Matt Every Arrested for Drug Possession

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
of course he denied it, i would too! so stupid that this drug is not legalized, or at least decriminalized. when i was living in canberra it was completely legal to grow up to 8' of plant and one could legally carry up to a 1/4 oz. NEVER a problem over there.

There's a bit more to the story. Here's a link from our local newspaper

Allegedly, him and two or three others were in a room that smelled funny and the cops were called. One of the occupants admitted the weed was his and the others (including Every) admitted to smoking it. He was released the same evening and tee off yesterday morning.

• Admin
Lets not make this one about whether it should or shouldn't be legal (save that for the debate room). Lets keep this one about him and his choices. Thanks.

Anybody want to bet he gets a "random" PGA drug test now?

of course he denied it, i would too! so stupid that this drug is not legalized, or at least decriminalized. when i was living in canberra it was completely legal to grow up to 8' of plant and one could legally carry up to a 1/4 oz. NEVER a problem over there.

When I was living in A2, MI (Ann Arbor), while it was illegal it was just a $5 fine that you could pay right on the spot.

I think it's silly too, but dude should have been a little more careful. Allegedly.

Lets not make this one about whether it should or shouldn't be legal (save that for the debate room). Lets keep this one about him and his choices. Thanks.

Anybody want to bet he gets a "random" PGA drug test now?

seems like maybe he made a bad choice, or at least with who he's hanging out with.

Randomly scheduled drug tests for Mr. Every coming up!

Randomly scheduled drug tests for Mr. Every coming up!

haha I think I will agree with that. I still don't understand what athletes are thinking when they put themselves in these kinds of situations. I am usually really good at playing devil's advocate but with this I can't, I can't think of a reason to jeopardize your future and millions of dollars to smoke some weed I just don't get it.

haha I think I will agree with that. I still don't understand what athletes are thinking when they put themselves in these kinds of situations. I am usually really good at playing devil's advocate but with this I can't, I can't think of a reason to jeopardize your future and millions of dollars to smoke some weed I just don't get it.

but how does smoking weed effect a golfer, ie, give him an advantage over his competition. let's be honest, it's not a performance enhancer right? not sure if this is on topic or not, if it's not, i apologize.

It's simple GG...they think they're invincible, that rules don't apply to them, and they're beyond the law

but how does smoking weed effect a golfer, ie, give him an advantage over his competition. let's be honest, it's not a performance enhancer right? not sure if this is on topic or not, if it's not, i apologize.

I am not arguing about the effects of the drug I have my own opinions on that which I won't discuss in this thread but am happy to discuss via PM or in the debate room. I am just saying if you know it's illegal, you know you could lose your job and everything you have worked so hard for to get to where you are why smoke it? That's what I don't understand.

I would love for them to show up to their next pga tour event and ALL have to take drug tests

He just needs to be honest about it. Either way he could lose $$. But that's the choice he made. Random and drug test, psssssssha :)

I am not arguing about the effects of the drug I have my own opinions on that which I won't discuss in this thread but am happy to discuss via PM or in the debate room. I am just saying if you know it's illegal, you know you could lose your job and everything you have worked so hard for to get to where you are why smoke it? That's what I don't understand.

i agree completely.

It mellows you out. Tht could help with golf.

I still don't understand how boxer Greg Haugen got his title stripped back in the '80s because he smoked before the fight that he won the title. Not thinking smoking pot puts you in a fighting mood.

It mellows you out. Tht could help with golf.

I still don't understand how boxer Greg Haugen got his title stripped back in the '80s because he smoked before the fight that he won the title. Not thinking smoking pot puts you in a fighting mood.

lol that really happened? How was he able to win that's crazy! Sorry I am sure my comment is totally off topic.

Yeah, imagine how easily he would have won if he hadn't gotten high first!

But smoking pot could definitely help with your nerves in golf. Aren't beta blockers not allowed?

Yeah, imagine how easily he would have won if he hadn't gotten high first!

But smoking pot could definitely help with your nerves in golf. Aren't beta blockers not allowed?

It affects your vision, and all that laughing and being so hungry would be a negative IMO.

If we were in The Debate Room I would agree with TC's first post.

Kevin

Whoa man, this grass is like, soooo greeen. How long have we been playing? It seems like we've been out here for hours man.

Theres a few guys on the tour that when you see them on tv they seem awfully chill and have a little pie face thing going on, not naming any names tc. haha

"Um, Carl... can I get a ruling here."

Are you EVER going to hit that ball or what dude. Weve been on this same stupid hole for HOURS!

It affects your vision, and all that laughing and being so hungry would be a negative IMO.

If we were in The Debate Room I would agree with TC's first post.

Kevin

Can anyone say "Tunnel Vision"? hehehe

Back