Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
a freshmen qb going into a national championship game against the number 1 team and deffense in the country is different than a rookie qb going into just a regular game and you cant compare tom brady to a college freshmen.

You used the Peyton Manning example. Not me.

Your quote

its like this anywhere. say peyton manning gets hurt you put in a rookie there will be a difference in the outcome. im just stating a fact, McCoy gets hurt a freshmen goes in, there would have been a different outcome. thats just a fact. like i said though that still doesnt mean ut wud have won.

i didn't care if old colt was on his A game, no way they would've beat bama, not last year. the nat'l championship game imo was the sec championship game.

TC the SEC championship will be the nat'l championship game for the next couple of years. Until someone else can top to bottom recruit better multiple years in a row it will continue to be that way. and even as an AU student and avid fan since i could breathe. i have to agree with you nobody was beating bama last year. too many weapons

the only reason the big 12 has had representation so much is b/c the sec beats each other up during the season. it's pretty safe to say that whoever wins the red river rivalry usually has an easier run to the national title.

i'm an acc fan, and we've just sucked for the past few years.

Playing in a weaker conference can lead to undefeated seasons, which in turn can lead to BCS games. The road to the end is far harder in a tougher conference.

my reply to both..

this is why there needs to be a playoff system for stuff like this. i agree big 12 has an easier conference im not denying that. i never said the big 12 was the best conference. but i also think if you put together and undefeated season you should have a shot for the national championship. but that would require a playoff. like tcu this year and boise the last couple years. they think the deserved a shot a the NC but when you have teams like texas and bama that come from harder conferences than those 2 the get priority, which isnt fair to the other 2. i still cant figure out why they wont go to a playoff system to solve that other than the tv revenue they bring in for all the bowl games..

but i also think if you put together and undefeated season you should have a shot for the national championship. but that would require a playoff. like tcu this year and boise the last couple years. they think the deserved a shot a the NC but when you have teams like texas and bama that come from harder conferences than those 2 the get priority, which isnt fair to the other 2. i still cant figure out why they wont go to a playoff system to solve that other than the tv revenue they bring in for all the bowl games..

How did that work out for TCU and Cincy last year? Cincy faced the loser of the SEC Championship game and got a beating like the ugly stepchild!

well, there will never be a playoff system, and if there was, then we couldn't be having these discussions. i agree, an undefeated team needs/deserves a crack but when two teams like fl/bama have to play each other for the sec title, then one can't be undefeated.

How did that work out for TCU and Cincy last year? Cincy faced the loser of the SEC Championship game and got a beating like the ugly stepchild!

redheaded stepchild at that, haha!

You used the Peyton Manning example. Not me.

Your quote

its like this anywhere. say peyton manning gets hurt you put in a rookie there will be a difference in the outcome. im just stating a fact, McCoy gets hurt a freshmen goes in, there would have been a different outcome. thats just a fact. like i said though that still doesnt mean ut wud have won.

yes i did use that quote. and that was an answer to you saying how it just makes some fans feel better knowing that there would have been a different outcome if McCoy would have been in there.

ok they got there shot to try and knock off a top team and it didnt work out for them. but i think more teams deserve a shot like cincy got to try to knock off the top team or teams.

yes i did use that quote. and that was an answer to you saying how it just makes some fans feel better knowing that there would have been a different outcome if McCoy would have been in there.

Im confused, so you say that a backup coming in will kill a squad, and yet when I supply you an example (and I have a ton more) of it not always being the case, you say it is not what you meant because a freshman qb is different than a rookie. But you just said it two seconds ago. Why did they recruit him then? Do i think Colt was better than the kid? Sure I do. Do I also think it was the system more than McCoy, you betcha. Apparently quite a few NFL scouts agree too. People can constantly say well, if this guy was there, it would have been different. NOBODY knows if it would have been different. Does it matter that during the game Bama lost 2 starting OL, a starting LB, and a Safety? There is only ONE FACT, that Bama was the better team!

well, there will never be a playoff system, and if there was, then we couldn't be having these discussions. i agree, an undefeated team needs/deserves a crack but when two teams like fl/bama have to play each other for the sec title, then one can't be undefeated.

ya fl/bama just get screwed on that deal.

Im confused, so you say that a backup coming in will kill a squad, and yet when I supply you an example (and I have a ton more) of it not always being the case, you say it is not what you meant because a freshman qb is different than a rookie. But you just said it two seconds ago. Why did they recruit him then? Do i think Colt was better than the kid? Sure I do. Do I also think it was the system more than McCoy, you betcha. Apparently quite a few NFL scouts agree too. People can constantly say well, if this guy was there, it would have been different. NOBODY knows if it would have been different. Does it matter that during the game Bama lost 2 starting OL, a starting LB, and a Safety? There is only ONE FACT, that Bama was the better team!

im saying a freshmen qb coming in to replace a 4 year starter in the national championship game hurts the team.they recruited him to be a starter for when McCoy graduated obviously. idk what nfl scouts have to do with a freshmen qb replacing a 4 year starter in a NC game but ok.

im saying a freshmen qb coming in to replace a 4 year starter in the national championship game hurts the team.they recruited him to be a starter for when McCoy graduated obviously. idk what nfl scouts have to do with a freshmen qb replacing a 4 year starter in a NC game but ok.

Ill bow out now after this. Your direct quote was what would happen if that happened to Manning? Then I showed that it is not always what you think. Then you said it college was different. BUT IT WAS YOUR QUOTE.

If someone wants to believe the outcome would have been different that is fine. But to say "its fact" that it would have been different is absurd. The only fact is that both teams lost MAJOR PLAYERS during that game and Bama beat that team handily.

Just like UF did to the undefeated Cincy. The SEC is king right now as much as it pains me to say it.

JB, I thought you were a SEC fan, whats your conference? Didnt you go to UF? Or FSU?

GG is the UF, you are the FSU

i was saying it effects the team when your veteran starter goes out of the game and has to be replaced with a rookie, freshemen or whatever it may be. sure there are a few cases where the young guns come in and do really great but you dont see it often and i didnt see it happening with any freshmen being thrown into a NC game. thats all i was saying. and yes i said it was a fact that there would have been a different outcome of that game with your starting qb in the game. you can call it anyway you want to but i also would have said the same thing if say ingram got knocked out the whole game and bama wud have lost.

but guess it was a good way to kick off the football thread with a good argument about pointless stuff when that game is already done. o well.

i was saying it effects the team when your veteran starter goes out of the game and has to be replaced with a rookie, freshemen or whatever it may be. Sure there are a few cases where the young guns come in and do really great but you dont see it often and i didnt see it happening with any freshmen being thrown into a nc game. Thats all i was saying. And yes i said it was a fact that there would have been a different outcome of that game with your starting qb in the game. You can call it anyway you want to but i also would have said the same thing if say ingram got knocked out the whole game and bama wud have lost.

But guess it was a good way to kick off the football thread with a good argument about pointless stuff when that game is already done. O well.

if your aunt had ball$ she would be your uncle.......if

you ready for another argument jb? lol

Nope. I stated my case as I will on a myriad of topics on this site. Football, both college and NFL, is something that I did for a living (not play) so it is a topic I feel strongly about and am educated on.

you ready for another argument jb? lol

i think that JB loves a good debate, and there's no doubt that he knows what's going on in sports, specifically football and golf, and i wouldn't see it as argumentative at all. @ least you aren't a yankees fan bridges, lol. settle down boys!

lol i was just messing with you man!

alright well im out for a little bit. be back later. dont trash talk me to much jb lol

edit: meant debate but argument/debate its close enough haha

Funny how Carrol just happened to get out of town before all this went down. Dude must be physic or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back