The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also never wear gloves for shots with my wedges now. It really helps me feel the clubhead during my swing

That is so interesting. I finally started to take my glove off when I putt and it has made a world of difference. How humid is it by you? I ask because I couldn't imagine not wearing a glove with the humitidy as bad as it is here. After a round I have at least 4 blisters forming.

I also never wear gloves for shots with my wedges now. It really helps me feel the clubhead during my swing

I do that exact same thing, from about 80 yards and in I take my glove off.

I always remove my glove to putt, I might now try removing it for the touch shots around the green as well.

i do this also but lately its been so hot out that i have to wear a glove with every shot except a putt... my hands sweat really bad and the club would fly out if i tried to swing

Insanely humid right now. In some instances I'll leave it on of it's really bad out but generally I take it off

That is so interesting. I finally started to take my glove off when I putt and it has made a world of difference. How humid is it by you? I ask because I couldn't imagine not wearing a glove with the humitidy as bad as it is here. After a round I have at least 4 blisters forming.

although if you're swinging under control and smooth your club should be just fine no matter how hard you're swinging. try those Jef wipes I reviewed which should keep the slick sweat and oil from your hands off your grips so your clubs won't go a flyin
i do this also but lately its been so hot out that i have to wear a glove with every shot except a putt... my hands sweat really bad and the club would fly out if i tried to swing

same here, no glove for wedges or putting

Im the exact same way. I cant hit a wedge with a glove on unless its a full shot.

No glove here either around the greens. Id say, when my wedge shot is no longer a full shot is when I start to drop the glove. And I NEVER EVER putt with it. Well, sometimes when I need to show a hole that Im not scared of it, I'll putt with my glove on.

We are sitting here and I am listening to GG tell me all the states that she has no desire to visit. Its hysterical.

We are sitting here and I am listening to GG tell me all the states that she has no desire to visit. Its hysterical.

Wisconsin? Bring her up in mid-January. Gorgeous.

Kevin

My dog does not like the sound of fireworks. He's all shivery and nervous so I gave him a couple Cheetos and we're snuggling.

Kevin

lol what dog doesnt love cheetos!

lol no dont buddy! check your PM

My dog does not like the sound of fireworks. He's all shivery and nervous so I gave him a couple Cheetos and we're snuggling.

Kevin

Bandit didn't like fireworks (our vet gave us doggie downers) but Tara loves to sit with us in the backyard watching the neighborhood fireworks shows. Hoping Charlie is the same way. He hasn't freaked out yet and the evenings around here sound almost like the fourth.

Bandit didn't like fireworks (our vet gave us doggie downers) but Tara loves to sit with us in the backyard watching the neighborhood fireworks shows. Hoping Charlie is the same way. He hasn't freaked out yet and the evenings around here sound almost like the fourth.

Whomever was fireworksing seems to have stopped. He's feeling better. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince doesn't seem to bother him. Tomorrow and Monday will drive him nuts. It's just lately that thunderstorms have been bothering him. Kind of weird.

Kevin

Hoping that it doesn't rain much today, if at all.

speaking of rain...

when you think it might be raining...or there is a chance of rain....do you A) check the weather yourself or B) call the pro shop and make them do it?

i'm in the shop now. and a weatherman i am not. i can read the radar just like the rest of the human race. and if you live at the other end of the driving range...and you call to ask the weather.....

die.

oops. rant.

Call the pro shop, of course! *dies*

speaking of rain...

when you think it might be raining...or there is a chance of rain....do you A) check the weather yourself or B) call the pro shop and make them do it?

i'm in the shop now. and a weatherman i am not. i can read the radar just like the rest of the human race. and if you live at the other end of the driving range...and you call to ask the weather.....

die.

oops. rant.

its hilarious when our manager answers the phone when its clearly an inventory/watch tv(rain) day... this guy is a born salesman who should be selling cars and not running a proshop... ppl would call asking how the weather was at the course and even if it was pouring out he'd say "its a beautiful day for a round of golf!" lol

So, I was walking Ellie this morning and it is the first time it has stopped raining in 4 days. It's a little creepy outside, still kind of dark, the ground is all wet and there was no one out there. Then all of a sudden I start to hear the craziest animal noises coming from the wooded/marshy area near our house. They kept getting louder and louder and I swear some really scary animal was going to jump out of there and attack us. Luckily we are safe but there are still some crazy noises coming from that area. I feel like we live in the jungle and not Florida this is too much for a city girl like me to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back