Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I love hearing from them to. I was reffering to the fact that these are different events and it would nice to hear more about this event.
We're in kind of a dry spell on info. When the THP guys get back from Callafornia we'll probably have more to talk about. We've got our shaft orders in but that's it so far, the equipment ponder deadline isn't approaching just yet.

Well considering your track record with bets I would say #TeamDev is in trouble then

Nah...

Hawkins-Essay-1999-Ryder-Cup-092312-thumb.612x344.ashx_-600x337.jpg

I got your back Ron. Even if you don't want me to.

Watching people come in on 18 from that deck is truly magical!

Actually - now's a good time to ask this question for the folks playing this year, as Kevin just finished going through True Blue. Based on the input from the folks who have played the course in past years, is there anything you're thinking about changing or focusing on from a preparation standpoint? Any changes to your thoughts on a potential set makeup?

Actually - now's a good time to ask this question for the folks playing this year, as Kevin just finished going through True Blue. Based on the input from the folks who have played the course in past years, is there anything you're thinking about changing or focusing on from a preparation standpoint? Any changes to your thoughts on a potential set makeup?

For me being a shorter hitter, my plans don't change off the tee but my approach becomes more intense. Seeing the approach shots that I might have, I'm focusing on short game. It's my weak point and I need to make it my strong point in this event. Being able to get up and down will be key to winning holes in this event.

For me being a shorter hitter, my plans don't change off the tee but my approach becomes more intense. Seeing the approach shots that I might have, I'm focusing on short game. It's my weak point and I need to make it my strong point in this event. Being able to get up and down will be key to winning holes in this event.

So damn true. There will be some good shots hit into greens but inevitably not a ton of birdies get made. Being able to get up/down to save par while opponent misses the 10 foot birdie putt is HUGE. Demoralizes an opponent quickly when you keep doing it.

I am very short game focused right now. I feel like the ability to get up and down will be more important than anything else in this event.

Nope. I'm a short hitting high handicap, so my game isn't like most people's games. I've got my plan for both clubs and courses and I'll be sticking to it.

I don't think anything changes for me based on True Blue's design. Since we don't know what tees we are playing it would be premature to start changing one's game plan based on guessing yardages.
The previous MC players chiming in and saying 17/18 greens are "tough to putt, par is a good score" just emphasizes the importance of short game for me.

On equipment, are you guys getting choices on driver shafts or will drivers be stock shafts? If you get choices I am interested to see what everyone chose

On equipment, are you guys getting choices on driver shafts or will drivers be stock shafts? If you get choices I am interested to see what everyone chose
Been on the edge of my seat waiting to find this out. I know I saw a post about it being soon so maybe next week after #theking.

While there has been discussion about this, there has been no announcement made on which drivers will be available to us.

No clue dude. Some speculation but for now that's all it is.

No equipment shifts for me in terms of makeup. Once we know what tees well play from club selection may change - ie. Hitting 3W instead of driver - but that's something I'll deal with when the time comes. For now I'm working really hard on mid-iron and wedge accuracy, as well as short game and putting. Refining those areas will be difference makers IMO.

Absolutely agree. True Blue is all about the approach and short game, as you've seen first hand. Lots of room to screw up with the driver.

Nothing yet, but I was only able to test drive the 715 with stock and G series shaft, and between those two, I think I preferred the G series and would mostly likely choose it if it's an option. Trying not to over think options and get something in my head though until we hear something definitively.

Like the other guys said, nothing announced yet. Pretty sure the D200 will be on the table for Wilson Staff guys since it's their only driver. :D

I imagine that once equipment orders are available you'll see tons of public pondering from those of us who haven't already decided.

I really want Mike to answer this question, because I know precisely what his response would be.

But for now, don't know. What I can say is that I hit the D200 driver and d200 3w with stock shafts. I hit the driver first, and the stock shaft was doable, but wouldn't be the first pick. Then, much to my surprise, hit the 3w with stock shaft, and it was just a money machine. If we get shaft options on the woods, I'll try them out, but I honestly may not change the stock shaft in the 3w.

As to prep work after hearing past MCers comments on the TB holes. No, it hasn't changed, but that's probably because I already knew what needed the most work, which is short game. Course info aside, a solid short game is a big part of match play. Good thing my home course is about 2/3 short game shots.

~Rock

Who's spending time working in the sand?

I love waste bunkers :) maybe it is because I hit out of them so much

For the bad rep they get, I've almost always had pretty good success from the bunkers there.

About the worst shot I can remember was 17 on Caledonia with the green about 8 feet above me. The sand hadn't been touched after the rain from the day before and kind of looked like the ocean with rolling waves.

Who's spending time working in the sand?

My course doesn't have bunkers. :banghead:

But, I realize my weakness here. When my lessons start about mid-May, my instructor knows that one lesson will be devoted entirely to bunker play. Particularly green side bunker play. I've always done pretty well out of fairway bunkers.

~Rock

My course doesn't have bunkers. :banghead:

But, I realize my weakness here. When my lessons start about mid-May, my instructor knows that one lesson will be devoted entirely to bunker play. Particularly green side bunker play. I've always done pretty well out of fairway bunkers.

~Rock
I think one dynamic that makes the bunkers and waste bunkers in this Area unique is you have variations if his fluffy they are depending where they are on the course. Many waste bunkers are hard then you get green side and they get fluffy . Gives many fits

Back