Is Everyone Else Just HOT?

I'll be peaking at the mid to high 60's this week and that's the warmest it has been since I got here from the midwest. I wish the waterworks would shut off so I could do some work. I really don't miss heat or humidity. :)

Played 9-holes Friday, 27-holes Saturday and 36-holes Sunday in this mess. It's like playing in a fish bowl it's so humid here in this valley. Rotating dry gloves, constantly wiping off with a towel, standing over shots with sweat pouring off of you...miserable.

Worst part...it's only June. What are July and August going to feel like?

ovheatindex.jpg

I think I'm built a little differently... haha.

Like mentioned earlier, Tx is also hot. High 90s-100's everyday with 50%+ humidity (80%+ mornings). Despite that, I walk 18 and feel pretty good. 108 is the hottest I've played and oddly, I can walk through that too with relatively little discomfort. Hate the bugs though... And wiping my grips prior to each shot is annoying but manageable.

I guess growing up in heat like this helped condition my body. Yay!

Were getting the June Gloom right now. I think its been in the 80s during the day and comfortable at night.

In Indiana the word so far this year has been WET. It has rained every three or four days all spring and the course has been wet all of the time for me. We are in our 7th. week of mens league and we have played 5 times in the rain this year. I don't mind the heat as much as the wet conditions. Dry and hot would suit me fine right now.

I live in SW Georgia where we have gnats to go with this heat. I sometimes play at Bay Point in Panama City Beach, FL. Last year one of the starters there suggested that I get a 12 volt fan. They are available in marine departments. I have used them at Bay Point and my home course and they help a little.

The weather this weekend and for the upcoming week is supposed to be brutal in Atlanta. Just breathing in the hot air is tough. I cant wait for this heat front to pass. Or better yet bring on September because July and August are going to be HOT, HOT, HOT.

It is super humid here in Gatlinburg. It was still in the 80's last night around 11:00. I want my cool mountain air back!

Wow those are some seriously hot temps, were between the 60-70 range at the moment and sunny,probably pretty cold for you guys but perfect golfing weather here in the uk.

Thats hawt.

Are you going to wear your crocs at the wedding?

Hot? We had a high of 70 today! Pretty nice in these parts tc, come on up. Big hairy guy's every where, lol. Enjoy the outdoor wedding and knats, with all this rain we have nat's the size of small rats, haha

big hairy guys and heat don't mix well together.

I've noticed that, myself. I think I would be as miserable in a southern summer, as JB would be in a Cheeseland Winter.

Kevin

Thats hawt.

Are you going to wear your crocs at the wedding?

no, this is one of those fancy weddings. at least there's gonna be a low country boil and some cold beers, i'm all good. i don't mind sweating profusely in front of strangers, i'll never see them again, and if they're lucky i might get on the karaoke machine.....bust out some freebird!

no, this is one of those fancy weddings. at least there's gonna be a low country boil and some cold beers, i'm all good. i don't mind sweating profusely in front of strangers, i'll never see them again, and if they're lucky i might get on the karaoke machine.....bust out some freebird!

YOUTUBE!!!

Couldn't sleep... too hot, figured I'd check out the thp forum.

lmao!! Hope you didnt expect much at this time! Its usually me thread-jacking and talking to myself. I think even SH is passed out by now.

Haven't seen the sun for a week. Torrential rain for 3 days straight. At least 3 greens on our course is below water.

I hate this thread!

Guess this says it all from the local weather channel:

It's yet another day of high heat and humidity in the South with heat indices easily surpassing the 100-degree mark. I broke out in a sweat just typing it.

i love the heat... this winter was brutal... the humidity sucks tho... other than the hands being wet and the grips being slippery... i love the heat... the ball goes far! i need all the distance i can muster

Back