Anyone playing adams a3 OS iron set with 3 - 5 hybrids

JohnnyNight

Reaction score
Handicap
Was interested if anyone here is playing the Adams a3 OS iron set.

It's got the boxer hybrids.

Good prices on the set right now.

Thanks

Was interested if anyone here is playing the Adams a3 OS iron set.

It's got the boxer hybrids.

Good prices on the set right now.

Thanks

I just bought this set a month or two ago. The hybrids have not made it into my bag yet, but I love the irons. High and straight.

I've played the whole set (3-PW) for almost a year now. I've have some difficulty with the 3 sometimes, but that's more me than anything else. They are a great set IMO. They are cheaper right now because they are discontinued. Adams no longer makes them. They are still good clubs though.

Looking at my post, I probably could have given some more info. Forgive me, it was just after 5am when I posted it.

When I bought these, I was looking for a cheaper SGI set of clubs. I demoed some others and liked the a3OS the best. I didn't try out any of the later generations (a4, a7) due to their price. I had the chance to order just the irons 6-PW off the bay for about 100.00, but decided to get the whole set for around 300.00.

I absolutely love the irons. I have added height and distance to my good shots and my slight mishits are not as penalizing. They work well out of the rough and off the fairway. I can chip and hit punch shots if needed. I find myself using all of them with confidence. One thing to know is: no irons are going to help you with a really crappy shot. However, if you need some help getting the ball in the air and forgiveness of small errors, they will work well.

I haven't had a chance to use the hybrids that much yet. I took them to the range when I first got them and at an Executive 9 once. Didn't have a chance to use them more than a few times, but they worked alright. I will say that they set up nice and sound really sweet at impact. For now they are not in my bag. I have too much success with my other hybrids, so no need to replace them. I'm holding onto them in the hopes that they will change my mind. Most likely, I just need more time to get aquainted with them.

Looking back, I would have just got the irons instead of the whole set (and spent the 200.00 on something else), but I'm not upset that I have three extra hybrids to play around with. You should be able to find a set to demo. There are comparable iron sets for a similar price, so I would see what you like. For me, these were a great purchase.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Those were my first golf clubs a couple years ago and I loved them. I gave the irons to my brother when I bought a new set. He did need the hybrids so I kept them and still play from time to time. Great feeling clubs and at a great price now.

Thanks everyone, well I did order them actually not too long after I put the message up.

It's great to see there are some real positive views about them.

I had been looking at different sets for a while, and had hear some good things about
them, so this does look like a great deal.

Was going to get just some hybrids at first, but for the price 3 good hybrids, you could
just about get this whole set.

I also had a gift certificate sitting at Amazon for about 6 months which covered most of
the price, so I got them with the all graphite shafts from TGW through Amazon for the $399.

Last edited:
Back