Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
This is both the agony of defeat and the thrill of victory. I looked down at my arm after noticing a certain pain that could only be my nemesis the horsefly. It was balls deep into my arm and exploded in blood when I killed it. Now I have a huge knot on my arm. Grrrrrr

Dead fly!
1f4c1d36.jpg

And the damage.
9c2d9e04.jpg

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

golf tan, represent!

I hate those mutant flies!

That looks like what we call a deer fly/black fly. LMAO at balls-deep!

They call them mayflies out here on the NC Outer Banks...annoying as hell...and painful...We use dryer sheets in our hats and pockets and golf bag to keep them away...

Those things used to attack us when we would get out of the swimming pool when I was a kid.

i hate them!!!

I haven't noticed any of them this year. I hate them!

I'm waiting for the cicadas to emerge, and then the cicada killer wasps to follow. They nest in the ground beneath a bush in our yard and have been there every year as long as I remember.

I didn't even know horseflys existed till just now. This whole time, I thought you guys meant houseflys, so I kept thinking to myself, these guys are crazy, those don't bite...

So I wiki'd it, and dang, horseflys look exactly the same except are a much bigger pain... Dang, I feel fortunate. I think I've only ever experienced houseflys.

I haven't noticed any of them this year. I hate them!

I'm waiting for the cicadas to emerge, and then the cicada killer wasps to follow. They nest in the ground beneath a bush in our yard and have been there every year as long as I remember.

Dude those cicada killers are like the fighter planes of wasp! I found one of them dead and we had a whole day of What is this dead bug at work. One wicked looking wasp! And I dont think they bother us do they?

Dude those cicada killers are like the fighter planes of wasp! I found one of them dead and we had a whole day of What is this dead bug at work. One wicked looking wasp! And I dont think they bother us do they?

No, they just look mean. They fly at you but don't bother you. They just want the cicadas.

Horseflies are evil. DEET won't ward them off. I had to deal with those things all the time last summer.

man up OEM! i think i may have to revoke your man-card, haha

Awww man...that's a nasty bite...yikes!! I hope you killed the buggie!!

They call them mayflies out here on the NC Outer Banks...annoying as hell...and painful...We use dryer sheets in our hats and pockets and golf bag to keep them away...

man everytime id go surfing in hatteras those things would be eating you even when you were in the water... and 1000x worse when getting on the beach and walking the 400yrds back to the truck

OEM, are you near a feed lot or horse barn? Those little buggers bite hard enough to spook a horse, they can stay off me. The dryer sheet really works, but I no longer keep one pinned to my hat, lol. If you flap your arms a lot between the cart and your ball they go away. Hey, it works man, really!

OEM, are you near a feed lot or horse barn? Those little buggers bite hard enough to spook a horse, they can stay off me. The dryer sheet really works, but I no longer keep one pinned to my hat, lol. If you flap your arms a lot between the cart and your ball they go away. Hey, it works man, really!

No they live in the woods around here I guess. This time every year they come out for a few weeks and start fights. What I don't understand is the golf courses don't have them. Current bite count: two on my head two on my right arm and about 20 dead flies lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

I tried the dryer sheet suggestion and it works. We used to keep a single penny in a ziploc bag that is full of water. Tack it up under the porch roof and no more flies. Who knows, maybe it works on golf carts too.

Lol, you meant eye-balls deep, right?

Every since moving to the high desert, I have not missed the mosquitoes, horse flies, or any other biting insect.

I tried the dryer sheet suggestion and it works. We used to keep a single penny in a ziploc bag that is full of water. Tack it up under the porch roof and no more flies. Who knows, maybe it works on golf carts too.

ive heard about this... does that really work?

So how does the dryer sheet thing work? You stick it on your hat? lol duey is probably lhao about this, look at these fools haha

ive heard about this... does that really work?
Yeah it works. I had one up at my store for years. We leave the door open all day and we don't get many flies inside. When you take it down, the flies seem to be much worse.

LMAO, I was over at a guys house yesterday (actually it was his dad's house) and they had a ziploc bag full of water above the door from the garage to the kitchen. We were trying to figure out what the hell it was there for.... now I think I know.

LMAO, I was over at a guys house yesterday (actually it was his dad's house) and they had a ziploc bag full of water above the door from the garage to the kitchen. We were trying to figure out what the hell it was there for.... now I think I know.

Lmao! And of all places to find what you seek, a golf forum. Who knew!! But, is it for FLIES or horseflies?? These horseflies are super insects. Off=on. Wasp killer? They come back for more. Im looking into a flame thrower. Until I can find one hairspray bottle and lighter might work.

Back