling is what flooded me the other morning as I was leaving for work and plodded towards my vehicle in a pre-coffee state of zombie-ism.

I opened the door to my Buick Rainier and immediately noticed that things were out of place ... papers and what nots scattered carelessly throughout my vehicle. It is then that I snapped out of my dawn of the dead state of mind and my horrified-then-pissed-off self took control.

I had been robbed...or at least my vehicle had. The filthy culprits made off with about $80 that I had left in my gym bag after the previous nights workout.

Untouched, to my great disbelief, was my gps unit, my stereo, a credit card, 2 pairs of shoes, an Under Armour jacket and my golf clubs.

I had left my beloved beauties exposed and unprotected for any second rate criminal to fondle and have their way with. A tear dotted my eye as I thought what could have been and how lucky I was to get another outing with my graphite wearing girls.

Never again will I forget to lock and alarm my ride as I lay down my weary head for the night. Never again! :D

that sucks man! a few months back my car was broken into and i had some golf clubs stolen. thank god i took my bag out but i had some clubs that were serving in time out stolen.

people suck!

Agreed. People suck. People with no honor suck..(So says the dragon slayer) :)

I wonder how many of us keep the sticks in our cars!?

*raising my hand*

That really sucks Hackavelli, you did use some great use of expression to get your feelings across in your writing though. If that helps any.

I've had my rig broken into so many times I can't even count, I used to live in a dumpy town and everywhere from my drive way, to my work parking lot, to the mall parking lot, to the local raceway parking lot were scenes of one crime or another. The worst part about it is that each time I called the cops and they didn't do a damn thing about it. :angry: Just once it would have been worth them punks busting my window just to catch em in the act....just once!!!

Sorry about your burglary, at least they didn't get your sticks dude!

Going out on a limb here and saying it was for drugs....cash is obviously fast and easy. Everything else would've been hard to run away with let alone turn it around for some quick cash

I have it set so you can't get into my trunk without a key... so unless they get my keys they aren't getting my sticks.

They can have all the old wendy's bags they want!

Thanks guys. I got lucky and didn't lose as much as I could have. Its such a violating feeling though. And one that makes me think bad things.

Glad to see I'm not the only one keeping the sticks handy. Never know when a golf game's gonna break out! :D

Glad to see I'm not the only one keeping the sticks handy. Never know when a golf game's gonna break out! :D

I agree. I get separation anxiety if my clubs are not in my truck box at all times. As you say, I could be overcome by an overwhelming desire to hit the links at any moment.

Agreed. People suck. People with no honor suck..(So says the dragon slayer) :)

I wonder how many of us keep the sticks in our cars!?

Survivor fan?

I keep my clubs in my call all the time, but I live in a pretty small place and I really never have to worry with locking it (even though I always do).

Great cautionary tale. I never remember to lock up my truck. So far, I have been lucky.

I have had a single club stolen from my bag. During a rain delay a bunch of carts were parked together under the front carport, everyone left their bags on the cart and waited for the rain to pass.
I didn't notice until much later that my 3 wood was gone. Now, if I am leaving my bag unattended, I zip the rain cover shut. I know that ain't much protection, but it is better than nothing.

10pts for SethO! I wondered if anyone would get the reference. Guilty..(Survivor fan)

Back