What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice round BigLefty and bogey!

Today was my first round after finally getting rid the shanks. I had them for a full month.

72/128
6660 yds

4 doubles, 9 bogeys, 1 birdie, 4 pars
4 penalties... once I get rid of those... BREAKING 80 HERE I COME!

2 man best ball tom. with the dad on the same course. I need to play better than I did yesterday!

:D I finally did it!!!! I shot a 79 today! Yesterday I shot a 97 after an obvious mental meltdown on the course! I had been shooting in the low 80's for the past week but yesterday I blew up really bad. I read a little of the book Gray received in the mail this week called "Extraordinary Golf" and decided to work on my inner game a bit. Today I went out with the right attitude and really took in the beauty of the course and stayed relax. I never added my score until the very end and was SHOCKED that I had a 79. I had no idea. I figured it was going to be low 80's. I added it up over and over to make sure it was right. I have my last lesson today at 5 pm and it will be a playing lesson. I can't wait to tell my coach what a difference he has made!

That is wonderful news KellyBo!! Congratulations on the 79!!!

Thanks Rhino!! When I went to put my score in GHIN, it told me my score was out of my normal score range and to make sure it was correct. Too funny!

Awesome Kelly Bo!!!! Congrats!!!
I do not add until the end of the round as well....not even at the turn....keeps undue pressure off....

Thanks Rhino!! When I went to put my score in GHIN, it told me my score was out of my normal score range and to make sure it was correct. Too funny!

thats awesome

What did I shoot today...? Very nearly one of my playing partners.....now I don't mind who plays what but for me if you play in a competition you should at least know some of the basic rules and have some idea of etiquette.

Rummaging around in your bag while people are standing over their ball is pretty annoying...continually asking what stroke index each hole is when you have a freakin card in your pocket is pretty annoying on top of that, standing almost next to people when they are putting is pretty freakin annoying and when you walk round a pond with just your putter but find your ball in semi rough asking someone else if you can use their wedge is pretty freakin annoying. 3 hours for 11 holes --- just decided to stroll in and chill out. So NR for me today after a decent week generally.

Club champs tomorrow - let's hope that's better

Played my short par 62 course this morning. Shot 75. Felt pretty good about that. Had a two birdie chips that were tracking to the holes and both lipped out. So +13 for the day. Had some great drives with the new Diablo Edge Driver and iron play was pretty consistent today. My goal on this course is to shoot sub 70. Still working but hopefully will get there.

SMG

Saturday 6/26 Gordon Lakes Island/Lake 6500 yds
Humid warm morning 0804 tee time at #1

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 6
8 par 3 2
9 par 5 4

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 6
4 par 3 2
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 5
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 3
9 par 4 5

Score 35 Island/40 Lake - 75 (+3)

A perfect day for golf, a bit humid but nice. I get off to six pars outta the gate, tho I only hit 2 of those greens. Then, going for #7 in two from 242, I came over my 3W enough to get wet, and bogied. I recovered nicely with birdies at #8 & 9 to turn at -1. After wedging right over the rear flag at #10, I 3 jacked from the rear fringe tho just 18 feet away. Then at #12 it was another bogey after going for the par 5 in two from only 205 when the 3W again failed me. I hit 8I to 10 feet and birdied #13, but gave it right back away with a sloppy SW approach at #14. Then came my worst, a horrid 7I to the par 3 dunked in the right lake and a double bogey. I got some back by spinning a SW to 2 feet at #17 for birdie, but a drive pulled into the trees led to the bogey finish. I guess 75 is decent for only hitting 7 greens, but it felt like things were working well enough for much lower.

Last edited:
played terrible today. and commited the cardinal sin of submitting an NR after hitting a slice drive on the 8th which i thought was one fairway over but i didnt find the ball, and given we were already 2 hours to this point i didnt bother going back to hit another.

need to get more practice in. thats my handicap up .5 this season. :(

Good shooting Slam'in. I have played that course before it is a great one.

Brian, shake that one off for today. It happens. Tomorrow the course wont remember it.

UGH.. Played badlands from the tips yesterday. Last week I played the same course from the black (second from the back) and shot a 74. Yesterday I couldn't get anything going and put up an 82. I was leaking oil all over the course.

Wednesday I got in 36 holes with a buddy at a local muni and first 18 shot a 84 had a few 3 putts and then the second 18 shot a 79 cleaned up around the green a bit better. Then this mourning went to a water infested course and tossed up a 85 with 3 splashes so it was a meh day. 1 splash was a bad layup on a par 5 and it trickled into the water they had just cut the fairway rough down and my ball didnt hold up. Both courses played from the blues too.

I played Bethpage Black today. Off the white tees. Damn that course is tough. Just never lets up. Birdied the last for a 79, which was a pretty cool way to finish. Nothing else today was cool. It was roastingly hot. Trouble is if you carry enough water to keep yourself hydrated, your bag weighs about four tons.

I also decided that there is no fate bad enough for someone who would walk away from a bunker leaving a foot deep footprint without raking it. People like that deserve to spend eternity in the 9th circle of hell, along with Judas and co.

43, 42 for a disappointing 85 (disappointing because the front is way easier than the back). The back has 3 par 5's, the front, none so I should be at least 3 shots better on the front, not 1 shot worse. Oh well, parred all 3 par 5's and 4 other holes along with 1 birdie, so there were some highlights...

I shot an ugly 87 with two missed short eagle putts. Hope tomorrow goes better.

43, 42 for a disappointing 85 (disappointing because the front is way easier than the back). The back has 3 par 5's, the front, none so I should be at least 3 shots better on the front, not 1 shot worse. Oh well, parred all 3 par 5's and 4 other holes along with 1 birdie, so there were some highlights...

nice round! and hey the back nine might be easier, think of those par 5's as birdie oppurtunitys instead of being so long.. thats the way i have to play it or it just puts more pressure on myself.. but nice round!

Yesterday I played 27 holes. 41/42/36. Third nine got it going again.

Today shot a 70 at the same course. Picked up where I left off on the third 9 yesterday. Hit 14 of 18 greens and 31 putts. Very solid clean round.

Shot an awful 84 in a tournament today. Just garbage. I had 3 double bogies, 3 putted numerous holes, and just all around terrible play.

My 3 double bogies were so stupid/unlucky.

My first double came on 17 (started on 10) you can try and clear the water right across and go for the green or lay up. I decided to go for it. My ball cleared the water, hit something up ahead and bounced straight back into the water. -- 1st double.

My second one came when I was on a par 5 4th and I had 208 into the green with the wind. I hit a light 4 iron and sailed over the green into some water hazard on the par 3 behind it (and that water is a WAYS away)

My third double came when I hit my tee shot on a par 3 right, chipped on and missed my putt for par. I tried to stay clear of my partners line and used the back of my putter to knock it in it was around a 3 inch tap in. I whiffed it and moved the ball maybe half an inch.

I was just super unlucky today.

wow Dent...I can only dream of the day I shoot a 84 and consider it a bad day...

Shot an awful 84 in a tournament today. Just garbage. I had 3 double bogies, 3 putted numerous holes, and just all around terrible play.

My 3 double bogies were so stupid/unlucky.

My first double came on 17 (started on 10) you can try and clear the water right across and go for the green or lay up. I decided to go for it. My ball cleared the water, hit something up ahead and bounced straight back into the water. -- 1st double.

My second one came when I was on a par 5 4th and I had 208 into the green with the wind. I hit a light 4 iron and sailed over the green into some water hazard on the par 3 behind it (and that water is a WAYS away)

My third double came when I hit my tee shot on a par 3 right, chipped on and missed my putt for par. I tried to stay clear of my partners line and used the back of my putter to knock it in it was around a 3 inch tap in. I whiffed it and moved the ball maybe half an inch.

I was just super unlucky today.

Its days like that, that made me start working hard on playing to a number.

i think it may have been saturday that i turned an awesome round into a roy mcavoy. instead of hole 18 it was 16.

split the middle with my drive. 180 yards over a bunker. pin hard left. water up the left side. hook lie.

i emptied my bag down to one ball......and one loud mother effer.

120 - worst round of my life

by a long way too....still at least it was sunny but don't think I'll play again for a while now.

Posted in the Break 90 thread but I shot a 87, personal best, great day for me!!!!

Posted in the Break 90 thread but I shot a 87, personal best, great day for me!!!!

congrats on the milestone, i hope there are many more "personal bests" sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back