golf ball face off

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Well, thanks to the supreme generosity and class of some of my fellow members, I have been able to procure the following models of High end golf balls:

Z-Star Tour Yellow
TaylorMade Penta
Bridgestone B330-RXS

Sometime later in the week I will also have the following:

Titleist Pro V1
Nike One Tour

Short game testing will begin tomorrow, with a range session later in the week to test out long-game properties. Tuesday of next week I will take these all to a golf course to test real life playability and overall performance. The same criteria will be used for some mid-range ball testing and reviews that will come probably next week.

I am new to the equipment testing game, and by no means do I wish to replace JB and GG, but I would like to offer another view point. I would be happy to take requests for me to put the balls through different tests that ya'll can think of that I miss.

Initial short game testing of the first three balls will be up by noon tomorrow.

cool good for you aggro! enjoy and let us know how you do!

o i see how it is, just not even going to give my 20 golf balls im giving you a chance to shine and beat em all out lol

yeah alot of us will tell you the same thing. its like a big family here on THP land

o i see how it is, just not even going to give my 20 golf balls im giving you a chance to shine and beat em all out lol

lmao, there is a reason they dont let peewee football play in the nfl, friend.

lol, when they come in they will be compared as well. Thanks.

haha u know im just messin with you.. but they wont come close to those 5 because those are pretty much the top balls out.. but who knows u might like one of the 10 different titleist brands your getting lol

haha u know im just messin with you.. but they wont come close to those 5 because those are pretty much the top balls out.. but who knows u might like one of the 10 different titleist brands your getting lol

Thus the reason for the far funnier edit above :D

hahahaha good stuff.. but let us know how you like them.. ur gunna love that penta, z star, and bstone ball... havent hit the new rxs yet but its suppose to be awesome.. and the z star and penta are just on a level of there own... ur going to have some tough choices to make on which ball to stick with haha.. im going through 3 balls right now as well.. penta, z star and bstone e6..

Looking forward to your thoughts aggro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks to an EPIC face off of golf ball proportions! Those first three balls are all fantastic balls, I like the yellow color but I think in feel the Penta cant be beat. Look forward to your epic results!

epic post Kev lol

This looks to an EPIC face off of golf ball proportions! Those first three balls are all fantastic balls, I like the yellow color but I think in feel the Penta cant be beat. Look forward to your epic results!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!!!

He'll prolly like them all to some degree!

Be interested to hear your thoughts on each ball, and hopefully you'll find a ball to suit you out of that lot!

Okay guys, I went out and hit wedges and short irons today, and here are my results.

Wedge Testing

I set up the Penta, Zstar, and B330-RXS, as well as my current ball, NXT Tour and hit several different short game shots, incluging chips, flops, and 20-30 yard pitches. I want to get something out of the way here. All 3 are magnificent balls, and if they suit your game, you would be ill advised not to pick up a box. That said...

Penta- Beautiful. The clear winner. It did whatever I wanted it to. It spun beautifully, and was soft as silk. On flop shots it flew nice and high, and dropped dead. I actually had a little difficulty adjusting to this kind of performance, but when I did, it was so much easier to control than anything I have ever played before.

Z- Star- The runner up. It performed very nicely in all of the wedge shots, but never seemed to quite match the Penta. I had no problem seeing where it landed though. The yellow/green color works very well.

B330-RXS- This, for me performed a little bit better than the NXT, but not quite as well as the two above. It rolled a little more on landing, and didn't feel as soft.

Coming off of the irons, they were all very similar. I wont be able to give you exact results until I hit the range, but they all had very comperable distances.

Durability

As is to be expected, te softer corvers showed a little scuffing, but no major cuts or scratches. The Penta is the least durable, with a few visible scuffs, but once again, nothing that would limit performance.

These are all shaping up to be excellent balls, with the Penta out in front. When I get the Nike One Tour and the Pro V1 in I will take all 5 to the range for long game testing.

Good review. to bad those pentas are 20 more bucks a dozen than the nxt lol

o and be sure to hit them off the driver to! i want to see which one is easier to control...Just dont lose them haha

Good review. to bad those pentas are 20 more bucks a dozen than the nxt lol

o and be sure to hit them off the driver to! i want to see which one is easier to control...Just dont lose them haha

I am gonna try to go to the range tomorrow or friday. I can't thursday thanks to fooball practice. Grrrr.....

Lol, it's good to hear your having a fun time with the balls. That's about the order I'd rank them in as well. Just dont lose them before you get a chance to really play them!

BTW, which one are you going to play on the 29th?

Lol, it's good to hear your having a fun time with the balls. That's about the order I'd rank them in as well. Just dont lose them before you get a chance to really play them!

BTW, which one are you going to play on the 29th?

I will be using all of them at one point or another, since it is just a casual round, and I wont be able to go again for around a month.

great stuff so far aggro

Okay guys, I went out and hit wedges and short irons today, and here are my results.

Wedge Testing

Durability

As is to be expected, te softer corvers showed a little scuffing, but no major cuts or scratches. The Penta is the least durable, with a few visible scuffs, but once again, nothing that would limit performance.

That's the one thing stopping me fron switching to the Penta's. I really liked the Taylor Made TP Reds but they scuffed up soooo easily. Penta's got the same problem. But it does perform though.

That's the one thing stopping me fron switching to the Penta's. I really liked the Taylor Made TP Reds but they scuffed up soooo easily. Penta's got the same problem. But it does perform though.

Yeah, I mean, its not bad, but it is there. I will be interested to see how it holds up on the course. not a lot of water there, so no worries about it going for a swim.

Good review so far Aggro! :thumb:

Back