Ty Tryon Returns in a "Major" Way

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Doing a little field research I came across an interesting name of someone that qualified for the US Open. Ty Tryon! The phenom that came out of amateur status in his teens with giant paid entourage and life coaches in tow. He is 26 now and qualified.

So what do you think? Will he make the cut?

wow, i remember him, he was in HS when he earned his tour card. Also used to be in some of the Tiger Woods video games.

I did not know he was still playing..is he on the nationwide tour? I don't think he will make the cut and I can guarantee he won't be one of my picks in the cobra contest.

I hope he does. He's had an interesting early life. I don't know enough about his game to hazard a guess. He's been knocking around in Asia, correct?

Kevin

read he shot 64-74 in the qualifier

• Admin
Neither really. He qualified as a Monday qualifier to get into a Nationwide event in 2008 or 2009. Other than that, nothing really.

Let's throw the THP support behind him. Quick, put him on the cover of the magazine. I'll write a short article.

Kevin

Haven't heard that name in a long time. It'd be nice for him to make the cut. It's always cool for long shots to advance to the weekend. It's what Opens are all about.

• Admin
Ty Tryon is playing a SeeMore...mFGP

+5 so far today

Back