My 1 year anniversary has come and gone!

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Its July 8 and the BF and I have gotten in to golf about a year ago. It was
around this time 1 year ago that we took our first complimentary golf lesson that got us hooked!

Since I've started golf 1 year ago, I've been able to drive the ball 167 yards (my furthest so far!) and
can do wonders with my 9i. We've played every weekend since then, at least once during the weekends
if not both weekend days. We've gone to the range at least once during the week, trying to get
2-3 times a week. I'm on my 2nd instructor and I think I'll be sticking with him. Now we can play
the par 70 courses and be comfortable with them. I'm still using my same clubs that I started with last
year and thin I'll keep these for a while, or until I need a new set. I've only gotten 3 birdies, several
pars and that's about it...for now :D

Remind your BF that he needs to make sure he holds onto a partner that allows him to indulge in a hobby/sport such as golf and is enthusiastic about playing as well.

Remind your BF that he needs to make sure he holds onto a partner that allows him to indulge in a hobby/sport such as golf and is enthusiastic about playing as well.

Hee hee, I tell him that a lot. He's lucky that I actually like golf and want to play it. Its funny because I'm more into golf than he is. I'm more willing to go out and be on the course and when he's too tired, I'll hit the driving range by myself just to keep up with my swing and my practices :)

Happy anniversary and the promise of making more pars and birdies in the future!

Its great to see new folks to the game, espicially a couple who enjoy it together so much. More birdies and pars will be coming your way.

Happy anniversary and the promise of making more pars and birdies in the future!

...and more greens in regulations :) Now that I'm hitting the fairways, I need to start hitting GIRs!!

Its great to see new folks to the game, espicially a couple who enjoy it together so much. More birdies and pars will be coming your way.

Time sure does fly by when you're having fun :D

Congrats! (I just passed two years a few days ago myself... :good:)

congrats GC!

Congrats GC!! I'll be coming up on my first anniversary in the next couple weeks here too! Hard to believe it's already been almost a year!!

Congrats! I'll be taking my GF with me this weekend for the first time

Congrats! I'll be taking my GF with me this weekend for the first time

Just don't critique her and let an instructor do the teaching :)

I've only gotten 3 birdies, several
pars and that's about it...for now :D

Hell Ive been playing off and on for 15 years. and over the last year ive gotten 1 bird and maybe 5 pars. Your not doing half bad there missy.

Hell Ive been playing off and on for 15 years. and over the last year ive gotten 1 bird and maybe 5 pars. Your not doing half bad there missy.

Thank you :smile:

Happy Anniversary, GC! My one-year is coming up in a few weeks here (not sure of exact date); I can finally take the "rookie stripes" off the back of the golf cart. Also, congrats on scoring a few birdies in your "rookie year"...you've definitely progressed well. Did you save the ball from your first?

Congratulation GC, sounds like your having lots of fun , and those birdies sounds great.

Back