My new personal best!

sacul1573

What's a GIR?
Reaction score
Handicap
Just got back from the course, and shot my personal best, AND broke into the 80s today with a 44/45, for a 89 total. Super stoked, especially since I didnt feel like my iron game was very on today.

My driver has been in timeout lately, but I decided to give it a chance on the second hole. It didnt listen to me, so back in the bag it went, and stayed there the entire round. 3 wood off the tees, and I found myself with consistantly better lies, and more fairways. The game just "felt" easier, even though I was hitting 20 yards longer with my irons. As I mentioned my irons were not on today, as this is only the fourth time hitting the new sticks. I also left a few putts out there, a couple brain farts I'd rather not discuss.

But all in all, the round felt less like "scrambling" and more like "playing" golf. Didnt add up my scores until the end, because I felt I was playing well, and didnt want the added pressure. Only 3 double bogeys, a bunch of bogeys, and a handful of pars. NO blowup holes = :clapp:

Anyway, I'm super stoked right now, thanks for reading my rambling excitement!

congrats sacul!!

Congrats sacul!

congrats Sacul! well played! next stop....85

nice work sacul!!! that's good stuff, i'm glad to see the excitement.

good job sacul

That's awesome!! Congrats :)

Way to go! I've been following your progress in the "ask the pro" section and, based on your newest video, I'm not surprised to see you put up a new personal best. I bet that 89 won't last too long as your best.

Congrats Sacul! :thumb:

To many people I know it was.

i doubt it was fast as you think it was.. losing 8 strokes is hard to do unless your just starting out and then getting the hang if it i cud see a loss of 8 strokes but not if you have been playing a while, just seems like its harder and harder to lose strokes once u have been playing a few years..

I never said it was faster to do, but once you shoot 89, 88 87 or 86 isnt a big deal. Its obviously time consuming of 8 strokes, but that step is a hard thing to accomplish. Ive seen many people 3-putt from 6 feet to shoot 80 or 90, because of the mental block

u said 89 to 81 though, no 88, 87 or 86 lol
i find its almost better to add the score up last so you dont know what ur shooting so u wont have a to worry about it..

Just because something takes longer doesnt mean its harder to do
u said 89 to 81 though, no 88, 87 or 86 lol
i find its almost better to add the score up last so you dont know what ur shooting so u wont have a to worry about it..

Nice round man! Congrats!

Way to go! Breaking 90! Congrats!

Congatulations are in order. I hope it is a continuing trend.

Very nice job. You've put alot of work into improving your game this year it sounds from the posts of yours I've read.

Nice round Sacul! Glad to hear that your hard work has paid off :)

Congrats on the personal best! I sure bet that was fun for you.

Back