UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

not disappointed Brock won but would have loved to see this go the distance

LOL...now that would have been something to see these 2 make the distance...

oh I was pulling for Carwin big time, but once Brock got outta of the first I thought it was gonna be a war. let down to see Carwin gassed and let brock get a hold of him. oh well like you said hopefully he will be back I like em

ok maybe not the distance given their size and power but at least another round or two of good fightin

LOL...now that would have been something to see these 2 make the distance...

well that fight showed how 1-dimensional carwin is and how poor his stamina is. lesnar has evolved...

Im not sure I'd discount Cain. He has a better wrestling background than Carwin and hits hard too. Not only that his stamina is insane. Moves very fast for a HW and I think people underestimate him. My brother saw him at ACS a few times and the guy is an animal in the gym. He wont gas. JDS will be a good test too especially if he is used to fighting off of his back. He would not have been caught in that choke the way Carwin was. Brock was setting him up for the choke the minute he got into position.

Also can't discount Carwin's performance. It's not like Lesnar ran through him. There are some very good heavyweights in the UFC and anyone has a chance. Except Mir. Im not discounting Lesnar but to say noone can compete with him I just dont see it. Even a guy like Gonzaga who is world class BJJ could have a shot. He was floored by Carwin but it was a very clean shot.
I don't see any competition for Brock in the UFC. I'd rather see J.D.S. get a shot next instead of Velasquez.

I think Cain could give Lesnar some trouble if he was smarter than Carwin was last night. Cain has much better cardio then Carwin. That is the problem when none of your fights go past 5 mins...But that made me a believer out of Lesnar. Now I will never be a big fan of his...but that was a very impressive win. He showed he can take a punch (ok about 50 punches) and not only survive but win by a sub! Amazing stuff. And other than MAYBE Uberoid...I don't see anyone seriously challenging Lesnar for awhile. This has me thinking...Overeem beats Werdum and then is offered a lucrative deal to come to the ufc for a unified title match against Lesnar (hell in a cell match of course). This would make last nights "biggest HW fight in history" look like the undercard IMO...

Nothing else happening all month in ufc. but august is off the hook...ufc on versus aug 1st...great card on paper...Aug 7, Silva vs Sonnen...this is a seriously stacked card. and then end of the month its Edgar/Penn 2 and of course Lights Out vs The Natural...

I really dont see Brock getting past jds. Cain will be a fight though. I def gained a lot of respect for Brock this last week and the fight. I just dont see him steamrolling the other heavyweights. August is gonna be insane and I kinda hope Handy gets knocked out. Dont see it happening though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jds has to get through Big Country first...

I hope he can get through The Country. Roy has amazed me so far...never thought he would win TUF. Junior should wreck his world though. Otherwise...can you imagine Lesnar/Nelson for the belt? lol

yet another hysterical "Lights Out" Promo...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4Spg2vn-XM&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4Spg2vn-XM&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Lol. I saw that on yahoo. Cant see the vid unfortunately. That dude is crazy. If Handy stands he will get knocked out. I don't think he is that dumb though. I like to watch Big Country fight. That would be awesome to see him and Lesnar. I think he could give him a fight. Especially with his BJJ.

the more I hear Toney talk the more I want Randy to destroy him. But damn...he is entertaining. And I think Lesnar/Roy could be a good fight. Roy has really surprised me with his calm composure and general skills. He is a black belt in Gracie bjj after all!

War Cabbage!!!!

ok...maybe its the insane heat that has further warped my brain...but I missed the war cabbage reference

Lol nah man. Its me. Wesley "Cabbage" Correia (spelling is way off). Dude had an iron chin. He fought in the ufc awhile back. Fought silvia, arlovski etc. I just loved his nickname. Dont remember what prompted that though. Pretty sure somethin at work today.

oh hell yeah...dude has a skull made of concrete. they said he took the most power shots to the head ever in one ufc fight against Sylvia. And he never went down! I think his corner threw in the towel...probably so he didnt die. he hasnt fought in a few years. wonder what happened to him? last I saw him was in EliteXC about 3 years ago...

lesnar2.jpg

either Goldberg or Batista...

is there a PPV tonite?

Nothing going on tonight that I'm aware of. Dream 15 was last night and Impact FC was today

Back