Diamana blue vs Voodoo..the 'For Titleist' versions that is.

Putty Man

Reaction score
Handicap
na
Took the internets advice and got fitted for a driver on Monday. The guy in the shop said they had a full Titliest fitting service, and as I had my eye on a 909D2 I thought this would be spot on.

Tried the 909D2 with the stock Diamana Blue for Titliest, it performed well. When I asked about the Voodoo for Titleist, the pro said it was s crap shaft and not to bother trying it. I stupidly agreed.

Bought the 909D2 with Diamana Blue and took it our for a few holes and a trip to the range. Lovely driver, fantastic feel and sound. However my ball flight is higher than I'd like. When I checked Titleist.com it said the Voodoo is Medium/Low launch while the Diamana Blue is Medium lanuch.

I called the shop to find out about trying the Voodoo, but the guy said it was actually higher launching than the Diamana Blue, despite what the offical spec says.

Does anyone have any experience of these shafts that can compare them?

Thanks.

I have the shaft in my Nike and I love it. I know its not the titleist version, but it helped me lower my ball flight incredibly. But im not coming from the Diamana Blue

Last edited:
I have the 909D3, and have tried both the Diamana and the Voodoo. The Voodoo is lower launching than the Diamana, it also is a little stiffer, but not much. I like the Voodoo better, hits the ground with some roll, great feel. That guy who told you it was crap did not want to bother with fitting you for it.

I agree with the above. It is not a crap shaft and actually as far as "made fors" go, its pretty close to the real thing. He clearly did not want to fit you. Its a little boardy for me and plays stiffer than its listed. But a solid shaft nonetheless.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate these opinions.

Its a 3.5 hour round trip to go back to the shop, but I think its worth it to at least give the Voodoo a try.

I put a Titleist Voodoo pullout in an old non-conforming r360 and to me it seems like a fine shaft with a mid-trajectory.Felt good to me ,not boardy at all.It felt to me a lot better than a DVS or NVS. I know I read somewhere that the Titleist shaft isn't the same as the regular Voodoo.

I've read the Titleist Voodoo has a slightly lower kick point than the real one, to launch the ball a bit higher.

I have the real one in my FT Tour but tried the Titleist version in a 909D2 when I was getting fitted. I thought that the Titleist version was a little less stiff and I couldn't control it as well as the FT Tour. I didn't notice any dramatic difference in ball flight other than the FT Tour went farther, but that could be because of many other reasons.

Called the shop last week and they said to swap to the Voodoo for Titleist (if I liked it) would cost £56! Tired my best to get back to the shop on Sunday but with a wife and 2 young kids, time is just too precious.

Anyway my final ques, would an averagge player like really notice the difference in these two shafts?

Called the shop last week and they said to swap to the Voodoo for Titleist (if I liked it) would cost £56! Tired my best to get back to the shop on Sunday but with a wife and 2 young kids, time is just too precious.

Anyway my final ques, would an averagge player like really notice the difference in these two shafts?

i would think so. i'm an average golfer and tested plenty of shafts at the THP spring outing and noticed a significant difference between all of the ones i tested. i have no experience with the diamana but use to have a voodoo in my str8fit, with a 9.5* head, and i currently have a 10.5* with the miyazaki black in it and it offers a much lower, penetrating ball flight that the nike. i know it doesn't really help but that's the only thing i can reference to. point is, there are definitely shafts out there that can help you achieve what you're looking for.

Back