What is your favorite fairway wood?

brsmith33

Reaction score
Handicap
What is your favorite fairway wood?

Nike Dymo... May not be the farthest 3wood but is very easy to hit, even off the deck. I love this club!

Nike Machspeed...looks like a hybrid, swings liek a wood, goes like a driver

SuperFast, R9 and Dymo Quadkeel. Nothing has come close to these 3 for my game in my testing.

Nike Machspeed. Very long, excellent off the ground and off the tee.

does anyone have a comment about the new Cobra Baffler Rail fairway woods?

I have only owned 2, so I am going to have to say that the R9 is my favorite.

Yes, it is OKAY. biggsy and I both hit last week and it is currently in my bag for review. We also gave away 5 of them (or hybrids) for the last major (though apparently people have not received them yet). It has a nice sound and decent feel. But so far it is not performing like the others I listed. Not a bad FW in anyway, but would not make the top of my list right now. It has 2 more rounds to go before we have a review ready though, things could change.

Fairway metals????? HAHAHA... There are some debates on here about what to call them. Not pickin at you at all. I'm sure there are a few guys who have hit these. Where is ole gray????????

I'll throw in another vote for the SuperFast 3W, best and easiest to hit 3W Ive ever tried.

Mizuno mp 3 wood,Easy to hit and nice low profile.Long as well.Superb Fubuki shaft

I really like my 08 Cobra Speed LD. Nice small head with a nice rounded bottom. It is a few years old now and I am sure others perform better, but I really like it. I also really liked the 09 Burner woods as well. Which is saying something since I am not a TM fan. I have only got to hit the Adams Fast 10 woods a few times and liked it.

There are so many nice woods out there, it is hard to choose just one.

Taylormade Vsteel,

unreal performance, and theyre kinda old, you can get some wicked deals on them.

Ive heard they play similar to the superfast, but i havent hit it so i wouldnt know

I liked the Cleveland Launcher.

I am hping to find one at the outing in Sept. I have always had a love/hate relationship with my fairway woods.

gotta be the TaylorMade R9 so easy to hit and has the adjustability to offset any swing flaws gotta love it off the tee, off the deck, it doesn't matter just make sure you got the room for it to fly because it hits it a country mile

Callaway Big Bertha, I really like mine and i have it in both my 3 and 5 wood. I will have to say thathaving them fitted helps, but then I am sure it does with any wood.

I still really enjoy my old steelhead plus BUT I hit a ping g15 3 wood last night and wow! So easy to hit and the ball just goes!

Yes, it is OKAY. biggsy and I both hit last week and it is currently in my bag for review. We also gave away 5 of them (or hybrids) for the last major (though apparently people have not received them yet). It has a nice sound and decent feel. But so far it is not performing like the others I listed. Not a bad FW in anyway, but would not make the top of my list right now. It has 2 more rounds to go before we have a review ready though, things could change.
The Baffler Rail is geared more towards high-cappers, right? That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
Once I get mine I'll do a mini review from that perspective.

i like the recurring theme that everyone so far has listed whats in their bag :)

so to follow the trend, i love my mx700. easy to hit from aywhere and flies long and true. the exsar shaft really gives me a lot of cotrol without losing distance.
the Ping G5 i had prior to this was also very good, it had a prolaunch blue regular shaft which i grew out of.

Of what I've hit, probably the Callaway FT-iz.

Pretty happy with my G10 4w though, so not about to change. Maybe when/if they see a pricedrop.

I bought some Titleist 906 F2 woods this spring and really like them, they have Adila NVS shafts which I really like compared to my previous 904s w/Graphite Design shafts. More accuracy with same distance since the change.

Back