Official AT&T National Thread- Spoilers

I checked my iphone in and carried it around all day...benefits of an inside the ropes media badge haha

cool...just rub it in why don't you...

I read that you weren't allowed to take pictures in the locker room, any other no photo areas?

Question: why were we allowed to bring cameras today but not cell phones?? I was lost without the iphone and couldn't remember where thanks and thainer were...sorry guys...I planned on saying hello

Cell phones are normally never allowed. People forget to turn their ringers off and the players get very mad. Normally only people with media passes or anyone associated with the tour are allowed that privilege. When the tournament starts you won't be allowed to bring your camera either that is only for media. People find ways to smuggle their phones in but if they are caught the phones are either taken or the person is thrown out.

So yesterday, I was in on an interview with Tiger and Beasley Reece. It was neat. Tiger was very polite, his plane had some troubles, so we were on a time crunch that we didnt expect. Met him, shook his hand and stuff.

After they closed the course and all the people left, I went up to the putting green. There he was just putting away. Gave me the 'hello, i believe we met earlier' nod. Tiger said he loved the course, but that it played short, which it did.. Jim Furyk said the greens were tricky, and Justin Leonard said the rough was tough. Cool.

"They are telling us that we cant let the greens get any faster than they are now. The PGA Tour wants birdies here. Its funny, the greens were faster for our member-member."
^Not told directly by the PGATour. Information relayed, completely false.

Last edited:
Cool stuff Thainer!

Good stuff! Keep it coming.

Not good news for O'Hair......

West Chester's Sean O'Hair, the lone Philadelphia-area resident in the AT&T National field, is supposed to tee off at 8:37 Thursday morning from the 10th tee, along with Justin Rose and J.B. Holmes, in the opening round at Aronimink.

That's assuming his back can cooperate.

O'Hair, who is coming off a tie for 12th at the U.S. Open, his second-best finish in 18 majors, had to leave the course riding on a golf cart today after playing just a dozen holes in the pro-am.
He said he originally injured his back last Thursday while working out. This time . . .

"I hurt it pretty bad," he said. "I'm out of here. I'm going to get some treatment and rest, and I should be out here tomorrow."

This is his last start before the British Open (July 15-18) at St. Andrews. He played there in 2005 and tied for 15th in his first major, which he qualified for the week before by winning his first PGA Tour title at the John Deere Classic.

So yesterday, I was in on an interview with Tiger and Beasley Reece. It was neat. Tiger was very polite, his plane had some troubles, so we were on a time crunch that we didnt expect. Met him, shook his hand and stuff.

After they closed the course and all the people left, I went up to the putting green. There he was just putting away. Gave me the 'hello, i believe we met earlier' nod. Tiger said he loved the course, but that it played short, which it did.. Jim Furyk said the greens were tricky, and Justin Leonard said the rough was tough. Cool.

They are telling us that we cant let the greens get any faster than they are now. The PGA Tour wants birdies here. Its funny, the greens were faster for our member-member.

Are you sure it wan't just a "hey" nod? hehehe

Back