KJ Choi Side Saddle John Deere Classic

you think custom?

you think custom?
Looks like a hammy: http://hammyputter.com/shop/ Though pro's can get a custom job that look like anything.
I swear i've seen this stroke before... I mean a really long time ago in a an old golf digest or something. JB ? anybod know what i'm talking about?
edit: one post down.... Slammin Snead, I knew I saw a "straight on" putting style pefore.

didn't sam snead putt with something like that, thought I think he was standing over the ball, which they made illeagal i think
samsnead-3.jpg

Last edited:
I think he looks like a fool! I tried that super fat putter grip that he used to use and I thought THAT was ridiculous! This is insane.

I know a topic of conversation for the next Greenside show.

I think its a bit much. They guy was playing great just a few weeks ago and now he goes to this. He might start playing lefty if his iron game gets off.

didn't sam snead putt with something like that, thought I think he was standing over the ball, which they made illeagal i think
samsnead-3.jpg

He did that and when they made it illegal to straddle the line he began doing it the way Choi did in the video.

That is definetly a unique way of putting. I'm no fan of it!

He did that and when they made it illegal to straddle the line he began doing it the way Choi did in the video.

that's what I thought. When I saw the video I thought of Sam Snead

any ideas on the brand of the putter?

by the way look at most sports, darts, basketball, pool, bowling, soccer, etc, you face your target and you look at the target, 400 years ago when greens were rough you had to use todays style of putting, but today, it makes more sense since the ball just rolls to face the target and to look at the target, why in the world are we putting sideways, looking with one eye usually a nondominant eye for most and then wonder why we can putt for sh**t

Last edited:
any ideas on the brand of the putter?

by the way look at most sports, darts, basketball, soccer, etc, you face your target and you look at the target, 400 years ago when greens were rough you had to use todays style of putting, but today, it makes more sense since the ball just rolls to face the target and to look at the target, why in the world are we putting sideways, looking with one eye usually a nondominant eye for most and then wonder why we can putt for sh**t

This made me wonder if putting left-handed might be something to try. I wonder how many people have ever tried it here? I never have, never even thought of it.

i have, its a totaly different experience kinda weired though because you controlling hand would have to be left hand (on the bottom)

This made me wonder if putting left-handed might be something to try. I wonder how many people have ever tried it here? I never have, never even thought of it.

tried it, bought a cheap lefty putter. I used to putt cross handed so it didn't feel that strange. I did it for about a month or so.

d724f472cf146c92d6d0de9c5697f440-getty-.jpg

aded61f3d7b58e756e59d42f996331d8-getty-.jpg

perfect! any idea who makes the putter?

JB? any ideas?

Waiting for my Darrell Survey to get here.

Thanks JB let me know if you get any ideas on the brand

Back