Cobra Baffler Rail Hybrid

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Baffler Rail hybrid from Cobra Golf arrived in our offices today for review. Thought we should take a few pictures for everybody. Do not forget that we are giving away up to 5 of these for the US Open Contest THP & Cobra are putting on.

895488882_wGima-L-1.jpg

895488908_PvPk2-L-1.jpg

895488852_MBizX-L-1.jpg

895488930_JRqWX-L-1.jpg

I like these...

very traditional shape. I wonder if the rails on the bottom can make it more adept at shots from fairway bunkers?

I'm in the hunt for a hybrid and I hit this (indoors) last night.

First off...its a very pretty club. I love the shaft designs, too. Liked the grip.

It hit the stiff 3I (19degrees) and it felt meaty at contact (indoors so no idea of flight or distance). I could feel the club well during the swing.

Two things I didn't like: I found it a bit odd to setup square, since the edge near the hosel curls in (see pics above). Also, I miss the metal top coming from an old hibore...i'm scared of scratching it if I go under the ball in rough.

Interested to read your review!

I'm in the hunt for a hybrid and I hit this (indoors) last night.

First off...its a very pretty club. I love the shaft designs, too. Liked the grip.

It hit the stiff 3I (19degrees) and it felt meaty at contact (indoors so no idea of flight or distance). I could feel the club well during the swing.

Two things I didn't like: I found it a bit odd to setup square, since the edge near the hosel curls in (see pics above). Also, I miss the metal top coming from an old hibore...i'm scared of scratching it if I go under the ball in rough.

Interested to read your review!

i dont see how the rails would do anything positive indoors

I see they went with solo color on the crown as opposed to the 2 finish like the TWS model I have.

Definitely a good looking club! Looking forward to your thoughts on it JB, especially with the contest coming up!

WOW! They sure fit my style just right. I hit some of the newer hybrids at a Cobra demo day a couple months back. I believe they had the rails but man were they sweet hitting hybrids. Looking forward to the review.

I am bringing my surfboard to Florida and leaving my golf clubs behind :golf3: Nawwwwwww I am about to go out in the hot sun and hit a bunch of balls and just maybe be ready for our two man nine hole scramble this evening at 6:00 p.m. Last week I told my wife to go ahead and play with someone else as I was not ready to compete with the mechanics I am working with right now..... I am getting a little closer each day so I can see that little speck of light at the end of the tunnel. Why do some people have to work sooooooooooo hard to play this game. It is a game right? :eek:)...... I think I have asked that quetion once before.... Well one thing is for sure. Monopoly never pissed me off as much as this game called golf :angry:

save yourself the travel charges and rent when you get there
WOW! They sure fit my style just right. I hit some of the newer hybrids at a Cobra demo day a couple months back. I believe they had the rails but man were they sweet hitting hybrids. Looking forward to the review.

I am bringing my surfboard to Florida and leaving my golf clubs behind :golf3: Nawwwwwww I am about to go out in the hot sun and hit a bunch of balls and just maybe be ready for our two man nine hole scramble this evening at 6:00 p.m. Last week I told my wife to go ahead and play with someone else as I was not ready to compete with the mechanics I am working with right now..... I am getting a little closer each day so I can see that little speck of light at the end of the tunnel. Why do some people have to work sooooooooooo hard to play this game. It is a game right? :eek:)...... I think I have asked that quetion once before.... Well one thing is for sure. Monopoly never pissed me off as much as this game called golf :angry:

save yourself the travel charges and rent when you get there

When Kelly and I got married, I bought us a couple of really nice hard shell golf travel bags. They have wheels on the bottom and are not very large bags but hold everything quite well. I spent a chunk on these but they say you can even drive a car (I would not try it :eek:)... ) over these and your clubs would be secure.... I'm not worried about my clubs as I have to leave all my cobras home. I'm bringing a put together set of stuff and KellyBo is coming with the good stuff :eek:)....

I like the look of this hybrid too. With all the hybrids arriving at THP HQ lately, is there a hybrid shootout #2 on the horizon? I plan on doing my own Hybrid Shootout at the fall outing with whatever is there.

I will be getting one very soon :)

I want one. Bad.

Bump on the hybrid shootout comment...when is the next one?

I might pick this up, since the DST I bought isn't sitting well.

Later this fall.

Its funny, biggsy and I both hit this side by side against the DST on Friday. We were both just shaking our heads in the fact that neither one of us thought this one held a candle in terms of distance and feel. Just our opinions obviously, but two very different golfers both trying out the same clubs.

Later this fall.

Its funny, biggsy and I both hit this side by side against the DST on Friday. We were both just shaking our heads in the fact that neither one of us thought this one held a candle in terms of distance and feel. Just our opinions obviously, but two very different golfers both trying out the same clubs.

JB, what was the biggest difference between the Cobra and the DST?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB, what was the biggest difference between the Cobra and the DST?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

about 15 yards of distance and it just does not have the same feel. We found the feel kind of muted and/ hollow in comparison. Still a very good hybrid, but I would not compare the two.

JB,

Were you guys hitting it off grass, mats, tees and did you see a difference? I only hit mine off an old driving range mat (no tee) but just curious.

And I'm very excited for the next hybrid shoutout.

JB,

Were you guys hitting it off grass, mats, tees and did you see a difference? I only hit mine off an old driving range mat (no tee) but just curious.

And I'm very excited for the next hybrid shoutout.

We only have grass in our area, so no mats used.

interesting stuff here. i hit the baffler rail hybrid at the local demo day a couple of weeks ago and liked it quite a bit. i wouldn't replace the machspeed, but so far i haven't found anything that can. i think that cobra has a winner with the baffler series of hybrids though.

I hit this at the GG and I liked it. Obviously hitting indoors is one thing so I'll reserve the full opinion until I get a full on whack at the demo day in September.

Unfortunately this club will most likely not be at the Fall demo unless someone brings it. Cobra does not supply clubs for demos without a sales rep present. That is their policy.

Unfortunately this club will most likely not be at the Fall demo unless someone brings it. Cobra does not supply clubs for demos without a sales rep present. That is their policy.

Awww, drat.

i'm not sure i understand that policy at all. i wonder if that policy will change once cobra-puma golf really starts taking over.

i'm not sure i understand that policy at all. i wonder if that policy will change once cobra-puma golf really starts taking over.

Not with us, because the same person is our contact. We have a great relationship with them of course, and think highly of the brand, but they do not believe in sending things out for demos. They also do not participate in shoot outs at all because they do not send equipment out that has not been fit to the testers.

It is a shame, because I think some consumers will say "What about me that picks it up off the rack at the store?" and to be honest, I agree. I wish it were different and the consumers can decide for themselves if it worked at our demo days. I mean lets face it, we have every single brand on the planet out there. But this brand prefers to do it a different way and of course that is their choice.

Back