Will a larger grip stop you from turning your hands over as much??

bama

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
Just wondering if a larger grip will stop me from turning my hands over to quickly through impact...

I know it is not the right fix...Just wondering the opinions??

thanks
Bama

Yes a larger grip can slow down the realeasing of the hands

Just wondering if a larger grip will stop me from turning my hands over to quickly through impact...

I know it is not the right fix...Just wondering the opinions??

thanks
Bama

Grips should fit your hand size properly, too big or too small are both bad. Your grips may be too small - do you know how to tell if they are? If they are not too small then try relaxing your grip, especially your right hand. Just grip tight enough to keep the club from flying out of your hands.

Haha, at first glance I read this as "Will a larger girl stop you from turning your hands over as much??"

From the standard measuring baseline....(only a baseline...I know)
Looks like I would be at 7.5" for #1 and 3.125" for #2
Puts me in a standard + 1 extra wrap....
That about what I usually do with my clubs....

grip_chart_1.JPG

Resurrecting this thread....
TC gave me a Sumo2 hybrid with a Midsize grip...
It feels great and the ball flys well..
Even though I should be in a standard grip by the chart, I am thinking or regripping my clubs to midsize due to feel and the added benefit of lessening the turnover of my hands at impact....

anyone else try this??

I was fitted to midsize grips and found I couldn't turn over the club enough. I then went back to standard grips but then I felt that I was gripping the club too tightly and feel like it moves around too much in my hands. What I did recently was add extra tape wraps (currently 3) and this seems to be a great compromise.

The other thing I noticed about the midsize grip was the grip took away from the feel of the club head since I felt so much rubber in my hands.

I was fitted to midsize grips and found I couldn't turn over the club enough. I then went back to standard grips but then I felt that I was gripping the club too tightly and feel like it moves around too much in my hands. What I did recently was add extra tape wraps (currently 3) and this seems to be a great compromise.

The other thing I noticed about the midsize grip was the grip took away from the feel of the club head since I felt so much rubber in my hands.

awesome feedback...Thanks Aubs.....
(does Aubs happen to be related to Auburn, Al??)

awesome feedback...Thanks Aubs.....
(does Aubs happen to be related to Auburn, Al??)

ha ha...no actually its part of my name "Aubrey"

my experience getting grips with the purchase of my new irons was a bit odd. all I did was put my hand up to the golf shop guy's hand (on his request), and we had similar size hands and he goes "i get two extra wraps on my grips b/c i like my grips a little bigger." i said "ok, me too i guess," and that was that.

I like Golf Pride, so I picked up some DD2 Midsize grips (yellow) from the bay and will swap out a few grips...

I had midsize grips put on my clubs when I was fitted and I wont go back to a smaller grip. the larger grips just feel so much better, compared to a regular sized grip. Its kinda tough to explain how he fitted me but if your ring finger is pressing into the pad on your hand below your thumb then the grip is to small. Your ring finger should just be touching your thumb pad and your pinkie should not be touching the pad. This was done with my left hand and I am a right handed golfer.

I use a midsize grip on my wedges to keep me from "flipping" through impact. I like it alot. Helps me on chips/pitches all the way to the full swing.

Back