Hacker Charlie

Reaction score
Handicap
D&D
Thinking about getting my SW and LW regripped. The grips on them, are in fine shape, but they are different, same brand/model club though. Maybe its all in my head, but I think I'd be better off if they had the same grips and new grips don't cost that much.

I was just wondering what y'alls thoughts on wedge grips are? My Irons have the stock Cleveland tour velvet type, similar to my LW. My SW has a "Tour Wrap" grip. They both have their pros and cons, but I can't tell much difference in feel of hitting balls. I'm thinking I want to try something different thatn what I'm accustomed to, and maybe even a larger diameter as I have rather large hands.

So lets hear some thoughts on wedge grips!

Last edited:
I would get something really tacky and firm. Help you with control and feedback. just my preference though...

All my grips match all the time. From driver through wedge.

i am about to test out both of these grips.. i will let you know how they work out if you want.. wont be till next week though.. they both come in the midsize grip to..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170497957060&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180524090573&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Looking forward to your first impressions of these! I really like the looks of the first ones, are those the same or similar to what Mickelson is using? I even like the all white ones, but they may be alittle too loud for me to personally use.

I think this is the direction I'd like to go, but I was curious if anybody liked different grips for different clubs/situations.

ya i am pretty positive they where. i know they where they same color scheme but not sure right down to the grip type. i couldnt see it that well. but i think they where.. and ya i really like the white ones alot but think they will just get real dirty fast, guess i will find out. haha

sweet lookin grips bridges

Looking forward to your first impressions of these! I really like the looks of the first ones, are those the same or similar to what Mickelson is using? I even like the all white ones, but they may be alittle too loud for me to personally use.

I think this is the direction I'd like to go, but I was curious if anybody liked different grips for different clubs/situations.

Currently I have the Tour Velvets on my irons and hybrids, Tour Wrap 2G on my wedges and put an Itomic on my driver. For me, it was really about just trying some different grips for a change to see what I liked. I definitely prefer the 2Gs on my wedges, but am unsure if I am willing to put them on all my clubs just yet. I decided to try the Itomic after reading some reviews. So far I'm undecided if I like them enough.

well 25 bucks later i have both grips.. i know i know its ridiculous but i thought about it for a while and wasnt going to do it but decided if i can help people out here to with my testing of them, then i wud go for it so i did.. the multi cord was 8+5ship+2 for tax. the wrap was 4+5ship+1for tax.. it wud have been cheaper if i would have got more than one. just the shipping kinda threw the prices up but i will get them probably next week and give them a good testing through all kinds of things.. hands getting sweaty, with/without glove. get them dirty and see how well they clean up and couple over things.. pretty pumped to get them in..

wilwin do you have the all white tour wraps?

I have them in Red. Along with the Itomic in red. To go with my red bag and my red rooster.

post up some pictures, id like to see what they look like on the clubs, especially the itomic red..

I have the 2g's on everything and really like them. Very tacky and seem to hold up quite well. I'm curious how well the white ones hold up though.

+1 I think it's important to have the same grip/feeling for all clubs

I went ahead and popped for the Golf Pride Multi-Compounds Midsize, Red/Black. I LOVE the way the grip felt in the hand, on the club, and whatever it does to the club (if anythiny) as far as swing weight/feel of the club. Haven't hit any balls yet, but I think I'll try to brave the 95* weather outside and knock a few around in abit.

I went ahead and popped for the Golf Pride Multi-Compounds Midsize, Red/Black. I LOVE the way the grip felt in the hand, on the club, and whatever it does to the club (if anythiny) as far as swing weight/feel of the club. Haven't hit any balls yet, but I think I'll try to brave the 95* weather outside and knock a few around in abit.

let us know how it goes!

and 95*, you're lucky! its over a 100 here lol

let us know how it goes!

and 95*, you're lucky! its over a 100 here lol
Quit whining, I have football practice in this crap.

I use the same grips on all my clubs - Golf Pride's Tour Wraps. I'd like to try their Tour Wrap 2Gs next.

I have them in Red. Along with the Itomic in red. To go with my red bag and my red rooster.

Tacki Mac's Itomic grips or Iomic grips?

Last edited:
I almot hope I don't like them, because it will be close to $200 to get an entire set regripped around here evidently...

200??? you can get 13 of those grips for 110 bucks.. idk how much it cost for re gripping though..

200??? you can get 13 of those grips for 110 bucks.. idk how much it cost for re gripping though..

All 3 places I went, the grips were all within $1 of each other on price and "installation". It basically cost me $12 a club to get these grips put on. Maybe $200 was alitte of an overstatement, but not by much!

All 3 places I went, the grips were all within $1 of each other on price and "installation". It basically cost me $12 a club to get these grips put on. Maybe $200 was alitte of an overstatement, but not by much!

thats ridiculous! i hope i dont like them either lol

Make sure when you change grips that they fit your hands properly. A grip that is too big or too small can cause issues. One that is too big quiets the hands and hurts your ability to release the club head. One that is too small will allow that hands to be too active and can get you to become flippy at impact. Get fit for your grips!

As for style and texture go with what looks good to you and feels good in your hands. For me in Florida moisture is a big factor so I play the multi compound grips for the cord and texture.

Back