KUJayhawks

Reaction score
Handicap
20100215_100215m2.jpg

So whats the down low on these irons? I was reading the thread about what's in tour players bags and was curious if anyone was gaming these. When are they coming out? Will THP be getting any? TIA.

20100215_100215m2.jpg

So whats the down low on these irons? I was reading the thread about what's in tour players bags and was curious if anyone was gaming these. When are they coming out? Will THP be getting any? TIA.

They are not in anybodys bag. That is a Japan iron. There are RUMORS of TM making forged irons in 2011, but will not be releasing anything like this before then.

Thanks JB. As always, I'm sure you'll keep us updated on anything new that comes out.

They are not in anybodys bag. That is a Japan iron. There are RUMORS of TM making forged irons in 2011, but will not be releasing anything like this before then.

I will never understand the rationale behind that kind of marketing. Why limit your best iron to the smallest market you can find and try to amortize the set up costs over small quantities??

I will never understand the rationale behind that kind of marketing. Why limit your best iron to the smallest market you can find and try to amortize the set up costs over small quantities??

Agreed. But dang, these things make me want to visit japan. they are sweet

The Japan market is much larger then you think.

Not sure how you know it is their best iron, but they make clubs very differently for both markets because the demand is very different. You cannot sell cast clubs in Japan. They dont sell. Here consumers have some different views. If you take a look at the THP The Magazine Spring Issue, John Hoeflich interview, he talks about what is needed for a club to sell in Japan.

Its not just this industry, every industry is different depending on their clubs.

Back