100 yard shot radius

jdjanda

Reaction score
Handicap
What is your "cone of uncertainly" at 100 yards?

Hitting 10 balls at the range I expect to be within a 25 yard circle 8 out of 10 shots. On the course I'd be happy at 5 out of 10 on the green from a 100 yards.

What is your expectation?

What is your "cone of uncertainly" at 100 yards?

Hitting 10 balls at the range I expect to be within a 25 yard circle 8 out of 10 shots. On the course I'd be happy at 5 out of 10 on the green from a 100 yards.

What is your expectation?

This is a great topic. It is a shot I practice the most. I expect to be within 15 feet on the course. In reality, 20 feet is more like it and I expect to be there everytime. But in reality 7 out of 10 is more like it.

I have to think about this one. On the range, I'm about 8-9/10. On the course, that's a different story.

from 100 yards, i want to be within 15 feet 5/10, and within 25 the rest.

But i can usually throw in a fatty or a blade here or there

Like GC said, there's a difference between range and course. On the range I'm dead accurate with 5/10 and I'd say the rest are within 5 yards either way. On the course it's anyone's guess. Probably 3/10 within 5 yards and the rest well outside of that. This is mainly because of my inconsistent ball striking. I'm sure I can narrow that down with more practice.

I would say 6-7 times, but I am still learning to be more accurate.

My expectations from 100 yards is to hit the green, but I'd be happy with like 6/10!

From 100 yards I expect to hit the green every time. I expect 6-7 of those to be pretty close, i.e. within 15-20 feet or so.

In reality, I probably hit the green 8-9 times out of 10 and 2-3 are in that close range and maybe 1 out of every 20 is really close.

I'd say a 15 yard cone on the course. Here lately it's been a little worse to about 20. 110 is my yardage though, at 100 I have to slow my swing just enough for it to mess with me so most Of the time thats the number I try to lay up to.

It depends on the pin for me. If the pin is anywhere that is going hurt me if I miss, I aim for the fattest part. If the pin is accessible, I will aim for it. As for expectations, I expect to hit the green every time. Reality shows that it doesn't always work that way, but I still expect it when I take my shot. My two favorite yardages are 100yds and 75yds. I always feel like I can get the ball on. As my game progresses I will start worrying about how close I am to the pin.

Hmm... From that distance I just aim for the center of the green. I like to be within 5 yards of the center. If the flag is somewhere easy I may go for it or if its placed on one of the extremes I may move my shot a little. It has really helped my GIR's just aiming for the center.

For this shot I think the biggest difference between doing this at the range and doing this on the course, is that on the range you usually hit the same club a bunch of times. So you "dial" it in... but at the course you usually just hit a long club, walked up to your ball, then pull out your trusty wedge and.... fatty! At least that's the case for me...

I don't know, but I'm chipping around the green more often than not.

one of my fav shots since getting my new wedges in April, I aim for center of the green and am happy if it lands anywhere on the green. about 6-7 out of 10 for me

Back