I'm without a 3wood......

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
so today i wandered into dick's, i was looking for the TM superfast 3wood. i've heard so many great things about it that i wanted to give it a test drive. i normally don't do much business at dick's but the simple truth is that they offer a little more gear to the lefties. i took some clubs in to trade, including my launcher 3 wood and my str8fit driver. the guy working there gave me way too much money for my driver and offered me a decent amount for the launcher. many of you know that i like the launcher but to be honest with you, if there's one club that i swap out more than others, for some reason it's the 3 wood. anyway, i had a good amount of credit built up so i went to demo mode.

i hit the diablo edge, the nike dymo quadkeel, and the TM burner. they had no superfasts (and to be honest i'm not even sure if TM makes the superfast for LH), no r9 3woods, and of course, no g15. according to the numbers all three were very similar. launch angles were almost identical, carry distance was all within 4-7 yards, and ball speeds were all really close, so it came down to feel. i immediately eliminated the dymo, it just felt heavy and clunky. in the end, i walked out with some new clothes, haha. i just couldn't decide between the edge or the burner and i know that i want to at least try the r9 and superfast, if it's available. so now i have no 3 wood in the bag, and i'm not so sure that i'll miss one. i've been thinking about it for most of the evening and i really think that my machspeed hybrid can be used where i'd use the 3wood. i'v also been considering trying to find a 16/17* hybrid, perhaps Adams' super black.

i don't know, i'm rambling more than anything, just thought i'd let you guys know that i don't have a 3 wood anymore.

Well TC at least you got a great deal on the trade in on you driver. And you walked out with (knowing you) some pretty sharp threads. As long as you hit the ball you may just be alright with the hybrid. You can really strike it well. But I have heard that superblack is the bomb.

clears throat... whispers Edge

Well TC at least you got a great deal on the trade in on you driver. And you walked out with (knowing you) some pretty sharp threads. As long as you hit the ball you may just be alright with the hybrid. You can really strike it well. But I have heard that superblack is the bomb.

i finally got to see a superblack, they had a couple in RH only, and they really are good looking. i really want to try one out sometime. i just don't find much use for a 3w so i'm thinking a stronger lofted hybrid might be the ticket.

clears throat... whispers Edge

haha, i figured you'd say that. i did like it a lot, but it didn't have any clear advantage over the burner to me. numbers don't lie to me and the burner outperformed it slightly for me. i'm sure it's a great club though. heck, you don't even have any fwy woods sunday!!! you need to change that man.

I think Sunday even putts with that Diablo Edge.:act-up:

Great self control. You tried some great clubs. The super black looks amazing. It also has the added benefits of super powers, so it has that going for it.

Hey TC atleast the clothes all come in left handed. lol

haha, that's true buddy! i guess this is one of those times where it sucks being friends with OEM kevin, that dude puts some serious bugs in my ear, haha.

how are ya man? you coming to pga national this fall?

3W?? who needs a friggin 3W... lol
My 17*, 2H, Sumo2 hybrid fits the bill nicely.... :act-up:

Sorry to hear about your 3 wood.....the good news is that they are still making them!!! YAY. Good start narrowing down the candidates but, do NOT decide before you get a chance to hit the Superfast. It is that good. Good Luck.

3W?? who needs a friggin 3W... lol
My 17*, 2H, Sumo2 hybrid fits the bill nicely.... :act-up:

i'm glad it's working out for you bama!!!!! the only problem is that my hybrid's 18* so i'm not sure that i even need anything in between. i rarely hit my 3w off the deck and if it's a shortish par 4 or longer par 3 the machspeed works just fine.

is that club still treating you well?

Sorry to hear about your 3 wood.....the good news is that they are still making them!!! YAY. Good start narrowing down the candidates but, do NOT decide before you get a chance to hit the Superfast. It is that good. Good Luck.

that's what i keep hearing man. does anyone know if they are even available in LH?

TC I dunno why you have such difficulty finding LH clubs. There is a chain out here called Roger Dunn. They always have a great deal of clubs for LH golfers. Guess you gotta fly out then we can go hit some clubs..

TC,

Sounds like you really might not NEED at 3W. But what does need have to do with anything.

Sounds like you still did ok TC....maybe you can leave the 3w out of the bag for a bit until you're able to hit a LH version of the kind you want?

I dunno, Ive been playing my 3W more and more lately so I think youre going to miss it. And yes the SuperFast 3W comes in LH. Taylor Made Burner Superfast specs
Ask and you shall receive!

have fun with it, add a second driver.

I know I know! cant hit em. use my 2 iron. although I am stalking around ebay for a Nickent 3 hybrid.

haha, i figured you'd say that. i did like it a lot, but it didn't have any clear advantage over the burner to me. numbers don't lie to me and the burner outperformed it slightly for me. i'm sure it's a great club though. heck, you don't even have any fwy woods sunday!!! you need to change that man.

LOL Sunday. My credo: If it works; it plays.

hahah dont think I wont try it one day now SMG! :act-up:

actually had to do that one time. It was when I first started getting back in the swing of things and didn't check my bag before going out. After a couple holes my friends dad finally asked me if I wanted to barrow his putter for the rest of the round.

The more I use my 3 wood (with a shorter, stiffer shaft), the more I see the advantage of having one that you can trust. I've lost all confidence in the driver for the time being so I ended up using the 3 wood on every hole but the first and ended up hitting almost every fairway. I can't see why you'd drop the launcher out of the bag. I absolutely love that club.

i'll sell you a brand new Cobra F Rail ;)

Back