AT&T National- First Round (Spoilers)

Sweet tell them to make them faster

Can you tell me who from the PGA told you that they wanted the course set up easy and will not allow the greens to get faster?

I never said someone told me that the course will be set up easy for birdies. The PGA Tour controls scoring conditions, and the greens are alot slower than they were 10 days ago. Therefore the PGA Tour controlling the green speed.

I never said someone told me that the course will be set up easy for birdies. The PGA Tour controls scoring conditions, and the greens are alot slower than they were 10 days ago. Therefore the PGA Tour controlling the green speed.

I thought you said the PGA said that they wanted lower scores so you were told the greens were not allowed to be altered and then said they were usually faster for the member member. Ill go back and find your post now.

Im sorry? I dont understand?
I thought you said the PGA said that they wanted lower scores so you were told the greens were not allowed to be altered and then said they were usually faster for the member member. Ill go back and find your post now.

Im sorry? I dont understand?

Huh? Im pretty sure you said previously that you were told that the PGA wanted lower scores so the greens were going to be slow and that the PGA said not to alter the greens. Looking for your post now since we just heard from them.

Huh? Im pretty sure you said previously that you were told that the PGA wanted lower scores so the greens were going to be slow and that the PGA said not to alter the greens. Looking for your post now since we just heard from them.

Ok well if I said such a thing, then I am a liar.

Here is your exact post.

So yesterday, I was in on an interview with Tiger and Beasley Reece. It was neat. Tiger was very polite, his plane had some troubles, so we were on a time crunch that we didnt expect. Met him, shook his hand and stuff.

After they closed the course and all the people left, I went up to the putting green. There he was just putting away. Gave me the 'hello, i believe we met earlier' nod. Tiger said he loved the course, but that it played short, which it did.. Jim Furyk said the greens were tricky, and Justin Leonard said the rough was tough. Cool.

They are telling us that we cant let the greens get any faster than they are now. The PGA Tour wants birdies here. Its funny, the greens were faster for our member-member.

:popcorn:

Last time I relay information from a member at the club. Sorry guys, didnt mean to cause anythign

Im so confused now. So the PGA Tour never said that? Why make that up out of curiosity?

The PGA Tour has said this in response to our inquiry.

"We set up each course to display unique challenges to golfers that they have not seen before. We do not go into any event saying we want lower scores or more birdies. We think the players and their skill sets should dictate that directly."

that in itse;f is interesting. I think the PGA does have a hand in determining scores, etc. if they choose to. Strictly my opinion and it's based on no fact. Just a belief I have

JB;310378 [I said:
"We set up each course to display unique challenges to golfers that they have not seen before. We do not go into any event saying we want lower scores or more birdies. We think the players and their skill sets should dictate that directly."[/I]

Why would the PGA want to make a course choosen for a tourney easier? It seems to me that when they choose a course it would be to their advantage if it was hard. The harder the course the more chances to showcase the awesome talent on tour. Making it easier doesn't add up to me.

Please understand that this was not meant to attack Thainer in any way. But when we get "inside" information that the PGA Tour is dictating directly to the people working there that they want birdies and lower scores and that the greens are slower than the courses normal member member, it is something that we had to check out.

They responded quickly, swiftly and had some interesting info that we may turn into a story here. But said directly that nothing like that was ever said by a PGA official before or during this event.

For the record, I never said I spoke to the PGA Tour. I understand what it reads. I was told by a member, and I definitely shouldve said that.

Pics from today's round will be up later tonight and tomorrow morning. didn't take as many as yesterday as I walked the course a lot to get my bearings, etc. but I think you'll like what I came up with....

Pics from today's round will be up later tonight and tomorrow morning. didn't take as many as yesterday as I walked the course a lot to get my bearings, etc. but I think you'll like what I came up with....

hopefully they're all pics of tiger....................j/k

can't wait to see the pics thanks!

Could you take a picture of the greens because I heard somewhere that they were slowed down. I want to see what a slowed down green looks like.

there's some greens pics but the pics really don't do them justice. the slopes on these things were nuts!

Could you take a picture of the greens because I heard somewhere that they were slowed down. I want to see what a slowed down green looks like.

Back