Official US Open Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Duval today...had it to +2, shot 31 on the front and followed it with a 43 on the back. No wonder they stopped showing him after the 14th.

heres the biggest difference I see. most Phil fans have great respect for Tigers game. on the other hand Tiger fans act like Phil has no game and just gets lucky when Tiger has a "off" round. sorry but you dont win 4 majors and 3 green jackets with no skill and just getting lucky

You're not wrong. My watching has been patchy at best before probably a couple months ago. And when Phil beats Tiger in a big way the next time (now that I've seen Tiger actually be competitive after his ... issues), I look forward to you going "see?!?!?!? seeeeeeeee!?!?!?" haha

And it's kinda funny that I had a wonderful nap through most of Phil's round yesterday haha. I'll cheer for his great shots just as I'll cheer for Tiger's, I just don't think that cheering for shots necessitates cheering for the individual making them. I'm not rooting for Tiger to win, but I'll root all day for him to do something incredible.

You do realize that Phil has won majors when Tiger was at his peak right? I too cheer for great golf, but I also care who makes them. I love seeing TW hit the ball well again, but to me watching people come out of the wood work as if he is leading the US Open by shooting 60 when he just shot the same thing Phil did the day before and say "its over" is a bit much.

He very well could win this tomorrow. Not sure, he is playing great. But so are quite a few others.

I actually think some of the fans that use the I don't care about his personal life cliche actually admire his disgusting actions.

Kevin

I think thats a bit of a stretch and infact quite insulting. I don't condone what he did and definately don't admire him for it. What I DO admire is his ability to play golf and the excitement he brings to the entire sport. I pray for you Phil fans that they never find anything that he has done off of the course to be distasteful because that reputation is all he has.

I was always a Tiger guy, but have softened my stance on Phil. I have always thought he had an enormous amount of talent. I even have his short game dvd now! After winged foot I did not think he would win another Major. I was there for that debacle, I have never heard a place go so quiet.

David Simms

Do you have anything to back that up? Because we see guys at tons of tournaments after the rounds and he is one of hte most well liked and respected out there. The same can NOT be said for others.

heres the biggest difference I see. most Phil fans have great respect for Tigers game. on the other hand Tiger fans act like Phil has no game and just gets lucky when Tiger has a "off" round. sorry but you dont win 4 majors and 3 green jackets with no skill and just getting lucky

Ding Ding Ding

Really? This thread proves different, just look at all the attacks at Tiger the last few pages.

I got tremendous respect for Phil, and if it weren't for Tiger he might have gone down as the greatest player of this era. But the numbers speak for themselves, not to mention the shot at 18. Tiger made his, Phil's on Thursday got wet....

thanks for proving my point

I think thats a bit of a stretch and infact quite insulting. I don't condone what he did and definately don't admire him for it. What I DO admire is his ability to play golf and the excitement he brings to the entire sport. I pray for you Phil fans that they never find anything that he has done off of the course to be distasteful because that reputation is all he has.

Do you have anything to back that up? Because we see guys at tons of tournaments after the rounds and he is one of hte most well liked and respected out there. The same can NOT be said for others.

"QUET PLEASE MARSHALL"

He said some. And if something comes up with Phil, my feelings will be the same they are for Tiger. But TW fans always say they "admire great golf"......

Spoiler
As long as its not Phil...hehe

Look I'm no Phil fan and smirk when I see the Phil-Choke...But the guy is a great golfer, he has a bunch of wins, 4 Majors, and I could easily see him win another one or two.

Their are Tiger fans who respect Phils golf.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

very true. I wont lie, I used to hate phil because I loved tiger so much. Now I love both of their games.
He said some. And if something comes up with Phil, my feelings will be the same they are for Tiger. But TW fans always say they "admire great golf"......

Spoiler

Hey JB.....I wasn't on the thread yesterday when Phil was lighting it up. Was there as much excitement on the thread as there was for Tigers round? I am just curious?

haha I like both Tiger's and Phil's game. What drives me nuts about Phil is he can hit the worst drive EVER and still make birdie...... I would love to see Tiger and Phil grouped together and feed off each other and both make a run.

Hey JB.....I wasn't on the thread yesterday when Phil was lighting it up. Was there as much excitement on the thread as there was for Tigers round? I am just curious?

haha sarcasm much?

Spoiler

Not a lot of consistency in the old "admire great golf" stance is there?

Kevin

Of course not. Different type of fans.

nope, there where a few nice shot phil and stuff like that but nothing compared to the atleast 5 pages that tiger got praised for today.. he deserved it but phil didnt get near as much.. and o check that thread u commented on mine earlier seeing whcih grips u had..

Of course not. Different type of fans.

I guess they really are. It is quite interesting to see. The thing I have also noticed is they actually give each other a little bit of respect when it comes to their golf game of late. This never happened years ago.

A certain SI sports writer and I just had a great conversation about the difference between Tiger fans and Phil fans. He brought up an interesting point I had not thought of and that is age. He says the difference he would wager is about 7 years age on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back