UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

Fedor rules...everyone else sucks:act-up:

did you know he fought last september? he lost and promptly retired but damn...he was a killer back in the 90's

I didnt know! That guy was awesome. The killer stache was legendary!
did you know he fought last september? he lost and promptly retired but damn...he was a killer back in the 90's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol!!!!!!!! It was awesome. I didn't think either guy would ever stop! That Asian's guy head was very large.
You guys see that one fight he had against the big blonde Asian dude? One of the best slug-fests EVER!!!

Werdum wants to fight Fedor in a rematch next and not go after Ubereems title. And he wants to fight him in russia. hmmm.....

BJ Penn lost a piece of his ear while training for his remtach with Edgar.

New Fight Matrix heavyweight rankings has Lesnar #1, Werdum moves to #2 and Fedor drops to #3...but they also have Ray Mercer with his 1-0 record in the top 15 so take it for what you will...

I can't believe Werdum would throw away a title shot to fight Fedor again. Did he actually say that anywhere? One of the videos just said he would fight Fedor again, even if its in Russia, or atleast thats how I took it.

I would NOT want to be Fedor's next opponent!

I can't believe Werdum would throw away a title shot to fight Fedor again. Did he actually say that anywhere? One of the videos just said he would fight Fedor again, even if its in Russia, or atleast thats how I took it.

I would NOT want to be Fedor's next opponent!

Werdum has already asked for a rematch with Emelianenko, but so far, he says, Strikeforce has not made a decision.
"No, they told me they'd see (about the rematch), so let's enjoy this win and maybe they'll have me confront Overeem, but let's see," Werdum said. "I just beat the best of the world, I don't want to take a step backwards and fight against Overeem. I want to fight against Fedor in 6 to 8 months from now in Russia, Rocky Balboa style."

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Fabricio-Werdum-I-dont-want-to-take-a-step-backwards-and-fight-Overeem.html

Alistair Overeem wants Werdum next; says Fedor out of the picture (from same site as above)

"A loss is always a possibility, but naturally, I thought Fedor would beat him. It's about what the people want to see, what the organization wants and what I want. That all pointed to Fedor, but he declined to fight me last month in the May 15 show and he'd rather fight Werdum. Now he lost to him. It's changed everything. Fedor's a little bit out of the picture. He has one more fight on his (Strikeforce) contract and I don't know against who he'll fight. He might retire after that anyway. He might retire now. He's the X-factor. (Werdum) looked sharp, so all I can say is congratulations to him. I have a score to settle. I want to fight him." -Alistair Overeem

Current Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem reveals his desire to settle a previous loss to Fabricio Werdum in his next outing.

Overeem came up short against Werdum in the opening round of Pride's 2006 open weight grand prix tournament, succumbing to a second kimura. Werdum would go on to lose a unanimous decision to MMA legend Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in the quarterfinals.

It's unclear whether Strikeforce will capitulate to its champions wishes and grant him a shot at redemption against Werdum, but it appears unlikely at first glance.

Both Emelianenko and Werdum have expressed a strong interest in an immediate rematch and company president Scott Coker recently intimated that the fight could serve as the promotions first pay-per-view event.

It's clear that an immediate rematch between Werdum and Emelianenko would be best for Strikeforce financially, and the fight would obviously pull substantially more viewers than an Overeem-Werdum return engagement, so it stands to reason that the promotion would choice to go that route, leaving Overeem, and a heavyweight title fight, on hold for now.

It will be interesting to see how Strikeforce handles this. I think they should have Fedor on the same card (as Overeem/Werdum fight) but not go for an immediate rematch. What if he loses again to Werdum? Then they're screwed.

Werdum needs to take the title fight. These opportunities dont come often. He just seems all too eager to fight Fedor again. Like HC pointed out, he does not want to fight Fedor after the loss. I dont think anyone does.

I don't know...I have always liked Werdum...I honestly didnt think he had a chance in the world against Fedor...but of course I was wrong. I still think it was a fluke (conspiracy?) and Fedor would win a rematch. But you have to totally respect him to diss the title fight for a rematch with Fedor. My solution to this mess is a Pride rules tournament to decide the p4p best...

I go both ways with that thought on Werdum. Kinky. But really to not take it to fight him, is pretty cool but MAN. So risky. It could just mean he loves to fight the best and maybe doesnt really care about titles. If thats the case, pretty admirable.

I would love an open weight Gran Prix... That would be really cool. See if the age old question size vs technique could be put on display.

Oh btw.. you read Tito's comments on Fedor? I wish I could find the link but Im really tired lol. Just logged off a work call(being on call sucks) but Ill try and find it tomorrow. Trying to talk mess about Fedor. Tito is an idiot and I just hate him ever more now.

you swing both ways? cool. yeah Tito is a smacked ass. never liked him. open weight gp is a fine dream but it will never happen.

Ubereem is going to fight Ricco Rodriquez next week at Dream 15...man I feel real sorry for Ricco. He is gonna get murdered...

That could be an interesting fight... Ricco is one of those dudes who can come out and destroy. But, yeah I agree lol.
Ubereem is going to fight Ricco Rodriquez next week at Dream 15...man I feel real sorry for Ricco. He is gonna get murdered...

he was good many years ago. then he got all messed up on drugs. remember when he was on that vh1 reality show with the addicts?

Yes! I didnt watch his season though.. Woulda been interesting hahaha. He loved his food/drugs.
he was good many years ago. then he got all messed up on drugs. remember when he was on that vh1 reality show with the addicts?

wassup china and yoccos! you boys ever come out of this thread?! :D

no not really...

Lol me either. I tried to come out of my comfort zone but I seem to thread kill other places... This thread feels like home. SH, SUP MA FREN!! Who's ready for this weekend???

Friend is having a UFC party Saturday night. Looking for Lesnar to get KTFO...I'm still bummed my boy Wandy isnt gonna be fighting though...

Back