ESPN U.S. Open Best Ball Challenge

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I created a group. You can change your roster for every round. I think we did this for the Masters. Sorry it's so late, I didn't realize they were doing this.

NOTE: This is not an official THP contest. No prizes will be awarded, this is simply for bragging rights.

Join here: http://games.espn.go.com/majors/en/frontpage. PLEASE USE YOUR THP USERNAME OR SIMILAR.

Group name: THP US OPEN
Password: hackers

This game is actually set up as a "Majors" challenge, but if we do this, we'll just set it up for each major as it happens.

Rules:

Your Roster
Best Ball Majors Challenge rosters are composed of four golfers equal to/or under a fifty(50) million dollar salary cap. In order for a roster to be complete, four roster slots must be filled while keeping the total roster value equal or under the salary limit.

Players select their roster for each round of the tournament. There is no limit to the number of transactions that may be made. All changes to foursomes must be made by the respective start time of each major:

Segment 1: U.S. Open Championship

Round One - June 17, 2010, 10:00am ET
Round Two - June 18, 2010, 10:00am ET
Round Three - June 19, 2010, 10:00am ET
Round Four - June 20, 2010, 10:00am ET

NOTE: Golfers with a red background indicate that the golfer is no longer in the upcoming tournament. If you do not change this golfer, you will not get points for his roster spot.

Creating a Roster:

To assemble your roster on the freeagency page, first choose the slot for the new golfer by clicking on the yellow "Edit" button on the left side of the Roster. Once a golfer slot has been selected, the slot will be highlighted. You can only select one slot at a time.
With a golfer slot selected, find a golfer to add to your team and click the green ADD button. Golfers that were currently in that spot will now be replaced with the new golfer.
Once you have added a golfer to your roster, you either select another golfer, or drop that golfer entirely. Dropping a golfer will return the golfer to the free agent pool. You cannot submit a foursome with less than four golfers.
As you add players to your team, your total money spent will be calculated. If you exceed your budget, your currency totals will be highlighted in red. If your total money spent is under the salary cap, your current totals will be highlighted in green. You cannot submit a foursome that exceeds the fixed salary cap.
Once you have filled your team, click the "Save Team" button to continue.

Scoring
The Promotion uses a bestball scoring format. During the tournament, the hole-by-hole score for each of the golfers on your foursome will be compared for each hole of the tournament. The lowest number of strokes credited to a golfer on your foursome will be your score for each hole (Example: If three golfers finish a hole with four strokes and one finishes with three, you will receive a score of three). The scores for each regulation hole (playoffs not included) will be aggregated and will represent your final score for the round.

An entrant's entry will accumulate points based on the daily percentile ranking of his or her entry. For example, if an entry finishes in the 90th percentile upon the conclusion of the round the entry will receive 90 points. From all eligible entries received, the winners will be determined based on their ability to use their skill and knowledge of the PGA Tour to accumulate the highest overall score during the four Segments. In the event the scheduled PGA event listed does not occur as scheduled (e.g., the tournament is cancelled, postponed, etc.) no points will be awarded. Any golfer withdrawing from a tournament will get credited for completed rounds, but not for partially completed rounds.

We have a grand total of TWO people in this so far!

This starts tomorrow!

Make that 4 :D

Cinco de Mayo

Just want to keep this up for a while longer. Come on guys!

Give me a few minutes and I'll be in.

We're up to seven people.

Looks like the close of this is 10 AM Eastern time tomorrow. That means I'll probably bump it up at least one more time tomorrow morning!

I'm in...thanks for setting this up smalls

Cool, I was just about to bump this up again!

Just jumped in it!

One more hour. We're up to ten people. Any other takers?

I'm in, thanks. Can't wait to watch this year's US Open, I love watching golf at pebble.

After Day One:

NK ENTRY, TOTAL PCT
1 wilwinitall -10 95.3
2 claycribbs -9 88.9
2 onetwcu -9 88.9
2 dirt_guy -9 88.9
2 dtak entry -9 88.9

6 Smallville -6 46.4
6 HackBlack -6 46.4
6 ddec -6 46.4

9 Golf Chick -5 31.5
9 IceyBall -5 31.5

11 couldbeu -4 18.7
12 rbelbin -3 11.7

Leader of the pack! :banana:

All new golfers for tomorrow. Too bad there is no prize.

Leader of the pack! :banana:

All new golfers for tomorrow. Too bad there is no prize.

Yep, don't forget you can set a completely new roster every day. The cutoff time is 10:00 AM Eastern.

I'm in for the last three rounds, gotta make up some serious ground

Good luck! I hope you don't pass me up! LOL

I stink!!! I tried updating my players yesterday but the site wasn't working for me and kept giving me an error and wanted to shut down....darn work computer...so I guess I'm stuck with what I've got :(

I've got four new guys in play for this round, we'll see how they turn out!!!

i put 3 new guys in...had shaun micheel yesterday, benched him today

I only changed one guy around. Phil was my major disappointment yesterday. I kept him because I still have faith in him. I hope he can pull it together today and make the cut!

Back