True Temper Iron Shaft Project

those shafts are money... how do they feel compared to the others? are they really rigid stiff?

no, they really aren't russ. i was worried that i didn't have the game or the ss to really utilize these but it's never been an issue at all. i actually find that they are much more responsive and that i can actually execute shots more effectively. i firmly believe that these are the perfect shafts for me.

no, they really aren't russ. i was worried that i didn't have the game or the ss to really utilize these but it's never been an issue at all. i actually find that they are much more responsive and that i can actually execute shots more effectively. i firmly believe that these are the perfect shafts for me.

awesome... time to start pin seeking!

awesome... time to start pin seeking!

haha, i tried that yesterday and didn't hit as many greens as i needed to. luckily i was getting up and down well or it could've been ugly. i'm going to go back to my strategy of aiming at the middle of the green, unless i'm in a really, really good position to go at it. smarter golf = better scores for me.

great to hear tc! congrats!

haha, i tried that yesterday and didn't hit as many greens as i needed to. luckily i was getting up and down well or it could've been ugly. i'm going to go back to my strategy of aiming at the middle of the green, unless i'm in a really, really good position to go at it. smarter golf = better scores for me.

i wish i could play smart golf... it always seems to bite me in the backside when i try

Awesome thread TC. I've checked out True Temper's shaftfit before and re-checked it while reading this thread. Gave me my current shaft (DG S300) so I'm pretty excited about that. Now I gotta save some cash to find that miyazaki shaft for my swing!

You got me wanting to go play golf right now! Only problem it's 11:28 pm and all the courses are closed.

Awesome thread TC. I've checked out True Temper's shaftfit before and re-checked it while reading this thread. Gave me my current shaft (DG S300) so I'm pretty excited about that. Now I gotta save some cash to find that miyazaki shaft for my swing!

You got me wanting to go play golf right now! Only problem it's 11:28 pm and all the courses are closed.

night golf?

i'm glad to hear that you've found this thread somewhat useful. i wish i had time to play a lot more right now so i could be reporting back every couple of days or so, but it's the busy season right now. unfortunately, i get in a lot more golf in the fall/winter. i played with my brother last week and he commented on a noticeable difference in my ball flight. i don't hit the ball near as far as he does, but he's played enough golf with me to realize that i've picked up some added distance and that the trajectory is significantly lower.

the biggest kicker to me is the feel factor. it's just hard to explain how much better the 22's feel with the rifle's in them.

night golf?

i'm glad to hear that you've found this thread somewhat useful. i wish i had time to play a lot more right now so i could be reporting back every couple of days or so, but it's the busy season right now. unfortunately, i get in a lot more golf in the fall/winter. i played with my brother last week and he commented on a noticeable difference in my ball flight. i don't hit the ball near as far as he does, but he's played enough golf with me to realize that i've picked up some added distance and that the trajectory is significantly lower.

the biggest kicker to me is the feel factor. it's just hard to explain how much better the 22's feel with the rifle's in them.

your brother hits the ball farther than you? whaaaaaat!

your brother hits the ball farther than you? whaaaaaat!

considerably!! i am not sure why/where everyone comes up with me being a long hitter, i've never made the claim at all. i'd say i'm just average russ. it's the control and accuracy that's my strong point, and usually where i take little brother's money, haha.

considerably!! i am not sure why/where everyone comes up with me being a long hitter, i've never made the claim at all. i'd say i'm just average russ. it's the control and accuracy that's my strong point, and usually where i take little brother's money, haha.

so you and i are in the same boat... my youngest bro murders balls... but im the short game guy

I have a set of 6.0 that didn't work for me stashed in a box.I swapped out dg s300's in some PING isi's with them.They felt a lot better but I reinstalled the dg's and sold the set.
I'm now hitting dg super lites stiff flex with sensicore in some Titleist 775.cbs and am currently pleased.I have a set of the 775's in the nippon ns pro 100's and the feel,trajectory and distance are much better for me with the dg sl.
My point is that shafts definitely make a difference and are something to explore.
Thanks for the running update on your expierence TC

I have a set of 6.0 that didn't work for me stashed in a box.I swapped out dg s300's in some PING isi's with them.They felt a lot better but I reinstalled the dg's and sold the set.
I'm now hitting dg super lites stiff flex with sensicore in some Titleist 775.cbs and am currently pleased.I have a set of the 775's in the nippon ns pro 100's and the feel,trajectory and distance are much better for me with the dg sl.
My point is that shafts definitely make a difference and are something to explore.

Why didn't they work?

you're welcome jeffann! it seems as though you've find exactly the right shaft/iron combination for yourself and that's what's the most important part. how did you go about finding out which shaft interested you? trial and error? research? do you have access to a fitter? i'm curious.

you're welcome jeffann! it seems as though you've find exactly the right shaft/iron combination for yourself and that's what's the most important part. how did you go about finding out which shaft interested you? trial and error? research? do you have access to a fitter? i'm curious.

research and trail and error.On the trail and error side I have had a lot of sets of used irons in the last couple of years.Found what I prefered that way.Not sugghesting this approach for anyone else.

Do you still have those 6.0 shafts Jeffann? I may be very interested in taking them off your hands.

research and trail and error.On the trail and error side I have had a lot of sets of used irons in the last couple of years.Found what I prefered that way.Not sugghesting this approach for anyone else.

there's nothing wrong with that approach, and i'd say it's more common. that's what has been so wonderful about this opportunity. first, there's very little stuff out there for lefties, second, i live in an area where golf shops aren't heavily stocked with anything, and the shaftfit was the perfect way to go through a good static fitting.

Do you still have those 6.0 shafts Jeffann? I may be very interested in taking them off your hands.

I just looked and I was wrong about them being 6.0 they are 5.5 rifles and if anyone is still interested I'd definitely part with them

just got a phone call from a customer and i'll be joining him for a 9 hole scramble this evening. can't wait!!

I just looked and I was wrong about them being 6.0 they are 5.5 rifles and if anyone is still interested I'd definitely part with them

too bad. The shaft fit said I needed a 6.0.

I did 2 fits and they said 6 & 7 with 7 being with a faster swing tempo. Problem is I'm not sure what my tempo is considered lol

i'll be tee'ing it up thursday afternoon with a couple of potential clients. they want to play at high vista: http://www.highvistagolf.com/experience.htm, which is definitely one of my least favorite courses around here. it offers some nice views but i can't stand the setup or the layout.

i'm getting more and more comfortable with the new shafts every day....or at least everytime i play or practice with them. the only thing that's been a struggle has been adjusting to my new grips. this is my first rodeo with midsize grips and it really has been a tough transition.....i've always played a bit of a fade with everything and that's just gone now. i find that i'm having to really work on my alignment which isn't a bad thing at all.

i can also confidently say that i have experienced a definite increase in yardage with the rifles. it's not out of this world but it's enough to where i find scoring irons in my hands more often than in the past.

anyway, just wanted to update the thread.

good to hear there working out for ya TC! have fun kickin your clinets butts on Thursday!

good to hear there working out for ya TC! have fun kickin your clinets butts on Thursday!

i don't know about that. one of the guys played golf at uconn, but we'll see. he's pretty good, i've played a round with him in a tournament.

Best of luck Thursday TC! Glad to hear the shafts are still working great for you!

Back