What's the best place to demo R9 driver shafts?

Pirate95

Let it snow......
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.6
I want to see if I can find a better shaft for my Supertri. I can't seem to find a place to demo a variety of shafts side by side. Getting fitted for a shaft is no problem as I've gone to Golfsmith or GG for that. I recently tried buying shafts that fit my profile and then having to sell them after I didn't like them........not the best strategy for me money wise. Is there a better way to do this? I would just like to hit some shafts, find one that I really like and buy it.

I want to see if I can find a better shaft for my Supertri. I can't seem to find a place to demo a variety of shafts side by side. Getting fitted for a shaft is no problem as I've gone to Golfsmith or GG for that. I recently tried buying shafts that fit my profile and then having to sell them after I didn't like them........not the best strategy for me money wise. Is there a better way to do this? I would just like to hit some shafts, find one that I really like and buy it.

The Edwin Watts near us has numerous shafts in multiple fitting carts. There are also demo days for shaft companies if they are near you. You can also check with local clubs to see if they have certain fitting carts and what shafts are available with them.

THe only other place I can think of is the THP Demo Days.

Thanks....I will look into that.

I had the same problem too. Couldn't find anywhere that would let you do it. You'ld think it be easy with the detachable head and all...... I ended up going to a buddies where he had two of the shafts i wanted to try on OTHER clubs.

I had the same problem too. Couldn't find anywhere that would let you do it. You'ld think it be easy with the detachable head and all...... I ended up going to a buddies where he had two of the shafts i wanted to try on OTHER clubs.

You would think with ease of the shaft change it would be readily available from ALL shaft manufacturers. With the amount of R9 equipment sold they should have their line of shafts with the R9 sleeve installed at the big box retailers like Golfsmith for people to demo. The easier it is to demo shafts the more likely R9 owners would look to make a change. Adjustability aside, the ease of shaft change is a great selling point, shouldn't Taylormade make all their TP shafts available to demo for customers. It seems to me like TM is missing the boat on this easy way to sell more product to people who already like and own their product.

Surprisingly, with the Supertri TP, it seems like most retailers pretty much just have the Motore-F1 shaft available while the rest need to be ordered. As for trying them out, I was able to try out 4-5 of the different TP shafts at their demo day so maybe you'll have some luck there.

I do understand the frustration though. I mean I've been considering trying a Miyazaki shaft, and I know Golfsmith carries them. But then again, they don't have any in R9 sleeves to dump into the supertri to give it a shot. I'm pretty sure I can find a place that *might* have it for local fitting, but it is a total pain in the rear.

Also, I think Nike and Callaway have "fit" systems that let them change shafts easily as well. I recall thinking they had a better selection of shafts to try during their demo days. Hrm....gonna have to see if there's an Edwin Watts in the area ( I don't think there is ) or I'll have to get a plane ticket to THP :)

Back