What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn dent, wth happened?

I was fine all week Kevin, and then in this tourament I all of a sudden started fighting a hook. We had a two and a half hour rain delay and the course was just flooded. They wanted us to play because they didn't just want a 1 round tournament. It was cold and raining and I didn't have any gear for this weather. Excuses aside it was all me. I am going to take a couple days off and not play golf until I get a lesson or fix this hook and shanks.

The first hole I couldn't beleive how close OB was on the left side of the hole. I put my drive OB, then my approach OB, and 3 putted which gives me a 9. The hole time I was thinking about shanking my wedges and although I didn't until the last hole my chipping and putting was absolutely terrible. From holes 11-17 I just got bogeys and 1 double. Then on the last hole a par 5 dogleg left I hit my drive down the middle, My approach shot didn't hook/draw and I went over trees on the right to the 10th fairway, I hit back over the trees straight into water by the green, dropped before the water and finally got the shanks with my wedge. I proceeded to put 5-6 balls into the water and my buddy knew I wasn't going to get it over that water. He discussed with my playing partner if we should just give me a 10 and the other guy agreed. (Once I get one shank they don't go away) Technically it was cheating and because I didn't really finish the hole I should have been disqualified.

Yesterday, shot a 106 on a par 70 course :clapp: Had 8s on the Par 5 holes and I par'd one of the par 3s and that was about it :)

Great round GC! Dent, just one of those days, don't let it get to ya. And Wed, congrats on your round at Pearl Harbor!

Shot an 89 this AM, 43/46, Trying to get used to these new irons (TM Burner Superlaunch). They are by far the most forgiving iron I have ever hit, but they are at least 1 full club shorter then my last irons...

Shot an 89 this AM, 43/46, Trying to get used to these new irons (TM Burner Superlaunch). They are by far the most forgiving iron I have ever hit, but they are at least 1 full club shorter then my last irons...

What were your last irons? It seems most folks fing the burners to be longer if anything.

Yesterday, shot a 106 on a par 70 course :clapp: Had 8s on the Par 5 holes and I par'd one of the par 3s and that was about it :)

Nice round GC keep up the work.

might be due to the increased launch the Supers have?

Shot an 88 today. Hit the ball well but my putter is still letting me down. I missed atleast 3 birdie putts and one 6 footer for eagle. Oh well atleast the backside was better than the front and thats what I have been working on.

Nice round Degoins. That missed Eagle putt would kill me for 2 weeks at least...

I shot an 86 on saturday...43 and 43. It was on the Champions course at Tanglewood Park in Clemmons, NC. Its a Robert Trent Jones course that was all bunkered up. My putter is struggling as well and I left some strokes out there. But overall, I was a happy golfer

Some solid nice rounds! Good stuff!

good job GC!!! you're so close to breaking 100!!! just imagine if you would've par'd the 5's, you'd a been right there!!

It won't be long before you break 100 and the amazing thing is how easy it is to do again once you accomplish it.

Today is a(nother) day I would like to forget...

My last 4 rounds are as follows.
83 (PB)
108 - today.

I missed 6 putts inside of 7' (all of them 1" to the right)- I had only one good drive all day and that was a provisional ball after loosing one. The first round after a short game lesson and I couldn't chip a ball inside of 20'. I tried to spin the ball like I was shown and ended up making a mess of everything around the greens.
I hit EVERYTHING fat
After a bad shot my boss looked at me and said "I have NEVER seen you hit a shot like that" followed by "I don't even recognize your game"
I worked my butt off to get my index down to the low teens and now I am playing like a 25+ capper and watching it drift back up. By this time next week I'll likely be back >18.

I. Hate. This. Game. (sometimes)

Not by yourself Gus. I usually shoot in the low 80's but the past few rounds I have been busting my butt to break 90! My chipping and especially my putting is killing me right now. I have missed I don't know how many birdies and 3 short eagle putts over the past few days. I know it will come around though, gotta have the bad rounds to enjoy the good ones.

Shot 89 on Sunday...wanted to try out my brothers TM Burner 09 driver for a round. I'm thinking it's time to upgrade to a newer driver. Felt like I was hitting it 20-30 yards further...:clapp:

Got together with another forum member (MSB256) and his friend Joey for a round this morning.
Alabama has been averaging 10+ above normal and today was no exception.
After a little bit of putting, we started out around 7am. MSB256 and I walked (at least the front 9...at the turn, MSB and myself got a cart.) :beat-up:
The course we played, while short, was for the most part very tight....Trees lined every fairway
My driver was just not cooperating...I think because I was trying to hard...Once I quit trying to come out of my shoes, I started making a couple of Par's
I ended up with 1/14 fwys, 3 GIR's, 33 putts, and a score of 94 (worst score in almost a year)
I cant really comment on the Nickent 4DX's this round as my swing was so bad.
Michael (MSB256) is a really nice guy with a very nice swing. We are going to try and get together for some more rounds this summer...
Stay tuned for my outing to Hampton Cove (RTJ Trail) course tomorrow morning..

bama

Played this same course again this morning after working my last midnight
The 2 equpment differences were that I used the 4dx Evolver driver instead of my ex-R9460 and I used the Tour ix instead of the Tour I
My fairways hit went from 1/14 to 10/14
My GIR's stayed the same at 10/18
My score went from 94 down to 81

On hole 7 is when I quit trying to crush the ball...(I had not hit a fairway up to this point)
I noticed I was lining up down the far left side of the fairway to play my pull draw that creeps in when I overswing.
I started lining up correctly, and putting a smooth "stay on plane" swing on the ball and I hit the next 10/10 fairways....
(can you say light bulb going off??)

I am really ready to get back out there....

*takes deep breath*
1...1...6... I shot 61-55. ouch...

I shot a 45 today. It was by far the worst I have struck a ball in a month. Driver was great, irons were HORRID, wedges were mediocre, and putter was good. Overall, a bad day for golf.

doesnt it suck that you can have the driver and putter working good but then if you mess up with on of the others your in trouble.. dang game of golf lol

Played very well last night. Bogeyed 2 of the last 3 holes to come off 3 over though. The putter needs some work, but I'm delighted with my round. 69, and I swear I could have had another 5 or 6 off that with good putting! I 3-jabbed the 8th from about 5 feet, and missed 6 birdie putts from within 10 feet!

tried to squeeze in a quick 18 but didnt have the time...
i went 16 over thru 13... ouch...
6 pars... 4 doubles... a triple... a quad... and a single
once i got into trouble i just couldnt get out
the wind was like a wall... a few holes the wind was supposed to 'help'... helped a lil too much
i had one great drive... 265 splitting the fw
i had one great 5i shot... just pured it dead straight
i had one great putt... 35 footer double break
too bad they werent on the same hole :sad:

i'm playing in my first tournament today. just a friendly thing on a par 30 9 hole course in Hayward, CA (which, surprisingly has some of the most well-kept grass I've ever played on).

I've certainly been dedicating myself recently, averaging around 15 - 18 hours of golf a WEEK. (5-6x a week play or practice, average 3 hours a session). I played this course on monday trying to practice and hit a 39 with horrible 3 puts all over the place (21 puts total). I was very good in chipping however, and I'll need to repeat that today to have a good score. I will be extremely pleased with a 35 or 36. I'm putting the pressure on myself which may not be a good idea, but at the same time, I know i'm going to have a blast so I'm really just all excitement right now!

I hope I win the closest to the pin .. heh, it's this super short 90 yard par 3 which is locked so freaking dead on to my lob wedge distance.

Anyway, I'll report back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back