Can your shaft be too stiff?

Bool

Reaction score
Handicap
NA yet
What would happen if you used a driver with a shaft that is too stiff for your swing? Would you just lose distance? What about the opposite situation, not stiff enough? If I took identical clubs but changed staff stiffness, what would see?

so many jokes about the title... soo lil time...

the way i understand it is the flex of the shaft helps determine trajectory... that and the combination with the loft and length determine how the ball will react... you also have to factor in swing attributes...

my tour stiff driver i used to hit pinpoint straight... but nowhere near as far as my reg flex driver which i would hook

a shaft too stiff besides shorter distance,you should also see a lower ball flight also towards the right side.Low pushes.When your brain learns the shaft is too stiff many of us tend to swing harder which creates pulls,but also should be on the low side

You know why i love this site because JB and GG are on top of everything they always have the best and coolest experts from the industry on to talk about issue that amateurs need to know about. thanks guys

Thanks for the links! I wasn't sure where to start looking. I typed in stiff shaft and got threads from everywhere.

LMAO at wondering the links you'd get from typing that inquiry on the web

The shafts in my irons are a little too soft for me, so when I go at them a little, I end up hitting a high pull. When I hit my old Cobra reg flex driver quite hard, I'd see a sort of draw turning into a fade at the top of the very high flight!

my irons are stiff flex and my woods are regular flex... i seem to be more accurate with stiffs on my short sticks and i dont mind the distance loss when i know its gonna go sorta straight...
Spoiler
my shafts are getting too stiff now... i need to get out and play with them... muhahaha

Back